PDA

View Full Version : Lifting the Spyder

Allensr
08-11-2015, 01:03 PM
what do you use to lift the Spyder when you want to service it?
What have people done to raise the front end to replace the sway bar?
Allen

Chupaca
08-11-2015, 05:55 PM
there are lots of threads on the subject if you or google search this site...here's what I use....
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113404&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113405&stc=1 just depends on what your going to do and how high...:thumbup:

Thump
08-11-2015, 07:24 PM
I used two aluminum ramps and 4 concrete blocks. Secured everything with straps and drove my Spyder about 1/3 the way up. Had plenty of room to swap out the sway bar and links. Also put on the bumpskid since it was easy to access.
Note~recommend removing necessary plastic while on the ground.
I engaged the parking brake and also chocked the tires.
Next time I need to access underneath though I will follow another member's advice and just use my truck tailgate.
Of course if you are doing tire work or oil then that's a totally different requirement and there are lots of ways to safely do that listed in the forums.
Best of luck!

Spyder Bob
08-11-2015, 08:44 PM
J & S Jacks makes a jack to lift a Spyder off the ground approx. 18" 866-884-5586 They are in WI

teadave
08-11-2015, 08:55 PM
I made adapters for my 2 post car hoist. Gets me 6' of clearance underneath.

Ben Burped
08-11-2015, 09:01 PM
I use a service jack with a 1x6" piece of wood. Bring it in from the front and put the wood on the jack to protect the metal frame. I put ramps under the front wheels for safety. Works well for me. From there, I use the same jack and 1x6 to lift up the back and then put a third ramp under the back wheel. It works and it's safe. Enough said.

AY4B
08-12-2015, 09:40 PM
For Sway bar, I put ramps on my truck tale gate and drove up just enough to get the job done. You can get it up high enough to use a creepy crawler.