PDA

View Full Version : Can the rear suspension be omitted?

Bgdrmwvr
08-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I have a 2012 RT. The air ride compressor was replaced once already and has now gone out again. The dealer was able to warranty it out the 1st time but isn't able to this time. It is most likely the fault of my dirt road I live on. I refuse to replace it every year and half. Has anyone heard of an after market regular shock made that could replace the compressor?

Chupaca
08-12-2015, 11:10 AM
But elka, race tech, fox etc make rear shocks for spyders. I'm sure you can find what you need from them. Check sponsors here. .. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Doc Humphries is a sponsor here, contact Him about his REAR SUSPENSION WEDGES.....................also see if the Dealer can just dis-connect the COMPRESSOR from the system and make it a MANUAL TYPE.........Then you fill it to where you want and it should stay at that level...................................jmho...... ..Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
But elka, race tech, fox etc make rear shocks for spyders. I'm sure you can find what you need from them. Check sponsors here. .. :thumbup:

:agree: Just let them know what you're doing, and they can set up the shock properly! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
08-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Mine was out for three weeks and I just added air under the seat. Turned out it was a setting on the computer that was not changed when I got a new dash display under warranty. Check the fuse and relay in the frunk.

Roadster Renovations
08-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Our air ride was going crazy running and then dropping pressure, then repeating. I don't think they were designed really well. They should have a software delay when stopping so that it doesn't dump air then fill back up every time you come to a stop. Anyway, our pump seemed to be struggling with keeping up so I installed a pair of Rear Spring Stiffeners in the rear spring. So far it is working very well. The pump doesn't work as hard now and the ride is more stable. PM me if you want a pair for the rear. They are about $45.00 for the pair (2).

Bensonoid
08-12-2015, 02:31 PM
You probably have a leak somewhere in the system that overworked your compressor and caused it to fail. There are lots of posts about suspension leaks. Mine leaked at the fitting that supplies the air bag, I replaced it with a better quality fitting, and yes you can omit the compressor from the system and air it up manually from under the seat like the base RT's. I only lose about 1 lb. a month now. The shock and the air bag are 2 separate items.

Bgdrmwvr
08-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Awesome, thanks for all the quick replies, I will check I to all of them!

DrewNJ
08-12-2015, 03:41 PM
I ran I to a guy last year who used one of those cheap slime compressors as a replacement. I have no idea what went into it but he said it was a pretty easy swap. It was also pretty noisy...[emoji57]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk