PDA

View Full Version : What it is like for me here in Mexico on my Spyder

beadaholic
08-16-2015, 05:45 PM
This is pretty much a normal day for me, I have alot of things to battle! haha, but it is just par for the course. :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvvAMXUBMg&feature=youtu.be

beadaholic
08-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Not sure this works, don't know how to do it! yikes!

Ex Winger
08-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Can,t open it But I,m guessing it,s very hot there

Bob Denman
08-16-2015, 05:52 PM
:shocked: Wow! I guess that "The Thrill of The Open Road" must seem like a myth to you... :shocked:
I think that I caught a case of claustrophobia just from WATCHING it! :yikes:

beadaholic
08-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Can,t open it But I,m guessing it,s very hot there

Yes it is pretty hot, but along with people, cars that drive nuts, cows, horses, donkeys, among other things it is a fun battle out there. haha, going now, being it is 6pm now, the heat has come down a bit....whew...

think I fixed the video now!

Ex Winger
08-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Just watched it What a busy place.Went there last Xmas on for vacation Sorry but never again.Way to hot.I guess it,s what you get use to

loisk
08-16-2015, 06:39 PM
thanks, I enjoyed watching it.Glad we're not the only ones with potholes on main roads, big enough to swallow a cow, let alone a spyder. Don't suppose you've run into my cousin Wayne/Ken ? Cheers from Oz

ARtraveler
08-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Thank you for taking me on a tour where I have not been before. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-16-2015, 07:49 PM
L, you look like you were cooking and smoking a bit on the open sections........and it looks like the Brake Pedal thing is no longer a problem :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:......................M ike

beadaholic
08-16-2015, 08:21 PM
L, you look like you were cooking and smoking a bit on the open sections........and it looks like the Brake Pedal thing is no longer a problem :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:......................M ike

No more problems but I did notice something today, just got back, when I was going out of my gate here, it is on a incline, not real huge but not so small either. Well with the parking brake on, the Spyder moved a tad down the hill, I watched it, and was ready to jump on it if needed, I had thought I had seen this before, usually one of the guys opens the gate for me haha, but when it is Sunday it is just me all by myself, and I keep the thing locked, I don't need some strangers up here with me all by my lonesome.....is this normal, it seems it is not real super duper strong? Or what is the word for that, like my bike only has 2000 miles on it, so it is basically brand new, can it be I need brakes? I do not ride them either, at first I did a little bit, but I learned very fast not to do that! Thank to all of you guys! Thanks!

Chupaca
08-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Como las calles de Lima...thanks for the tour, though a different country we have the same idiots, cows , donkeys with llamas and alpacas thrown in. Country and towns look the same..gracias...:2thumbs:

Motorcycledave
08-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Hi
Just wondering where in
Mexico are you? what city
I have riden in much of the country and
Baja many times,
Dave

QUOTE=beadaholic;1022944]This is pretty much a normal day for me, I have alot of things to battle! haha, but it is just par for the course. :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvvAMXUBMg&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]

pitzerwm
08-17-2015, 01:47 AM
No more problems but I did notice something today, just got back, when I was going out of my gate here, it is on a incline, not real huge but not so small either. Well with the parking brake on, the Spyder moved a tad down the hill, I watched it, and was ready to jump on it if needed, I had thought I had seen this before, usually one of the guys opens the gate for me haha, but when it is Sunday it is just me all by myself, and I keep the thing locked, I don't need some strangers up here with me all by my lonesome.....is this normal, it seems it is not real super duper strong? Or what is the word for that, like my bike only has 2000 miles on it, so it is basically brand new, can it be I need brakes? I do not ride them either, at first I did a little bit, but I learned very fast not to do that! Thank to all of you guys! Thanks!

Probably just need to adjust the parking break.

vided
08-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Thank you for taking me on a tour where I have not been before. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

:agree::agree::agree:

PrairieSpyder
08-17-2015, 08:23 AM
I've been to places like that, but thanks for the reminder. Next time I'm complaining about a first-world problem, I'll think about this.

OJ UK
08-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much for the tour!
I have an English friend married to a Mexican lady who recently moved
from Cuernavaca to Playa del Carmen (I think that's the place...by the ocean!)

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-17-2015, 09:49 AM

Bill is correct , you may need a slight adjustment in the parking brake and I know this poses a problem for you.....personally I can't assist in how you do this.......I did read on Spyderlovers awhile back it was explained but I can't remember the thread ( sorry ).....I would POST this specific Question......someone will chime in,....maybe there is a video ?????......Mike :thumbup:..............PS............How's the Pooch ?????

Pampurrs
08-17-2015, 10:02 AM
This is pretty much a normal day for me, I have alot of things to battle! haha, but it is just par for the course. :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvvAMXUBMg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the tour :bowdown:

Pam

grumpybob
08-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks for sharing, great video. My only speed bumps are geese, ducks, rabbits, and an occasional cat. don't think I could stand that slow traffic.

finless
08-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi
Just wondering where in
Baja many times,
Dave

Looks like based on the signs she passed she is 261 KM from Acapulco and lives somewhere near Grutas.

Bob

finless
08-17-2015, 10:58 AM
A little Google Earthing it turned up this.

She started out in San Mateo Ixtla and got on 95 west in the town of Norte. Went through San Gabriel Las Palmas and a right turn on 166 which is just before Amacuzac.

Google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.6106529,-99.3553771,15z/data=!3m1!1e3

So this will give you an idea what it's like in that town. Loved the tour!

Bob

jthornton
08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Hi Laura,

Great video! I hope you and the girls are making a ton of jewelry. It was great to chat with you the other day.

Stay Safe
JT

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Hi
Just wondering where in
Baja many times,
Dave

I am near Cuernavaca, Morelos, about 2000 miles or so into Mexico!

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Thank you so much for the tour!
I have an English friend married to a Mexican lady who recently moved
from Cuernavaca to Playa del Carmen (I think that's the place...by the ocean!)

Visit him, you won't be sorry! It is gorgeous! GORGEOUS! there! haha

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Bill is correct , you may need a slight adjustment in the parking brake and I know this poses a problem for you.....personally I can't assist in how you do this.......I did read on Spyderlovers awhile back it was explained but I can't remember the thread ( sorry ).....I would POST this specific Question......someone will chime in,....maybe there is a video ?????......Mike :thumbup:..............PS............How's the Pooch ?????

haha Nena (Girl) the pitbull is doing very good now. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113872&stc=1 The snake weighed in at 5 lbs and we estimate it is about 10 years old, it was under my car (you see in the background) and the dog that is there is Bella (one of the other pitbulls) and we have Sol (he is Bellas son and only 7 months old). Poor Nena's head was 2 times it size, and today (2 days later) the swelling has went down completely almost, it bit her on top of her head next to her ear. Poor thing! I didn't go ride Sunday hardly because she was worried she wasn't going to be ok, and wouldn't leave me alone. hehe, that is OK She protected my home!

Ok, will see if I can find something out about the brake...being careful in the meantime!

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Looks like based on the signs she passed she is 261 KM from Acapulco and lives somewhere near Grutas.

Bob

haha Right on Bob! haha, funny how you can tell so much from a sign!

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Hi Laura,

Great video! I hope you and the girls are making a ton of jewelry. It was great to chat with you the other day.

Stay Safe
JT

btw...............it is your mount I use for the camera! haha, LOVE IT!!! Worth every penny! I highly recommend it!

robmorg
08-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Thank you for taking me on a tour where I have not been before. :2thumbs::2thumbs:I enjoyed the video for the very same reason. :thumbup:

Thanks, Laura!!

bobgeorge
08-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Thank you for sharing. The city driving looked rough.

OJ UK
08-18-2015, 02:09 PM
haha Nena (Girl) the pitbull is doing very good now. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113872&stc=1 The snake weighed in at 5 lbs and we estimate it is about 10 years old, it was under my car (you see in the background) and the dog that is there is Bella (one of the other pitbulls) and we have Sol (he is Bellas son and only 7 months old). Poor Nena's head was 2 times it size, and today (2 days later) the swelling has went down completely almost, it bit her on top of her head next to her ear. Poor thing! I didn't go ride Sunday hardly because she was worried she wasn't going to be ok, and wouldn't leave me alone. hehe, that is OK She protected my home!

Ok, will see if I can find something out about the brake...being careful in the meantime!

Oooh!! Nasty Fer-de-Lance I think it has another name in Mexico.....the dog was indeed lucky.

Who killed the snake....the dog?? :yikes:

beadaholic
08-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Oooh!! Nasty Fer-de-Lance I think it has another name in Mexico.....the dog was indeed lucky.

Who killed the snake....the dog?? :yikes:

It is a vibora de cascabel here. No the dog did not kill it, she tried, and she is the most muscle massed dog I have, really is a fighter and hunter too. But no, this was too much for all 3 of them. So I called the guys, being I was here alone (Sunday) and they all came (3 of them) and asked for my 38 pistol but before I could get the pistol out there they had killed it with a heavy long pipe....whew....but poor Nena suffered the consequences. This is Nena, not the best picture of her, but she is a lovely sweet dog. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113887&stc=1

nslowmotion
08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Where do you live in mexico? I live down there about 6 months out of the year down in ciudad del carmen

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-18-2015, 06:43 PM
:yikes:..........I have to ask....................did you eat it :bbq:........I have heard it tastes like chicken :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.....................I'm thinking " Road Trip ":yes::yes::yes:.................Mike :thumbup:

beadaholic
08-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Where do you live in mexico? I live down there about 6 months out of the year down in ciudad del carmen

I am near Cuernavaca, Morelos. Been to Cuidad del Carmen and would prefer that haha, but well I have the ranch here to take care of. But I love it here too!

beadaholic
08-19-2015, 11:06 AM
The guy holding it with his little kids took off with it! I think he might have done this, but he is not saying...haha, it is ok, better him than me!:pray:

:yikes:..........I have to ask....................did you eat it :bbq:........I have heard it tastes like chicken :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.....................I'm thinking " Road Trip ":yes::yes::yes:.................Mike :thumbup:

nslowmotion
08-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Thats kool, your close to mexico city, im close to nothing,:banghead:

beadaholic
08-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Thats kool, your close to mexico city, im close to nothing,:banghead:

It is 2 hours to get there and I have yet to try it, sorta scary but it seems less scary on the motorcycle for some reason to me, in the car I think I would panic for some reason! Go figure?:ohyea:

nslowmotion
08-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Here in carmen, with all of the speed bumps and cows in the road and just the general traffic and screwed up drivers, 2 hours could be just a few blocks away.:banghead: