PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Roll Call

GA-SPYDER
01-09-2009, 10:43 PM
All Right,
Who and where are ya? Let's see where everybody is.

kliff
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Grovetown, GA.... though I'm still just a wannabe Spyder owner...:(

I just wanna know where all those other 24 local owners are, Tomberlin's told us'ns about...

sirvivor4
01-16-2009, 07:09 PM
jonesboro ga. silver spyder 2008:yes::cheers:

kliff
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
jonesboro ga. silver spyder 2008:yes::cheers:

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

GA-SPYDER
01-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Grovetown, GA.... though I'm still just a wannabe Spyder owner...:(

I just wanna know where all those other 24 local owners are, Tomberlin's told us'ns about...
Not sure where the rest of em are. Two of them are out west of town just down the road from me. Mine was purchased in Charleston (Summerville).
Oh yea, Full Moon SM5 since June.

kliff
01-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Not sure where the rest of em are. Two of them are out west of town just down the road from me. Mine was purchased in Charleston (Summerville).
Oh yea, Full Moon SM5 since June.

How come the Charleston purchase?

I'm starting to think more like they've sold 2...and are hoping for 4, hence...
2,4 LOL!:coffee:

GA-SPYDER
01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Had been looking at them on line(Thanks Lamont!). One of the folks that I ride with had told me about Tomberlin selling them, but only had units for demo rides at the time. The wife and I were on vacation in Charleston. Found a dealer close to the hotel. Signed up for a demo ride(on a BRP program unit, had Canadian plates on it!) came back and asked if they had any on hand. They wound up selling me their demo bike, which was still in the crate! After they did all of the paperwork, the salesman told me that he found out that he wasn't supposed to sell it. Sold it anyway.:thumbup:

REDSPYDER08
01-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Macon,ga red'08 :spyder:

CyberSpyder
01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Late reply, I see. I got my Spyder from Tomberlin in October '08. Ride it everyday as my primary mode of transportation.

BigTspyderGA
01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm up here in Canton, GA. Has anyone had this problem??? I went to my tag office this morning and they denied me a tag, said that the Spyder is not on the list for street legal bikes. I now have to have Law enforcement inspect my Spyder and fill out an Affidavit. HELP!!!!

kliff
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm up here in Canton, GA. Has anyone had this problem??? I went to my tag office this morning and they denied me a tag, said that the Spyder is not on the list for street legal bikes. I now have to have Law enforcement inspect my Spyder and fill out an Affidavit. HELP!!!!

Think I'd ask to speak to a supervisor. I had problems with various cycles over the years....ususally a clerk, that ain't got a clue... hence the term, "clerical error."

silver fox
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Ellenwood Ga. however I got my from tomlin aug/ga Oct 4,2008 when got it and ride all the time

GA-SPYDER
01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I had a small problem, but, it had more to do with buying it in SC and bringing it to GA. Not a DMV problem, insurance problem. :(

GA-SPYDER
01-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Late reply, I see. I got my Spyder from Tomberlin in October '08. Ride it everyday as my primary mode of transportation.
Wish I could. I'm on the road Monday through Friday. Got to cram alot into the weekends. What part of town you from?

jwfranklin
01-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Sorry for the late supply. Been in Hospital the last 2 weeks, no computer access. Red 08 SM5 got in October from Victory of cumming, just in time to take to Daytona. Live in Suwanee, Just off I85 about 30 miles NE of Atlanta.

Wayne

ataDude
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry for the late supply. Been in Hospital the last 2 weeks, no computer access. ...Wayne

Everything OK now?

vt228
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
:spyder::2thumbs:cape cod massachusetts here :2thumbs::spyder:
does anyone know how i can put my photo on my replys like you all have ????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

jwfranklin
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Everything OK now?

Just got home yesterday. I already had 2 chronic health problems and any illness to me is serious. Right now about has strong as a kitten, and will probably miss Daytona this year, as only about a month off. Doctors say eventually will be OK, just going to take a while.

Thanks for asking,
Wayne

CyberSpyder
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Wish I could. I'm on the road Monday through Friday. Got to cram alot into the weekends. What part of town you from?

The Walton Way area. Mike (tomberlin) is trying to put together a ride for April or May..see you there?

GA-SPYDER
02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
The Walton Way area. Mike (tomberlin) is trying to put together a ride for April or May..see you there?
Sorry about the late reply. Didn't know anything about it and , yes, would be entersted. I have not rode with another :spyder2:since I have owned it.

spyder30517
03-25-2009, 10:11 AM
2008 Yellow SE5 Braselton GA.
1 mile from Road Atlanta
BTW - AMA Superbikes April 3-5th
Ill have the Spyder up there - hope some can make it!
Also usually go to Triple Play in Buford Thursday nites - 100+ bikes - pretty cool.

Questions
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Here in Cumming, GA - Silver SM5 08 Spyder. Had for over 4 months and bought for Polaris/Victory of Cumming. I have not seen many of us out and about. Any locals out there want to get together and go riding on the weekends?

Questions
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi, I'm in Clayton, Ga. Rabun county. Yellow SE5.

spyder30517
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM

YEs I had this happen in Hall County as well. DMV had to call dealer - Polaris/Victory of Cumming - then had to take it to Oakwood Police Dept for them to verify DOT #s and VIN - took about 5 minutes to do :2thumbs:

spyder30517
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
All Right,

Im in Braselton GA about 1 mile for Road Atlanta.
Usually go to Triple Play Sports bar in Buford Thursday nites -they get about 300 bikes there and so far I am the only Spyder there ;(
Draws a crowd though :yes:

freebob
05-18-2009, 12:39 PM
OK..2008 SM5 first edition full moon #198 Tybee Island, Ga.
Gets a lot of attention here at beach,Love It..:)

Freebob

stgilmer
06-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Brooks,Ga Spalding County
2008 Full Moon SM5
Purchased @ Xtreme Powersports in Columbus.

REDSPYDER08
06-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to let all the :spyder2: lovers know about this place here in unadilla,ga it's call Angel city here is the link http://www.angelcityrally.com take a look i would like if some :spyder2: could come :2thumbs:

REDSPYDER08
06-06-2009, 01:37 PM
you can also see Angel city on youtube under Angel city rally 2007

spyder1969
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Just bought #1969 used and lovin every minute of it; spin a web every chance I get! Look forward to talkin with ya'll! :spyder:

ice monkey
07-06-2009, 09:43 PM
ice monkey Red 09 traded 09 Harley Street glide in on my new 3 wheeler, had the need 4 speed, lol:ani29: :roflblack:

GA-SPYDER
07-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Just keeping it active. Got to take the beast in to Tomberlin today. First time at a dealer since I bought it. It's got a miss at steady speed. Runs fine if you jump on the throttle. Wierd. Wish me luck!

MarkLawson
07-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Snellville, GA

Ryno
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Toccoa, Ga.

Premiere edition # 1077 Silver.

Took delivery of my Spyder Jan of 2008. Been loving it since!!

Any rides, let me know.

BigTspyderGA
08-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Any ryders up this way? Maybe we could ride some on weekends or evenings.

scdtrd
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
LaGrange.... purchased at Extreme power Sports in Columbus GA.

Silver SM5....

Trying to sell now... :roflblack: need funds for medical reasons.

Scott

GA-SPYDER
08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Got mine back from the so-called Spyder Dealer. Sat there for two weeks. They said that they had bikes in service that had been there for a month.:yikes: I guess that they could not tell me that two weeks ago. I went and picked it up this past Friday and all I got for my troubles was some nice new scratches and a parking brake that doesn't work. It did when I dropped it off. I thought that maybe I'm not one of the "prized customers" since I didn't buy it there. Talked to someone on Saturday night that did buy one there and he got the same service.
Hopefully, if anybody is passing through Augusta, GA, your :spyder2:doesn't have a problem.
TOMBERLINE is a place that I will never step into again.

Questions
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM
All Right,

Cumming, GA. (Lake Lanier) 2009 SE Black & Silver.
4" risers, Fog light kit, Seat rest & 25" windshield. Next week will add running boards for my wife. Had to find someone to make the adaptors.

Purchased new from Polaris of Cumming. 2nd bike I bought from Jeff. Great dealer! Had a 2005 Victory Vegas 8 ball with much chrome on it.

Riding bikes since I was 14 and have had many since. I won't tell my age but, some think I have been down here since Sherman came through (joke).

Just love the wind in my face and so does my wife. She is wanting to learn how to ride now. I think she has the fever. Well maybe Jeff will get to sell us #3?

JimAlpha
08-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Jim Alpha, occasional Cumming resident. 09 Silver SE5. Service at Polaris-Victory of Cumming has been excellent! Jeff and his team are very responsive to customers. :2thumbs:

My Spyder was purchased from Broward Motorsports down in West Palm Beach since I was down there this winter. Broward is also good about service on Spyder.

DigiratiAgent
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this dealership? Also... should I expect to pay sticker on this bike at this point? I am wondering what I am looking for "tax, tag and title"... like the total price for a SE5.

jwfranklin
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this dealership? Also... should I expect to pay sticker on this bike at this point? I am wondering what I am looking for "tax, tag and title"... like the total price for a SE5.

I didn't buy mine from them, bought from the Cumming dealer, but their service sucks. Been taking mine to the Lawrenceville dealer the last few times for service, they are also closer. They seem to know the Spyder a lot better than the Cumming dealer. The service mgr. there owns his own Spyder, slightly modified, He is very willing to talk Spyders with you. He suggested to me to add a Juice Box to cure my bad running Spyder, after the update. But said I should wait a few weeks to see if BRP comes up with a fix, which they are apparently working on now. When I ordered my Spyder last June, Ray the owner of the Lawrenceville store was about $200 more than Jeff the owner of the Cumming store. But like they say you get what you pay for. Dont know about their prices now. But go see Ray

Love2Ride
10-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Got mine back from the so-called Spyder Dealer. Sat there for two weeks. They said that they had bikes in service that had been there for a month.:yikes: I guess that they could not tell me that two weeks ago. I went and picked it up this past Friday and all I got for my troubles was some nice new scratches and a parking brake that doesn't work. It did when I dropped it off. I thought that maybe I'm not one of the "prized customers" since I didn't buy it there. Talked to someone on Saturday night that did buy one there and he got the same service.
Hopefully, if anybody is passing through Augusta, GA, your :spyder2:doesn't have a problem.
TOMBERLINE is a place that I will never step into again.

YUP! They are a real prize aren't they (please note dripping with sarcasm). They don't believe in returning calls either.

Went to Hilton Head Motorsports to buy ours. Great bunch of guys there! Maybe you can call them? You won't be sorry.

GA-SPYDER
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Went to Columbia Powersports Center And it only took them 3 hours to do the first and second update. That's a whole lot better than 2 weeks at the "Pretend" dealer in Augusta.
That's really sad, seeing that they are about 5 miles from the house.
I've had it apart in the garage for about 2 months, getting the hood, front fenders, and panel around the steering head painted black. Was going to do all of the silver panels. Maybe during the winter. I also painted all of the foot peg brackets, handlebar cover, NMN risers, and the mat finish grilles gloss black. Got the :spyder2:emblems and the center rear tail light from Evan. Added a bunch of red L.E.D.s under the tupperware. Looks cool at night. So far, so good on the D.P.S. update and it's fix. :thumbup:

Questions
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Just picked up my spyder a few days ago. 2008 Yellow/black. 908 miles. looking forward to adding some miles to that, if the temps get above freezing!
I am in Lawrenceville, Ga.

the nicko
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
tazmaniac (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=4608) :congrats:

GA-SPYDER
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Just picked up my spyder a few days ago. 2008 Yellow/black. 908 miles. looking forward to adding some miles to that, if the temps get above freezing!
I am in Lawrenceville, Ga.
:congrats:welcome Supposed to be close to 60 degrees by next Friday! Ride it like there is nothing wrong with the DPS!:joke:
(We really need for this problem to go away)

Questions
01-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I hope temps do go up! I am getting the heated gear wired in today anyway. Add GPS. Get the jobs done while the weather sux. I have to take it in next week for a couple recalls that have not been performed then it is time to see what this thing has.
I am hoping my wife will show an interest in learning to ride it. If so I may get to keep the Concours too.:clap:

bruceofthebronx
04-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Got my toy and no Spyders to play with? Mines an09 SM5, had the DPS checked and never an issue. Wanna ride, let me know? Ride safe.

osskicker
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Have them look it up in NADA under motorcycles, it's listed.
Hope it helps, we are returning from vacation with our new 2010 RS S
heading to Jasper, Ga.
Hope we don't run into the same problem.

osskicker
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Jasper, Ga bringing our new 2010 RS S home from our Fl vacation:2thumbs:

spyder30517
06-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Im in Braselton every few weeks - have house there
Ill be up June 18-23rd
Going to try to hit Helen and Richard B Russel if its open by then.
It was closed a few weeks ago

If anyone intersted maybe we can get together and take a ride in the mountains - Sucches, Blue Ridge, etc?

ArmyJoe
06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Finally settled down in Augusta, at least for the next 6 months.

Damn, it's hot here. Ditched the full-face helmet and textile jacket. Going with a half-helmet with goggles and a long sleeve shirt until my new mesh jacket comes in the mail on Friday.

bruceofthebronx
06-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Im in Braselton every few weeks - have house there
Ill be up June 18-23rd
Going to try to hit Helen and Richard B Russel if its open by then.
It was closed a few weeks ago

If anyone intersted maybe we can get together and take a ride in the mountains - Sucches, Blue Ridge, etc?
Let's check in next week and see if this can work? Ride safe.

Bruce

GA-SPYDER
06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Finally settled down in Augusta, at least for the next 6 months.

Damn, it's hot here. Ditched the full-face helmet and textile jacket. Going with a half-helmet with goggles and a long sleeve shirt until my new mesh jacket comes in the mail on Friday.
Welcome to the area. I ride with a local riding group called the Southern Cruisers. We are having a pancake breakfast at Fatz Cafe on June 19th. Come by in the mourning and enjoy some pancakes. It is a fundraiser for St Jude's Childrens hospital. We now have four :spyder2:in the group. We have members with anything from sport bikes to Harleys (and :spyder2:)
Great bunch of people. Stop by!
Carl

1badspyder
06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
08 Phantom I purchased in Henderson, NV (Oct 09)...near Las Vegas. Will live in Kathleen, GA in November this year :2excited:. Looking forward to many Spyder rydes together. :chat:

Keep it :spyder2:

bruceofthebronx
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
08 Phantom I purchased in Henderson, NV (Oct 09)...near Las Vegas. Will live in Kathleen, GA in November this year :2excited:. Looking forward to many Spyder rydes together. :chat:

Keep it :spyder2:
Where is Kathleen?

jwfranklin
06-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Where is Kathleen?

Kathleen is about 5 miles east of exit 136, I-75 on Hwy 129, near Perry, Ga. Where the Ga State Fair is held.

bruceofthebronx
06-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Kathleen is about 5 miles east of exit 136, I-75 on Hwy 129, near Perry, Ga. Where the Ga State Fair is held.
Are you back to riding? Had not seen you on the site for some time now? hope all is well.

ArmyJoe
06-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the area. I ride with a local riding group called the Southern Cruisers. We are having a pancake breakfast at Fatz Cafe on June 19th. Come by in the mourning and enjoy some pancakes. It is a fundraiser for St Jude's Childrens hospital. We now have four :spyder2:in the group. We have members with anything from sport bikes to Harleys (and :spyder2:)
Great bunch of people. Stop by!
Carl

Sorry, missed your post until just now. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway since I went to South Carolina for a Patriot Guard mission.

Anything else coming up?

SpyderWolf
06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
There is a poker run this Saturday, June 26, at Street and Trail Motorsports in Evans, right on Washington Rd. Proceeds will go to benefit the Columbia County School system. It is $10 per bike, an extra $5 for a passenger; however, as an incentive they are giving out a 25% off coupon good towards the purchase of any 1 item valued up to $500. I plan on being there, and my wife may ryde her Spyder depending on how she feels.

Here is a link to the details: http://www.streetandtrail.com/index.htm

If any of you are going to go, it would be great to meet and ryde with you. :thumbup:

Johnny-B
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
New Spyder Rider here from Grovetown, outside Disgusta, got it on Saturday but too late for poker run at Street and Trail, Wendy said she had a couple of spyders enter, 2010 RTS Black. If no rain on Tuesday, SNO-CAPS in N.Augusta is having their bikenite, something about bring new toy for hospital, then to Hooters Bike Nite, then are weekly ritual to Wild Wing Cafe for 2 for Tuesday. Hope to See ya there.

Fanman
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm in Winder. 45 minutes NE of Atlanta. 2010 Blue RT-S.

GA-SPYDER
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Stoped by Street and Trail about 10:30 on Saturday. The oldest son got a big surprise on saturday. Let him ride my M109R and I was riding the :spyder2:. We left Street and Trail and rode down to the leather place on Peach Orchard. Saw a gold (or maybe yellow?) :spyder2: go by while we were in the store. Who dat be?

SpyderWolf
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM

welcome and congrats on your new RT as well.

Stoped by Street and Trail about 10:30 on Saturday. The oldest son got a big surprise on saturday. Let him ride my M109R and I was riding the :spyder2:. We left Street and Trail and rode down to the leather place on Peach Orchard. Saw a gold (or maybe yellow?) :spyder2: go by while we were in the store. Who dat be?

I was ryding in the poker run from Street and Trail with GI Joe. His is yellow, and mine still is underneath the skin. :D We were together the entire day, and rode past there after eating at RoadRunner Cafe. We had 2 Harleys with us. I don't know if you saw him or not, but it could have been.

phillipbj
08-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I’m really late getting info in here.
I live in Brunswick, GA and purchased my 2010 RTS SM5 from North Jax Motorsports on 6-25-10. At the time I knew of no GA dealers.
Spyder is Timeless Black.
I hope to see some of you in the Smokies next month.

sparkie
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Moultrie Ga. Yellow/Black . Tifton motor sports

spyder30517
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM

Need to go out for a ryde sometime - hit the mountains- maybe head towards Helen and Suches
I am behind Jefferies in Braselton

Big Bird
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
[quote=GA-SPYDER;67696]All Right,
Who and where are ya? Let's see where everybody is.[/quote
Got mine on eBay just as you see it... the Dealer in Greenville, SC Power Sports, has treated me and a buddy great... Bridget is right on top of things... looked up my vin and got me the two recalls done... all of BRP is having a problem with recall kits and units, as the majority is being shipped to Eurp...after all, they did the testing and design work in France... lovin it!!!

Does Westminster, SC count? there ain't hardly any one here in SC (yet) up for gatherings and rides.. meet and greets, figure me as if I was in Taccoa, GA
Glenn as Big Bird:shemademe_smilie::thumbup::ohyea:

AnthonyG
04-19-2011, 11:16 AM
just looking and thinking about this type of trike . i am getting past the 2 wheele stage in life and into the trike stage.
i live in swainsbro,ga. at present am riding a 83 honda interstate that i restored in 2oo6.
the RTS is just what i am looking for (i think). still poking around. see yeah around . wayne :chat:

Hawk Eye
04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
W Marietta :popcorn:

Pete:yes::yes:

Diablo Rojo
05-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm going to try to make it up Thursday to attend the B'que. :spyder2:

spyder30517
05-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Who all're headed up to Maggie Valley?

SWMBO and I won't be leaving until Friday AM, time TBD. Anyone want to meet up somewhere's say along 441 and ryde on from there?

We will be getting on 441 in Madison and heading north. We are thinking of leaving btwn 7 and 8 with stops every 1.5 to 2 hours. This is ALL flexible as the main thing is the ryde and tentative into Maggie Valley btwn 1200 and 1300.

Ill be leaving Oakwood Ga about 8-9 am Friday.
My be able to meet you on 441 somewhere
Looks to be about a 3 hour ride for me to MV

spyder30517
05-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm going to try to make it up Thursday to attend the B'que. :spyder2:

Let me know - maybe ride up 985/441 to Lamonts
Its about a 3hr ride
Meet in Oakwood?

Ga Blue Knight
05-30-2011, 06:09 AM
All Right,

Hi, add two more Spyders in Augusta Ga. I have a silver 09 new leftover and my son has a red 09 leftover. We bought them last January and love them.

Hope to see some of you all in Magee Valley for the BRP event June 18

SpyderWolf
05-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi, add two more Spyders in Augusta Ga. I have a silver 09 new leftover and my son has a red 09 leftover. We bought them last January and love them.

Hope to see some of you all in Magee Valley for the BRP event June 18

:welcome:

I am a bit across the river, but will also be attending the Maggie Valley Owners Event and hope to see a bunch of you there. :thumbup:

Sapper7
05-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Ludowici, Ga
:2thumbs:

Yol Bolsun
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Covington, GA

1badspyder
06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Kathleen, GA

Hawk
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Buford. Let's do a ride soon!!!!

skosh
06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Two here in Maysville, Ga. 2010's - One black and one blue. We went to Maggie Valley and rode the Dragon. What a blast! I wish I had known you all were in the area and going. One thing I noticed at Maggie Valley was that several of the states have great comraderie among the spyder owners and I was wishing there was something in my area like that. We need to get the Georgia Spyders together for a ride. Maybe we could meet in a central location and ride one weekend. It would be great to meet all the Georgia spyder owners.

Yol Bolsun
06-25-2011, 08:27 PM
...We need to get the Georgia Spyders together for a ride. Maybe we could meet in a central location and ride one weekend. It would be great to meet all the Georgia spyder owners.
:agree: skosh, your profile sez you are retired. Do you have the time to coordinate/etc. something like this? I would be more than willing to assist but have to take care of the Golden Egg still. What I think we need is;

Identify each Georgia member (thought... temporarily have each GA member change the location info in their User CP to "Georgia On My Mind". That would enable easy sort to find GA Spyder Ryders.
email for each Georgia member or commitment to check Spyderlovers PMs.
Location of each member to enable calculation of 'central location'... a Google map (or something like) might assist in this. Or zipcode for each member.

NOTE: Any of the above could be wrong. But, may be a step in the right direction.

All, I nominate skosh as GA Chapter Chairperson.:thumbup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: (if CP is correct and skosh is actually retired and... is willing.)

GA-SPYDER
06-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Glad to see all of the new Georgia posts. Picking a date and place to get together sounds like a great idea! I'm definately game!:thumbup:

Yol Bolsun
06-27-2011, 04:36 AM
[quote=GA-SPYDER;67696]Does Westminster, SC count? there ain't hardly any one here in SC (yet) up for gatherings and rides.. meet and greets, figure me as if I was in Taccoa, GA
Glenn as Big Bird:shemademe_smilie::thumbup::ohyea:
Glenn,

Just my $.02. I would say more than welcome to join GA ryders IF we can get one going.

Oh, and don't forget to bring Spyderwolf with you.

SpyderWolf
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Tomorrow night, last Tuesday of each month, for those near the Augusta area there is a Bike Night at the Sno-Cap Drive In. They usually get a pretty good turnout of all kinds of bikes. Last month there were more Spyders there than I have ever seen before, so that was cool. It runs from 6-9 and my wife and I plan on being there with our Spyders. :2thumbs:

For directions and more details about the place, check out their web site: http://www.snocapnorthaugusta.com/

GA-SPYDER
06-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Tomorrow night, last Tuesday of each month, for those near the Augusta area there is a Bike Night at the Sno-Cap Drive In. They usually get a pretty good turnout of all kinds of bikes. Last month there were more Spyders there than I have ever seen before, so that was cool. It runs from 6-9 and my wife and I plan on being there with our Spyders. :2thumbs:

For directions and more details about the place, check out their web site: http://www.snocapnorthaugusta.com/
Hey SpyderWolf,
Would really like to go to Sno-Cap, just cain't be in town on Tues..or Wed..or Thurs....or, you get the idea. This work thing sure does get in the way! My oldest son is home from College and he will ride the Spyder or the M109 over there most Tuesdays.:thumbup:

SpyderWolf
06-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey SpyderWolf,
Would really like to go to Sno-Cap, just cain't be in town on Tues..or Wed..or Thurs....or, you get the idea. This work thing sure does get in the way! My oldest son is home from College and he will ride the Spyder or the M109 over there most Tuesdays.:thumbup:

Hi Carl,

I met quite a few of your friends there last month, and they told me about your work situation. If your son does go, tell him to come say hi to me. I will be easy enough to find. :D

Yol Bolsun
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Carl,

I met quite a few of your friends there last month, and they told me about your work situation. If your son does go, tell him to come say hi to me. I will be easy enough to find. :D

Week nights really suck and a lot of weekends do too. BUT, we will make it happen sometime.

Kestrel
07-02-2011, 04:48 AM
RT rider - Augusta -

Sparky

SpyderWolf
07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Week nights really suck and a lot of weekends do too. BUT, we will make it happen sometime.

Weeknights are tough, and suck even more when severe thunderstorms roll through the area. We did not make it to the Sno Cap, I made it to Beech Island. SC, while the rest of the group was stuck in Barnwell, SC. I ended up ryding there to meet them for dinner instead. :(

RT rider - Augusta -

Sparky

:welcome:

TuckMiddle
09-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Big T, do you still have a Spyder? I'm up in Waleska with a month old RT-S. I guess you diod well, they didn't question my Spyder, but the office pukes in ATL said there was no such model as an RT-SM. Freedom Power Sports in K'saw straightened it out.

Like to meet with ya if you still have your Spyder.

Tuck :clap:

MikeinGA
09-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm new to the Can-am spyder, bought a new one in July 2011. It's a RSS matte black and orange. I'm located in Mt. Airy, Ga. My wife and I are both retired and do most of riding Mon. - Fri. in North Ga. I do most of maintence, repair, & improvements myself. I look forward to meeting other Spyder riders. So y'all ride safe and have fun.

Mike:thumbup:

jeromeb
09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Columbus Ga. Traded for RTS 30 june. 4000 great miles so for, including a 2000 mile trip in the southeast mts and another of 1000. Interested in ga. rallys.

Jerry

GASpyderLady
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Bought my 2011 RT-S in August and have 1,400 + in first 30 days. I LOVE this bike.

sewnonnie
09-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I bought my used 2008 GS/RS yellow Spyder last Saturday at Mountain MotorSports in Conyers, GA. Learning to use the manual transmission since the first "bike" I ever drove was our (Yol Bolsun) RT SE5.

I'm able to get around the neighborhood with out stalling the engine, so maybe a longer ride is not too far off.

Her name is "Miss Daisy" and I am having a blast "Driving Miss Daisy"

Hecam17
10-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Heya everyone. Got our '10 RT SE5 in April and really love it. Live in Kennesaw and we ride the Red Top Mtn area a lot, give a wave.

Hawk
10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Grats on the purchase!!! We are a meet up this month in Augusta, and your invited (everyone is, so don't feel special ;))!!! Hope to see ya there!!

Boomer2
10-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Lawrenceville Ga.

Daisyjoe
10-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I AM LOCATED IN MIDWAY, GA. JUST SOUTH OF SAVANNAH. WOULD LOVE TO FIND SOME RIDERS IN THIS AREA. CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE MY SPYDER IN THE MOUNTAINS.

Daisyjoe
10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Two here in Maysville, Ga. 2010's - One black and one blue. We went to Maggie Valley and rode the Dragon. What a blast! I wish I had known you all were in the area and going. One thing I noticed at Maggie Valley was that several of the states have great comraderie among the spyder owners and I was wishing there was something in my area like that. We need to get the Georgia Spyders together for a ride. Maybe we could meet in a central location and ride one weekend. It would be great to meet all the Georgia spyder owners.

WONDERFUL IDEA. I LIVE NEAR SAVANNAH AND WOULD LOVETO RIDE WITH OTHER SPYDERS.

lovinlife
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
We bought our RS 2010 in April this year and we are lovin it! My wife and I ride most weekends and look forward to meeting everyone in Augusta.

captblack
10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
New 2011 RT SM5 near Kingsland. Picked it up last Thursday but it has rained every day.

Last rode 40 years ago on a dirt bike - needless to say I get to learn everything all over again. I am glad we have learner permits here so I can get practiced up. The 20 or so miles I have put on the spyder were great and I think I will really enjoy it.

Can't wait to get back to north Georgia - I have enjoyed the roads, including the dragon a couple of times in the jeep but now I am ready for the real fun.

Hope to find some local riders to explore with down here (including north east Florida).

Daisyjoe
10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
ALWAYS GOOD NEWS TO WELCOME A NEW:spyder2:. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN AUGUSTA ON 22 OCT.:doorag:

Yol Bolsun
10-11-2011, 10:00 PM
ALWAYS GOOD NEWS TO WELCOME A NEW:spyder2:. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN AUGUSTA ON 22 OCT.:doorag:

:agree: :welcome: You should have heard from Doc - riverside, check your PMs. It would be great if you can join us in Augusta.

captblack
10-13-2011, 08:33 PM
:agree: :welcome: You should have heard from Doc - riverside, check your PMs. It would be great if you can join us in Augusta.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been in contact with Doc - turns out I have known him for over 20 years. I used to work with him at Kings Bay.

I can't make this run to Augusta. I still am using my learners permit and that would be a long trip with no interstates (even if I do hate using them). I hope to get with you guys soon ...

Yol Bolsun
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM
I still am using my learners permit...

So, go take the riding test and make it happen. The riding test (at least in the Locust Grove office) was cake. Sharp turns being the hardest part but very do-able. Stopping test, just stand-on-it, the Spyder does the rest. My wife took her riding test after three days of practice in the school parking lot and one ride to and from her work (she had never driven an MC before).

Hawk Eye
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Welcome you will love your new ride.

Pete :yes:

Spyderman_09
10-16-2011, 03:05 PM
We live in the Cumming area. How about you?

Boomer2
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
We are in Lawrenceville close to Loganville, there are quite a few in the area. Welcome and you will really enjoy your new:spyder2:

bloke
10-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Bloke Conyers ;)

Spyderman_09
10-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Cumming/Gainesville area.....My wife and I enjoy riding almost every weekend. Anyone want to join in on the weekends?????:doorag:

Yol Bolsun
10-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Cumming/Gainesville area.....My wife and I enjoy riding almost every weekend. Anyone want to join in on the weekends?????:doorag:

Frank, SWMBO and I definitely would like to join you some weekend(s). Booked today, gonna go drool on Double(or is that)Trouble's new Bronze RT. :roflblack:

Spyderman_09
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Give me a couple of days notice before the weekend and we and anyone else who wants to join us we all can hook up.

Frank, SWMBO and I definitely would like to join you some weekend(s). Booked today, gonna go drool on Double(or is that)Trouble's new Bronze RT. :roflblack:

Cavman
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Just purchased a 2010 Spyder RT Audio & Convenience today and will be going to pick it up tomorrow with a rented trailer to bring it home to Marietta. WooHoo! :yes:
My helmet will be here next week so I will have time to learn about my new transportation.
I downloaded an owner's manual last week and have been reviewing it.

MarkLawson
01-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Just purchased a 2010 Spyder RT Audio & Convenience today and will be going to pick it up tomorrow with a rented trailer to bring it home to Marietta. WooHoo! :yes:
My helmet will be here next week so I will have time to learn about my new transportation.
I downloaded an owner's manual last week and have been reviewing it.

Alright! Welcome to SpyderLovers! We're having a Georgia Spyder Riders meeting on Saturday the 28th @ Freedom PowerSports In Kennesaw. Why don't you come join us? It's our first official meeting, so you'll get in on the ground floor.

See this link for details: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?35389-January-28-2012

If the weather is no good, just drive your car.

Look forward to meeting you!

Yol Bolsun
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome aboard Cavman. You will love your RT. As Mark said, try to join us on the 28th. It should be a good time to see a significant gathering of Spyders (if DT's weather forecast holds :pray:)

PS...Expect to see your Avatar pic change in the near future. :lecturef_smilie::roflblack:.

Spyderman_09
01-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Spyderman_09 Cumming, GA.:yes:

meancj7
01-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Another Spyder in Georgia,2011RT black, Love it! Down here in Savannah, let me know if anyone's headed this way and want to ride. Maybe Benten Lees steakhouse, if haven't heard of it there great.:

BigBadBob
01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
BigBadBob here in Buford, GA. 2012 RT Limited from Freedom Power Sports in Lawrenceville. Great guys running that shop. I've been going through mod fever, almost done and ready for Cuba in April. Will have to stop by Triple Play on Thursdays. Will try to make the 28th gathering in Kennasaw. No problems registering and getting a tag at the Gainsville Tag Office, nice folks working the windows. :yes:

MarkLawson
01-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Now we're talking! A whole host of new Georgia SpyderLovers! Welcome all. Hope to see you all on the 30th!

EzeSpyderGA
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Greetings: This is EzeSpyderGa from Crandall, GA saying hello to all. We purchased a 2011 RT-S from Alcoa Good Times in October and are looking forward to meeting many of the Georgia Spyder Riders on Saturday, 1/28/12 at Freedom Power Sports. :yes:

Yol Bolsun
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Greetings: This is EzeSpyderGa from Crandall, GA saying hello to all. We purchased a 2011 RT-S from Alcoa Good Times in October and are looking forward to meeting many of the Georgia Spyder Riders on Saturday, 1/28/12 at Freedom Power Sports. :yes:

:2thumbs: C U Saturday.

MarkLawson
01-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Now we're talking! A whole host of new Georgia SpyderLovers! Welcome all. Hope to see you all on the 30th!

Oops, I mean the 28th! :dontknow:

Spyderbit65
05-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Duluth GA
I ride a 2011 Black/Silver RSS and my husband rides a 2011 Copper RSS. Anyone in the area want to meet up and ride?

Hawk
05-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Sweet, maybe we can ride sometimes. Im in Buford, BigBadBob is from the area too. Still waiting on the invite for some BBQ from him. :bbq:;)

Spyderbit65
05-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey Hawk
We would love to meet up with you and any other spyder riders in the area, just let me know where and when. My husband and I just got our RSS's and love to get out and ride.
Colleen

Spyderman_09
05-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Duluth GA
I ride a 2011 Black/Silver RSS and my husband rides a 2011 Copper RSS. Anyone in the area want to meet up and ride?

We live in Cumming, GA. We have been on this since 2010 and really no one forms a ride. We have a 2009 Roadster black/gray.

Daisyjoe
05-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Another Spyder in Georgia,2011RT black, Love it! Down here in Savannah, let me know if anyone's headed this way and want to ride. Maybe Benten Lees steakhouse, if haven't heard of it there great.:

JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE:yes: DIDN'T REALIZE SOMEONE FROM THIS AREA WAS ON THE SITE :clap: WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER SOMETIME AND RIDE. YOU MENTIONED BENTON LEE'S AND MUDCAT CHARLIE'S BELOW DARIEN IS ALSO A GOOD PLACE TO EAT AND A GOOD RIDE :ohyea::ohyea:

Spyderman_09
06-03-2012, 05:39 PM
For the umpteen time we are located in Cumming, GA. 2009 Roadster purchased new. We like to ride. Some business aquaintences & I are leaving June 15th. 2012 for an overnight stay to North Carolina and we are going the ride the Dragon.:yes:

MarkLawson
06-03-2012, 09:15 PM
For the umpteen time we are located in Cumming, GA. 2009 Roadster purchased new. We like to ride. Some business aquaintences & I are leaving June 15th. 2012 for an overnight stay to North Carolina and we are going the ride the Dragon.:yes:

Have a great time on the Dragon. I'll be leaving for Durango after work on the 15th, so won't be able to join you this time.

Have fun!

Fatherofsix
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I commute on my 2010 Quantum Blue but would be interested in taking a ride with a group. Let me know if some people are getting together. Had the RS for 3 months now.

Spyderman_09
07-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Good luck in getting a group ride together. I have been trying that for a few years and nothing happens nor are they organized in group meets.:yes:

Daisyjoe
07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Good luck in getting a group ride together. I have been trying that for a few years and nothing happens nor are they organized in group meets.:yes:

I tried to get the group to ride east toward Savannah. NO LUCK. :banghead:

meancj7
07-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Looks like no break in the weather for a week or more, If I see onw will PM you and try to make a plan to meet and ride west. (Lanes Packing great lunch and ice cream) Maybe find mor interested SPYDER riders.

I tried to get the group to ride east toward Savannah. NO LUCK. :banghead:

Daisyjoe
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Looks like no break in the weather for a week or more, If I see onw will PM you and try to make a plan to meet and ride west. (Lanes Packing great lunch and ice cream) Maybe find mor interested SPYDER riders.

Sounds great! Spyder in Jesup that would possibly be interested.

sewnonnie
07-18-2012, 08:22 PM
A group of Spyder riders started GA Spider Riders last September. We had a meeting in Social Circle, with small rides after it for anyone that was interested. Then we had another meeting in Augusta in October. Our next meeting was in January (or was it February) in Kennesaw. We had a group ride to SpyderFest in April.

When we started this group, the riders that partcipated wanted to be "organized, but casual." We have tried to set up meetings in different areas of the state to encourage participation. Since Yol Bolsun is the "head honcho" (and my hubby) and we knew our May to July schedule was crazy, we suggested that another member set the spring meeting. There was a suggested ride for Savannah that sounded awesome, but we never saw any firm details posted. So far, our meetings have been more "meet and eats" with the rides consisting of getting to and from the meetings. The meetings are the "organized" side. We have voted on a group logo, name, no dues, how often to meet and other business. Just this little bit of organization is very time consuming. Sometimes our members will post in the GA section that they are going somewhere and are looking for company. That goes with the casual side of this group.

The next group meeting should occur within this quarter (July-Sept). We are open to suggestions as to where and when. We need a meeting place and date and if desired, planned rides. Keith (YolBolsun) and I will try to make the meeting depending on our work schedules. If we can't be there, any business can be handled by anyone else. We usually post an agenda before the meeting. If someone else wants to take over being the "head honcho" we welcome the volunteer(s).

Spyderbit65
07-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Has a meeting place been set up for August or Sept? We love to get out and ride and would love to get together with a group.... We are in Duluth so hey Cumming, let chat and set something up.

Spyderbit65
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey Spyderman_09 and Daisy Jo.. My husband and I are in Duluth and would love to get together and ride.. Pick a weekend and we will be there....:clap:

sewnonnie
07-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Has a meeting place been set up for August or Sept? We love to get out and ride and would love to get together with a group.... We are in Duluth so hey Cumming, let chat and set something up.

The meeting will be in Conyers. Still trying to lock down a date with Mtn Motorsports. I am also trying to set up a ride that will end at the monastery before going back to Mtn Motorsports for potluck and meeting. Looking for afternoon to evening as a time frame.

In September, we are planning on the WEMC Breast Cancer ride and many of our members are going to Lamont's BarBQ in Tennessee. We will discuss both of these at our meeting.

I am also looking to set up and Ladies ride (men are welcome too) in the Oct/Nov time frame. I was thinking of a ride that will end up at a tea place somewhere.

Welcome to all new GA Spyder Riders.

Spyderman_09
07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
IN CUMMING, GA. WAITING ON A BIG WEEKEND RIDE (ANYONE)?

Spyderman_09
07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey Spyderman_09 and Daisy Jo.. My husband and I are in Duluth and would love to get together and ride.. Pick a weekend and we will be there....:clap:

e-mail me :yes:fjmikos@gmail.com

Spyderman_09
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Have a great time on the Dragon. I'll be leaving for Durango after work on the 15th, so won't be able to join you this time.

Have fun!

Had a great time on the Dragon with 5 other friends. If you have never been there try it. 319 turns in 11 miles. In watching the people & their bikes take off after a while we said why wait until the next day let's do it now. I do not know how many of you realize it but, a Spyder does one hell f a burnout. When we took off my friend was first with his Screaming Eagle I went second & the rest of the pack followed. They said when I did my burnout everyones heads snapped to see what it was. The Screaming Eagle & I finished in 12 minutes. Yes we where moving. It was a lot of fun. On the way back home the next day I took them along the Ocee river rapids on Tenn route 64 into Copperhill, TN. & then back home down 575 to 53 to GA 400. We put on about 500 miles that weekend ride. Lots of interesting friendly people there try it!:yes:

Spyderman_09
07-27-2012, 07:35 PM
My friends and I are thinking Thunder Beach (Panama City) this October. Although not for the whole week 2 to 3 days. Heck any longer I would get in trouble! Any interested Spyders????:yes:
Most likely leave early on Friday.

GA-SPYDER
07-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Had a great time on the Dragon with 5 other friends. If you have never been there try it. 319 turns in 11 miles. In watching the people & their bikes take off after a while we said why wait until the next day let's do it now. I do not know how many of you realize it but, a Spyder does one hell f a burnout. When we took off my friend was first with his Screaming Eagle I went second & the rest of the pack followed. They said when I did my burnout everyones heads snapped to see what it was. The Screaming Eagle & I finished in 12 minutes. Yes we where moving. It was a lot of fun. On the way back home the next day I took them along the Ocee river rapids on Tenn route 64 into Copperhill, TN. & then back home down 575 to 53 to GA 400. We put on about 500 miles that weekend ride. Lots of interesting friendly people there try it!:yes:

Sounds like ya'll had a great time. Just a word of caution, depending on what day it is, the Dragon is heavily patrolled by the ticket writers. We all know that it is for a reason. Many, many motorcycle accidents from people riding over their abilities, semis on the wrong side of the road, bicylists, and on and on.........
see picture below

MarkLawson
07-27-2012, 10:08 PM
The meeting will be in Conyers. Still trying to lock down a date with Mtn Motorsports. I am also trying to set up a ride that will end at the monastery before going back to Mtn Motorsports for potluck and meeting. Looking for afternoon to evening as a time frame.

In September, we are planning on the WEMC Breast Cancer ride and many of our members are going to Lamont's BarBQ in Tennessee. We will discuss both of these at our meeting.

I am also looking to set up and Ladies ride (men are welcome too) in the Oct/Nov time frame. I was thinking of a ride that will end up at a tea place somewhere.

Welcome to all new GA Spyder Riders.

Sounds yummy! Might I suggest eating the potluck first. Would be difficult to keep some of the dishes fresh if we choose to ride first...

sewnonnie
07-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Sounds yummy! Might I suggest eating the potluck first. Would be difficult to keep some of the dishes fresh if we choose to ride first...

I know there is a refrigerator in the dealership, I will talk with Bloke. Maybe potluck, ride and then dessert with meeting. Need to be at the monastery bt about 4:30.

deligrl
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Georgia Spyder riders. Just got my Spyder a few months ago and would love to get together with other riders sometime. I'm in the Lawrenceville area if anyone sees a green RS-s that's me.

Hawk
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Come to the meeting this weekend. We are very informal and you can meet some new peeps.

deligrl
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Come to the meeting this weekend. We are very informal and you can meet some new peeps.

I would love to come out this weekend but I run my own restaurant and have to be there this weekend. I'm hoping to be free for the next upcoming event. I can't wait to meet other riders.

Daisyjoe
08-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Georgia Spyder riders. Just got my Spyder a few months ago and would love to get together with other riders sometime. I'm in the Lawrenceville area if anyone sees a green RS-s that's me.

Welcome! I have an RS. Purchased it June of last year. Fun, fun, fun. I live near Savannah so hopefully one of your trips will be in this direction. Welcome to the site. Great info and lots of wonderful people.

Cavman
08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
DaiseyJoe, I'll be in your area November 6-11 for the Going Coastal...one more time Mega Geocaching event to be held at Skidaway Island State Park.
I'll have my Spyder RT there as alternate transportation. :yes:
Come to the park that weekend and enjoy the fun time by hundreds of people. There are to be some events held in Savannah and Tybee Island. I can send you link if you wish?

Cavman
08-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Deligrl what is the name of your place and where is it located? I could be in that area and hungry. Ya never know?

deligrl
08-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Deligrl what is the name of your place and where is it located? I could be in that area and hungry. Ya never know?

Jen's New York Deli. I would love to meet fellow riders so stop on by. I'm there practically all the time.
We do deli sandwiches and bagels here's the website: http://jensnewyorkdeli.com

(http://jensnewyorkdeli.com)

Hawk
08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Jen's New York Deli. I would love to meet fellow riders so stop on by. I'm there practically all the time.

(http://jensnewyorkdeli.com)

Might just turn into a Spyder Hangout!!

deligrl
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
I ride to work most days (weather permitting) and is parked out back. Would love to see ya:D

MarkLawson
08-16-2012, 08:51 AM

I live just a few miles from there @ Hwy 78 & Killian Hill. Will definitely come visit!

Yol Bolsun
08-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Might just turn into a Spyder Hangout!!
:2thumbs::bbq:

Tomite
08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Lawrenceville, GA. Just got my Spyder and absolutely love it. Can't wait for some nice days so I can ride her again.

sewnonnie
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Lawrenceville, GA. Just got my Spyder and absolutely love it. Can't wait for some nice days so I can ride her again.

Good to hear from a new member. We had our quarterly meeting yesterday in Conyers; however, there is always someone looking to ride with another Spyder rider. We have a couple of planned events coming up if you want to join. Check out the threads in this section for the Walton EMC Breast Cancer ride, Lamonster's BarBQ and the Ladies Ride in October. Look forward to meeting you sometime.
Melanie

Yol Bolsun
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Keep in mind that 30% chance of rain is a 70% chance of 'dry' and carry rain gear just in case.

BTW, can recommend Frogg Toggs, Road Toad raingear.

deligrl
08-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Keep in mind that 30% chance of rain is a 70% chance of 'dry' and carry rain gear just in case.

BTW, can recommend Frogg Toggs, Road Toad raingear.

That's funny but so true. Never can predict the weather around here.

Lava Flow
08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
we are in Acworth, GA

Yol Bolsun
08-24-2012, 10:11 AM
we are in Acworth, GA

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to meeting you one of these times.

Macvid
09-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Vidalia, Ga
1,100 miles in less than 2 weeks.

MarkLawson
09-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Vidalia, Ga

Welcome to SpyderLovers and thanks for posting in the Georgia forum. Keep an eye open for announcements of upcoming rides and gatherings. The next one is a Walton EMC breast cancer ride on Sep 15th. You shouldn't have any problems finding the post.

Looking forward to meeting you! God bless!

Macvid
09-02-2012, 07:54 PM
JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE:yes: DIDN'T REALIZE SOMEONE FROM THIS AREA WAS ON THE SITE :clap: WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER SOMETIME AND RIDE. YOU MENTIONED BENTON LEE'S AND MUDCAT CHARLIE'S BELOW DARIEN IS ALSO A GOOD PLACE TO EAT AND A GOOD RIDE :ohyea::ohyea:
-----------------------------------------------

Benton Lee's is good. 15 miles form me.
Had lunch today in Darien at Mike's fish camp. It was better than MudCat to me.

Yol Bolsun
09-02-2012, 10:15 PM
-----------------------------------------------

Benton Lee's is good. 15 miles form me.
Had lunch today in Darien at Mike's fish camp. It was better than MudCat to me.

I think I hear another 'Meet-and-Eat' coming up. :2thumbs::bbq:

MarkLawson
09-03-2012, 07:41 AM
I think I hear another 'Meet-and-Eat' coming up. :2thumbs::bbq:

Yes!

sewnonnie
09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Vidalia, Ga

Congrats on your Spyder. Look forward to meeting you.

PAul
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
All Right,

I don't think I registered with you yet. I ride a silver RT 2011.
Retired army, +deep sea diver. Flowery branch ga.
riding 2wheelers for 56 years. Too many operations to hold up 2wheelers anymore.
love the fact I don't have to hold this thing up. More enjoyable to ride.
looking forward to meeting more Spyder riders.
paul

Hawk
11-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think I registered with you yet. I ride a silver RT 2011.
Retired army, +deep sea diver. Flowery branch ga.
riding 2wheelers for 56 years. Too many operations to hold up 2wheelers anymore.
love the fact I don't have to hold this thing up. More enjoyable to ride.
looking forward to meeting more Spyder riders.
paul

Too bad, I am under the weather, I would suggest a meet at Moonie's Texas BBQ today!!! Welcome!!

Yol Bolsun
11-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Too bad, I am under the weather, I would suggest a meet at Moonie's Texas BBQ today!!! Welcome!!

Silly Boyo, Paul was with us at the throwed-rolls-place...and had pancakes and sausage with us today and went to the Galleria. Ya gotta stop playin' hookie and ride your scooter....:roflblack::roflblack:

On-the-other-hand, Moonie's Texas Barbecue (http://www.mooniestexasbarbecue.com/) is a very strong possibility any time y'all set it up.

MarkLawson
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Silly Boyo, Paul was with us at the throwed-rolls-place...and had pancakes and sausage with us today and went to the Galleria. Ya gotta stop playin' hookie and ride your scooter....:roflblack::roflblack:

On-the-other-hand, Moonie's Texas Barbecue (http://www.mooniestexasbarbecue.com/) is a very strong possibility any time y'all set it up.

I'm in!

By the way, real 'Texas' BBQ is beef based. Brisket alone does not make it 'Texas', but I'm up for any good BBQ!

Hawk
11-04-2012, 12:24 AM

I remember him, just saying it would be a good place to meet up if I wasn't sick, heck, i'm up right now, cuz I'm coughing up my left lung (the right one came up yesterday). Took some more meds, off to bed now. Night night!!!

sewnonnie
11-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I remember him, just saying it would be a good place to meet up if I wasn't sick, heck, i'm up right now, cuz I'm coughing up my left lung (the right one came up yesterday). Took some more meds, off to bed now. Night night!!!

Hope you feel better. We can wait for you for the Texas BarBQ...there better be brisket because BarBQ is BEEF.

Yol Bolsun
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Didn't respond earlier cuz my chest was hurting for you. Take care of yourself and get thee well.

Macvid
11-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Located in Vidalia, ga
Last weekend we did 730 miles in 48 hours. The north Ga roads were fun.
Tocca, black top mt, Helen. Vogel, Rome Kennesaw . It was a blast. My machine is awesome. It can dance!

MarkLawson
11-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Located in Vidalia, ga
Last weekend we did 730 miles in 48 hours. The north Ga roads were fun.
Tocca, black top mt, Helen. Vogel, Rome Kennesaw . It was a blast. My machine is awesome. It can dance!

Welcome Macvid!

Tell us more about your Spyder. Also, we may be getting a group together coming your way for the Vidalia Festival in April. There's a post about it somewhere in the Georgia forum, but the name of the post is not clear. Just read through the more recent posts and you'll find it.

Macvid
11-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome Macvid!

Tell us more about your Spyder. Also, we may be getting a group together coming your way for the Vidalia Festival in April. There's a post about it somewhere in the Georgia forum, but the name of the post is not clear. Just read through the more recent posts and you'll find it.
2012 rt limited
5,200 miles since purchase on 8/21/12

Yol Bolsun
11-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Welcome Macvid!

Cuz it IS A WEIRD NAME for a thread, Oh no, here goes Keith , Just Thinkin' again (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45781-Oh-no-here-goes-Keith-Just-Thinkin-again)

And I been thinkin' some more... This would be a fun event to attend but based on all that is already going on, I suspect NOT a good place to plan for a 'Group Event.' Again, just thinkin'.

sewnonnie
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Cuz it IS A WEIRD NAME for a thread, Oh no, here goes Keith , Just Thinkin' again (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45781-Oh-no-here-goes-Keith-Just-Thinkin-again)

And I been thinkin' some more... This would be a fun event to attend but based on all that is already going on, I suspect NOT a good place to plan for a 'Group Event.' Again, just thinkin'.

I think if we check out reservations early enough, it is still doable. What campgrounds/state parks are in the area?

Macvid
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I think if we check out reservations early enough, it is still doable. What campgrounds/state parks are in the area?

If this is about Vidalia.
state parks with in 35 miles at McRae and Reidsville.