PDA

View Full Version : Rain Suit?

one2doo
08-16-2015, 11:32 AM
I went to ride the Dragon Friday.Moutain was dry on the way back hit heavy rain. I have a tourmaster rain suit it leaks through Velcro. What suit works the best? Anyone have gortex?

Bob Denman
08-16-2015, 11:40 AM
:shocked: Curious...

I also use a TourMaster, and have NEVER had a leak in any of the ones that I've owned over the past thirty years...
Are you sure that you had everything sealed-up properly? :dontknow:

MouthPiece
08-16-2015, 11:48 AM
There have been several threads on this topic through the years. If I recall correctly the concensus was that there really isn't any rain suit that would completely (emphasis added) keep you dry. I even recall Lamont coming up with some new fangled suit that gauranteed your not getting wet. I believe he even had pictures.

I for one thing that Frogg Toggs (sp?) do a very satisfactory job at a very reasonable price. JMO.

Chris

Bob Denman
08-16-2015, 11:59 AM
My Missus does like her Frog Toggs; I just prefer a one-piece suit... It's got one less gap to let water in! :D

one2doo
08-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Mine is 2 piece

Lew L
08-16-2015, 02:39 PM
+1 on the FroggToggs.

Wife and I have a set and have been dry in a very heavy downpour that we couldnt get out of 10 or 15 mins that felt like an hour.

Kaos

BajaRon
08-16-2015, 02:45 PM
I went to ride the Dragon Friday.Moutain was dry on the way back hit heavy rain. I have a tourmaster rain suit it leaks through Velcro. What suit works the best? Anyone have gortex?

I have always used Firstgear rain gear. I sell it so it is convenient. But I've also had a great deal of success with it. I have purchased a few over the years. I keep going back because it has worked well for me. If you find yourself interested in any Firstgear products let me know. I can quote you a price (probably better than what you would normally pay).

I also carry Frogg Toggs. Some of my customers really like their gear also.

Bfromla
08-16-2015, 02:52 PM
2piece overalls & jacket thousands of miles tested, unforntanly but im that way. I like that they roll up quite small when I dont need them (size loaf of bread). In colder months adds just enough to be windbreaker when off bike, comfortable not changing every stop.

jerpinoy
08-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Go fast enough rain gear not needed.:yes::yes::yes:just kidding.I just don't ride in the rain.

Bob Denman
08-16-2015, 05:23 PM
:shocked: But think of all the fun that you've been missing... :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113752&stc=1

Vt. Rider
08-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Nine years ago I purchased raingear from Cabela's. It's by far the best raingear I have owned. They roll up into their own drawstring bags (each bag is labeled "jacket" or "pants"), and they are compact and store easily. They are super tough and super dry. If I ever need another set.........I'll just get 'em at Cabela's.

tofriendscreek
08-18-2015, 07:25 AM
I want to give a huge [emoji106] to Bajaron on his customer service and pricing. I needed a new rain suit, chose to get a Firstgear Sierra Day Glo and Ron had the best price of anyone, anywhere. I ordered it Friday. It arrived yesterday. I wore it in a powerful downpour late yesterday afternoon. It's comfortable, easily adjustable and after its first rain event - I'm impressed.

Sent from my little piece of paradise!