PDA

View Full Version : January

shunkmanitu
01-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Almost did not ride to Dialysis Monday as the temp dipped to the mid thirties. Will be about the same this AM and maybe even into the twenties by Friday morning. The days are still getting into the forty-five to fifty range. Of course to get that cold here it takes a clear sky, dry, high pressure dome. While I was still working there were many nights I rode the 25 miles to or from work in subfreezing weather on both the CB-750 and the PC. The Spyder has NEARLY the protection of the PC and actually will produce a little heat, never could get the PC hot enough to warm anything.

Have only seen snow three times in the thirty years here. Actually rode the Rebel 450 I had during one of those, Harley had picked that day to bring around their rolling museum to Pensacola. Had Riders from all over the area showing up bundled to the hilt, did not hear of any major accidents. Did get a couple of reports of bike seats being tightly pinched during a couple of slips and slides but no injuries. Had enough accumulate that the Myrtle Grove Fire Department had a real Snow Man out front.

Shunkmanitu, Ikce Wicasa, EWC, USN (ret)
100% Disabled Agent Orange VietNam Vet.
Owner of Iktome Luta! (Red CanAm Spyder)