PDA

View Full Version : Bad dealer in Colorado

dave92253
08-15-2015, 02:35 PM
We are in Montrose Colorado on vacation. Last night the headlights on our 2014 RT stopped working. I am not a mechanicaly incline. I took the 2 fuses out n took them to Auto Zone n was told they were good. I called the nearest service dealer n they are in Durango Colorado. I talked to Shane/Shawn. can't remember. Told him the problem n if he had any openings this coming week. He said he has 100 bikes lined up to work on the next two weeks. BUT if I was willing to pay the extra fee that he could get me in this Tuesday morning. I asked what it was. He said the normal shop rate is $85 hr but if I paid $135 an hr that he would get me in Tuesday morning. What a rip off. I didn't ask for special favor or anything..just if he had any openings.

ARtraveler
08-15-2015, 02:57 PM
We are in Montrose Colorado on vacation. Last night the headlights on our 2014 RT stopped working. I am not a mechanicaly incline. I took the 2 fuses out n took them to Auto Zone n was told they were good. I called the nearest service dealer n they are in Durango Colorado. I talked to Shane/Shawn. can't remember. Told him the problem n if he had any openings this coming week. He said he has 100 bikes lined up to work on the next two weeks. BUT if I was willing to pay the extra fee that he could get me in this Tuesday morning. I asked what it was. He said the normal shop rate is $85 hr but if I paid $135 an hr that he would get me in Tuesday morning. What a rip off. I didn't ask for special favor or anything..just if he had any openings.

:yikes::yikes::yikes: A definite add on to the dealers from heck. :yes:

Mercenary and stupid.

idahospyder1
08-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Seems like a warranty issue to me. Would BRP's roadside assistance help? Hopefully you can find another dealer close that is not such a shark.

kbwitt
08-15-2015, 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear about problem. I to on the road when I relized my rear tire was getting pretty worn, it had 7,750 mile on it. Started calling dealers, all out 2 weeks are better mentioned I was traveling through would be there in 3 days if they would help me out and change it. Finslly found one who would do it. So keep trying to find dealers close to your route. Mine was Northmotor sports Menomonee Wi. He even charged a half hour less time, 5.00 shop fee instead of 20.00 and 20.00 hour less than my dealer back home.
There are still more nice and kind people than none caring.
Good luck with sympathy Kenn

SPYD3R
08-15-2015, 03:22 PM
got the same run-a-round from them back in '13.... so i just showed up and talk to the manager, and had my SPYD3R serviced quickly....
smells like 5 day old fish out in the sun to me...... doesn't anyone have any ethics these days....????
dp

Bob Denman
08-15-2015, 04:50 PM
The only problem that I have with hearing these reports? :shocked:
The dealership isn't in here to defend their position.
Perhaps you should take this up with the owner of the shop; they might be able to make an accommodation for you...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Vader
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
I agree with talking directly with the owner..that's crazy.

happyspyder2039
08-15-2015, 05:24 PM
We are in Montrose Colorado on vacation. Last night the headlights on our 2014 RT stopped working. I am not a mechanicaly incline. I took the 2 fuses out n took them to Auto Zone n was told they were good. I called the nearest service dealer n they are in Durango Colorado. I talked to Shane/Shawn. can't remember. Told him the problem n if he had any openings this coming week. He said he has 100 bikes lined up to work on the next two weeks. BUT if I was willing to pay the extra fee that he could get me in this Tuesday morning. I asked what it was. He said the normal shop rate is $85 hr but if I paid $135 an hr that he would get me in Tuesday morning. What a rip off. I didn't ask for special favor or anything..just if he had any openings.Bummer!
This dealer has treated me good with my :f_spider: needs. It's getting to be hunting season here so they are about a month out for service appointments from what I know. The worst Spyder dealer I know of but No longer sells or services Spyders. Is Located in Grand Junction,CO.

wd8ajj
08-15-2015, 07:42 PM
I had problems with the local dealer here in New Mexico, called BRP and gave them the scoop and got a call the next day from the dealer to bring it in. BRP customer service called be the next day for a status on the fix.

Cavman
08-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Try pushing in ALL the relays and fuses on the fuse box(es). Then see if you get headlights when you restart? I had this problem with my 2010 RT some years ago.....after the dealer had serviced it. The 'pushing trick' worked....at least I had head lights again.

Chupaca
08-16-2015, 04:11 PM
We all know that is out and out wrong. Next step is call higher up the chain and let them know whats going on cause more than likely they don't. If at that level the result is the same let the world know. :banghead::yikes: