PDA

View Full Version : BEST warranty question

exwinger
08-15-2015, 08:24 PM
According to my BEST paperwork , repairs are subject to a deductible for each repair order . My question is before calling them Monday ....what constitutes a repair order ? If I have work done and it needs multiple parts , is each part subject to the deductible ? Had a gear position sensor , intake boots and hoses and steering sensor replaced and was charged a deductible for each one . Worst part is , this was the 2nd time for the same problems and after picking the bike up today and headed home the same problems arose .

SpyderAnn01
08-15-2015, 09:16 PM
When my 10 was under Best I tried to wait to take it in until I had more than one thing that needed to be fixed. They would write up one order for all of the items and I paid $50.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-15-2015, 11:33 PM
According to my BEST paperwork , repairs are subject to a deductible for each repair order . My question is before calling them Monday ....what constitutes a repair order ? If I have work done and it needs multiple parts , is each part subject to the deductible ? Had a gear position sensor , intake boots and hoses and steering sensor replaced and was charged a deductible for each one . Worst part is , this was the 2nd time for the same problems and after picking the bike up today and headed home the same problems arose .

IMHO.....you got ripped off......................Mike :thumbup:

pitzerwm
08-16-2015, 12:58 AM
IMHO.....you got ripped off......................Mike :thumbup:

Both times:banghead:

jcthorne
08-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Its per repair order, not per item fixed. IE if you bring it in with several things that need repair all at the same time on the same repair order, only one deductible applies. Sounds like you are due for a refund.

nhoj
08-16-2015, 08:00 AM
According to my BEST paperwork , repairs are subject to a deductible for each repair order.

From the B.E.S.T. Brochure....
"B.E.S.T. coverage doesn’t just protect your vehicle – it also protects your wallet!
You only have to pay the first $50 of the total cost of covered components during
each repair visit"

exwinger
08-16-2015, 08:11 AM
That's the way I thought it should be but wanted to make sure. This is after the bike being in the shop for 39 days. Not a happy camper by any means and will be contacting BRP to get a work order started . At this point it's obvious this dealer can't solve the problem .

PaladinLV
08-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Whether 1 problem or a dozen problems that is ONE work order.

Should they find an ADDITIONAL problem while fixing/working on the others, THAT is ADDED to the work order.

AJ

exwinger
08-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the input . Have a feeling there's going to be an unhappy dealer tomorrow for a couple of reasons. Its' ridiculous the bike the bike will have to be taken back again for the 3rd time after already having it for 39 days and then to be ripped off by overcharging .