PDA

View Full Version : Utopia Seat Question

bobgeorge
08-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Hello all,

I got my Utopia seat & got it on this weekend. Question, my wife jumped on the back and she said the metal attachment at the bottom rubs against her if she leans forward. What do you all use to protect against that?

I should add that I have a BRP heated comfort seat so I am seated 2" back.

Thank you!

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-17-2015, 10:30 AM
I think you mean you have a UTOPIA BACKREST.....right.....because of the extra room you have ....the passenger gets less....That's the way this seat works.........Utopia does have the POUCH on the back...put some foam in it ....or wrap the metal post..............good luck..............Mike :thumbup:

bobgeorge
08-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I think you mean you have a UTOPIA BACKREST.....right.....because of the extra room you have ....the passenger gets less....That's the way this seat works.........Utopia does have the POUCH on the back...put some foam in it ....opor wrap the metal post..............good luck..............Mike :thumbup:

Correct...backrest. I will try some foam wrap around the metal.

Pampurrs
08-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I think you mean you have a UTOPIA BACKREST.....right.....because of the extra room you have ....the passenger gets less....That's the way this seat works.........Utopia does have the POUCH on the back...put some foam in it ....or wrap the metal post..............good luck..............Mike :thumbup:

:agree: I think Utopia sells a wrap for the post. If not, you can probably improvise with a strip of leather and some velcro. Unfortunately, this is a trade-off with the comfort seat, it offers comfort for the pilot, at the expense of the co-pilot. That's why we stayed with the stock seat.

Good luck. Hope you find a solution.

Pam

robmorg
08-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Utopia does sell a cushioned wrap for the post in the same color as the backrest. Give 'em a call.

Bob Denman
08-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Yup! Contact them! :thumbup:

If you adjust the backrest to be a little bit more forward; does that help her out? :dontknow:

stevedfive
08-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Same issue here, but I think you are taking about the eyelet for the bolt that sticks up to the rear of the bracket. The only way around that is to get the Easy Out bracket. There is no eyelet. We have the padded wrap for the bracket as well but doesn't help with the bolt eyelet.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-17-2015, 01:24 PM
SEE THE PIC IN POST #7........I made a lower bracket for another Spyderlover here because He also had a Passenger issue. In the PIC shown I made His bracket so the opening was closer to the operator, which gave the passenger almost 2 inches.......just sayin....Mike :thumbup:

bobgeorge
08-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the info. I guess I am taking about the bolt eyelet. It protrudes back toward the passenger a lot.

@BLUEKNIGHT911 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?8323-BLUEKNIGHT911) - I'd appreciate any info on what you did with the eyelet.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all the info. I guess I am taking about the bolt eyelet. It protrudes back toward the passenger a lot.

@BLUEKNIGHT911 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?8323-BLUEKNIGHT911) - I'd appreciate any info on what you did with the eyelet.

....Is yours ...EXACTLY ...as in POST # 7 shows.........Mine is an easy-out and I just turned the slide- in bracket around so that " eyelet " is under the backrest where it doesn't bother anyone........The one I made, I did it the same way......If you can post some PICS maybe I can help you with yours...........I'M NOT A VENDOR BUT , I try to HELP PEOPLE WITH UNIQUE PROBLEMS... Mike :thumbup:

bobgeorge
08-17-2015, 06:39 PM
....Is yours ...EXACTLY ...as in POST # 7 shows.........Mine is an easy-out and I just turned the slide- in bracket around so that " eyelet " is under the backrest where it doesn't bother anyone........The one I made, I did it the same way......If you can post some PICS maybe I can help you with yours...........I'M NOT A VENDOR BUT , I try to HELP PEOPLE WITH UNIQUE PROBLEMS... Mike :thumbup:

Here are photos of what I am talking about.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113826&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113827&stc=1

bobgeorge
09-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Any recommendations on covering the bolt/eyelet at the bottom of the Utopia backrest? It's still bothering my passenger. Thanks!

Pampurrs
09-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Any recommendations on covering the bolt/eyelet at the bottom of the Utopia backrest? It's still bothering my passenger. Thanks!

I think they sell a wrap for that. If it's not on the website, try emailing Bob at bob@utpr.com.

Pam

bobgeorge
09-12-2015, 12:44 PM
I think they sell a wrap for that. If it's not on the website, try emailing Bob at bob@utpr.com.

Pam

Thanks Pam! Just ordered one :f_spider: