PDA

View Full Version : A Lawsuit Against One Of Your Vacation Stop Restaurants

ARtraveler
08-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Okay Spyderfesters, a man is suing Lamberts Restaurant in Missouri. Home of the famous throwed rolls.

Yep! He got hit by a throwed roll. Wants $25,000 in damages. Claims he got cut in his cornea from the missile.

:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Pampurrs
08-13-2015, 04:52 PM
It was bound to happen eventually. They'll probably quietly settle with him just to shut him up. Or they might countersue for frivolous lawsuit :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Suicide by Throwed Rolls ?????????

Eagle1
08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
If he wins he will be roll----ing in dough!:roflblack:

ARtraveler
08-13-2015, 05:02 PM
If he wins he will be roll----ing in dough!:roflblack:

or--he will make some bread for his efforts. :roflblack::roflblack:

Dan McNally
08-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Perhaps he should have eaten somewhere else. To me, this is like some clown running with the bulls, then suing when he gets gored.

Pampurrs
08-13-2015, 05:11 PM
He's just hoping to get enough dough so he can loaf ........ :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-13-2015, 05:25 PM
These jokes have been so bad, that I'm THROWING in the towel! :D

Cruzr Joe
08-13-2015, 05:45 PM

DAMN, Bob, ya just hit me with that towel right in the B***s

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
08-13-2015, 05:49 PM
:banghead: Now I suppose that I gotta call my Lawyers: Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe! :gaah:

spyderbirds
08-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Some of these jokes make me want to THROW up...

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
08-13-2015, 07:15 PM

Keeping in sync with the thread, why don't you throw a roll instead of a towel. Ill fax you one. :roflblack::roflblack:

4 MARIE
08-13-2015, 08:00 PM
With all of these responses, I feel a yeast infection coming on.

Mazo EMS2
08-13-2015, 08:22 PM
It's really sad that there are lawyers out there that would take a case like this. Pretty disgusting! I thought I read it was a woman, but in any case, he/she needs to be beaten with loaves of bread. Too many crooked lawyers and greed in this country. Buy her some eye drops and antibiotics and tell her to move on and come to reality.
I'm hungry for a hot roll now. Their food is pretty yummy though

Bob Denman
08-13-2015, 08:34 PM
With all of these responses, I feel a yeast infection coming on.
:shocked: Can you sue us for causing it? :yikes:

MisterP
08-13-2015, 08:51 PM
He just wants to butter up his injury, the pastry little dough boy.

Bob Denman
08-14-2015, 08:00 AM
I guess that she kneaded the dough... :shocked:

bruiser
08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
This is getting pretty stale already.

wyliec
08-14-2015, 10:00 AM
It's really sad that there are lawyers out there that would take a case like this. Pretty disgusting! I thought I read it was a woman, but in any case, he/she needs to be beaten with loaves of bread. Too many crooked lawyers and greed in this country. Buy her some eye drops and antibiotics and tell her to move on and come to reality.
I'm hungry for a hot roll now. Their food is pretty yummy though

67 year old female, and she was with her church group. Whatever happen to turning the other cheek?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mo-woman-sues-roll-throwing-cafe-throwing-roll-article-1.2324935

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-14-2015, 10:16 AM
I have always said kill a million lawyers :yes: & that is 2 million not needed, if i am wrong oh well what do we really lose.

Bob Denman
08-14-2015, 10:27 AM
67 year old female, and she was with her church group. Whatever happen to turning the other cheek?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mo-woman-sues-roll-throwing-cafe-throwing-roll-article-1.2324935

She got hit in that one also... :D :joke:

PrairieSpyder
08-14-2015, 11:09 AM
It's partly her fault if she had her hand up to get one and didn't catch it!

MarkLawson
08-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Setting the fun aside for a moment, what if what she claims is the truth? What if she did suffer an eye injury when a roll hit her in the head? Should she bear the medical costs associated with injury?

Bob Denman
08-14-2015, 02:09 PM
When I ate there (albeit two years ago...) The rolls were soft, and they weren't looking for an MLB pitcher's contract... no high heat!

MarkLawson
08-14-2015, 02:52 PM
I've eaten there too and enjoyed all aspects of the experience. I'm not suggesting they change, but can see where this scenario could happen. There's an assumption the lawsuit is frivolous, and it may be, but it may also be legit. I, for one, don't know.

JerryB
08-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi MarkLawson,

Re: There's an assumption the lawsuit is frivolous, and it may be, but it may also be legit. I, for one, don't know.

None of us know enough to offer a truthful comment on it.

If anyone would actually take the time to search & read about the MacDonald's hot coffee lawsuit you would learn a lot about why it was actually MacDonald's fault. I did and it was eye opening.

Just my $0.02,

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Denman
08-14-2015, 05:23 PM
None of us know enough to offer a truthful comment on it.
:agree: But then the jokes started rolling in... :D

And I didn't start them! Honest! :shocked:

Illinois Boy
08-14-2015, 05:44 PM
I have to agree with Bob. I have been to that exact restaurant several times, and the rolls as extremely soft. I would find it very difficult for someone's eye to be damaged; but maybe he was injured somehow.

I would pay for his damages, and give him a dozen rolls to go; then send him on his way. ;)

bruiser
08-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Kinda have to agree with Mark. It is very possible to injure the eye with a "soft" object. It doesn't take much to scratch the cornea. But I still say, this is getting stale. Lets roll on to another topic.

Bigmeech
08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
The question is does he KNEAD the dough??

Rawhide kid
08-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Either way, I think he is a CRUSTY old fart.

ARtraveler
08-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Here is the latest version of the article from the internet where everything is correct. Yesterday it stated a man was suing, that has now been corrected to a woman is suing.

"She says she sustained a lacerated cornea due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
A woman is suing a Missouri restaurant known for throwing rolls at customers for throwing a roll at her. According to the Riverfront Times (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2015/08/thats_how_we_roll_lamberts_cafe_sued_for_throwed_r oll_injury.php), Lambert's Cafe is a restaurant chainlet "proudly" known as the "Home of Throwed Rolls" where servers lob bread rolls across the restaurant at guests. (If there was any doubt as to the restaurant's commitment to roll throwing, its website URL is throwedrolls.com.) However, the airborne carb bombing went completely wrong for one customer. Troy Tucker is suing the restaurant over a severe injury she claims to have received due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
Tucker says she "sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged," while visiting the restaurant last September. Fox4KC notes (http://fox4kc.com/2015/08/13/man-sues-missouri-restaurant-known-as-home-of-throwed-rolls-for-being-hit-by-a-roll/) that Tucker now wants $25,000 to pay for her medical bills and legal fees. Troy claims in the lawsuit that throwing rolls is a "defective condition" and that the restaurant already knew, or should have known, about the "danger of this practice." Throwing things at customers might not be the best decision, but just how hard did a server have to chuck the roll to cause damage to her vision, eyes, neck, and head? Eater reached out to Lambert's Cafe, but reps for the restaurant had "no comment" on the situation.
This isn't the first time a customer has filed a somewhat over-the-top lawsuit against a restaurant. Earlier this year a woman decided to sue P.F. Chang's (http://www.eater.com/2015/2/2/7967325/woman-sues-p-f-changs-over-discriminatory-gluten-free-menu)over what she deemed to be a discriminatory gluten-free menu. The pan-Asian chain charges a dollar more for gluten-free items (to cover the higher food costs) but she believes that the surcharge discriminates against those who can't eat gluten and that it violates the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Update 8/14/15; 9:10 a.m.: An earlier version of this story referred to the plaintiff, Troy Tucker, as a man. She is a woman."

DJFaninTN
08-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Lamberts will now issue these upon entrance to their restaurants to all customers.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113672&stc=1

Bob Denman
08-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Here is the latest version of the article from the internet where everything is correct. Yesterday it stated a man was suing, that has now been corrected to a woman is suing.

"She says she sustained a lacerated cornea due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
A woman is suing a Missouri restaurant known for throwing rolls at customers for throwing a roll at her. According to the Riverfront Times (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2015/08/thats_how_we_roll_lamberts_cafe_sued_for_throwed_r oll_injury.php), Lambert's Cafe is a restaurant chainlet "proudly" known as the "Home of Throwed Rolls" where servers lob bread rolls across the restaurant at guests. (If there was any doubt as to the restaurant's commitment to roll throwing, its website URL is throwedrolls.com.) However, the airborne carb bombing went completely wrong for one customer. Troy Tucker is suing the restaurant over a severe injury she claims to have received due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
Tucker says she "sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged," while visiting the restaurant last September. Fox4KC notes (http://fox4kc.com/2015/08/13/man-sues-missouri-restaurant-known-as-home-of-throwed-rolls-for-being-hit-by-a-roll/) that Tucker now wants $25,000 to pay for her medical bills and legal fees. Troy claims in the lawsuit that throwing rolls is a "defective condition" and that the restaurant already knew, or should have known, about the "danger of this practice." Throwing things at customers might not be the best decision, but just how hard did a server have to chuck the roll to cause damage to her vision, eyes, neck, and head? Eater reached out to Lambert's Cafe, but reps for the restaurant had "no comment" on the situation.

:shocked:
So she went into the "Home of The Throwed-Roll", and is surprised that she took one for the team?
:gaah: This seems similar to putting your hand into the mouth of a bobcat, and being surprised when kitty bites... :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

webweaver
08-15-2015, 11:09 AM
The sign on the building and ads state "Home of the throwed roll". So I think the onus is on her, if she can't catch she shouldn't have put her hand up. I too,was hit by a roll, but I would never have thought of sueing a company for my own inability. OK, now I fell better, frivilous lawsuits get my panties in a wad. :ani29: Penny

wyliec
08-15-2015, 04:16 PM

This isn't the first time a customer has filed a somewhat over-the-top lawsuit against a restaurant. Earlier this year a woman decided to sue P.F. Chang's (http://www.eater.com/2015/2/2/7967325/woman-sues-p-f-changs-over-discriminatory-gluten-free-menu)over what she deemed to be a discriminatory gluten-free menu. The pan-Asian chain charges a dollar more for gluten-free items (to cover the higher food costs) but she believes that the surcharge discriminates against those who can't eat gluten and that it violates the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Update 8/14/15; 9:10 a.m.: An earlier version of this story referred to the plaintiff, Troy Tucker, as a man. She is a woman."

I thought that's what post 19 stated in the link.:dontknow:

ARtraveler
08-15-2015, 04:23 PM
I thought that's what post 19 stated in the link.:dontknow:

When I started this thread I quoted that a man was suing based on the article--which I did not post. Your post #19 did state woman--which was contrary to what I had originally posted. I decided to post the most recent update to clear up any misunderstanding.

Now we have it right and its from the internet. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: