PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

whiteyron
08-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Possible move to Salem OR area, which is the best, IYHO, dealer within a reasonable ride.:bowdown::bowdown::popcorn::popcorn:

WEB-WVR
08-10-2015, 12:05 PM
I grew up in Salem and now live 15 miles South of there in Albany.

The closest Dealership is in Sublimity....15 miles to the East. It is a huge dealership but they have only had Spyders for a year. I purchased mine there and believe I got a great deal on it. I do not know the quality or skill level of the mechanics yet....I am going to go check them out before I let them do anything.

There is also a established Dealer in Eugene....45 miles South. Some in Portland.

Everyone around here raves about Shawn a great Mechanic at Pro Caliber in Vancouver Washington. That is 60 miles North.....but if I had a major mechanical issue....he would be the one to go to.

I hope that helps a little. A lot of nice places to ride around here. Look me up here on the site if you make the move. :thumbup::spyder2:

whiteyron
08-10-2015, 12:16 PM
I grew up in Salem and now live 15 miles South of there in Albany.

The closest Dealership is in Sublimity....15 miles to the East. It is a huge dealership but they have only had Spyders for a year. I purchased mine there and believe I got a great deal on it. I do not know the quality or skill level of the mechanics yet....I am going to go check them out before I let them do anything.

There is also a established Dealer in Eugene....45 miles South. Some in Portland.

Everyone around here raves about Shawn a great Mechanic at Pro Caliber in Vancouver Washington. That is 60 miles North.....but if I had a major mechanical issue....he would be the one to go to.

I hope that helps a little. A lot of nice places to ride around here. Look me up here on the site if you make the move. :thumbup::spyder2:

Kind of strange, if I move it may be to Albany as my wife works for Costco and has put in for a transfer to Albany.

Pampurrs
08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Possible move to Salem OR area, which is the best, IYHO, dealer within a reasonable ride.:bowdown::bowdown::popcorn::popcorn:

I lived in Portland for a few years. Beautiful place but the rain drove me nuts. Love that NO SALES tax!

Enjoy!

Pam

WEB-WVR
08-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Kind of strange, if I move it may be to Albany as my wife works for Costco and has put in for a transfer to Albany.

If it becomes a possibility and you need any advice......you can email me at K9TRNRZ@aol.com

We live in Millersburg a suburb of Albany it is 5 minutes to Costco. If you are looking at buying....a great community here with many new and nice homes, lots for custom homes. The City is only 1500 people and very low City property tax. Within 15 minutes of Costco you could be in 3 major different tax zones which could cost you thousands more each year than compared to the others.

Like I said....if you need some help or advice..... I will be of assistance. :thumbup:

I accepted your friend request too.

JerryB
08-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Hi whiteyron,

Re: Possible move to Salem OR area,

Oregon does not allow you to pump your own gas; unless you have a motorcycle or specialty/show type of car.

Just for your info; and anyone else passing thru the state.

Jerry Baumchen

sealfloorboards
08-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I lived in Portland for a few years. Beautiful place but the rain drove me nuts. Love that NO SALES tax!

Enjoy!

Pam

Guess you have missed the summers here. o useable rain in the last 3 or 4 mo. Much o the State is in a severe drought. Normal summer temps. are mid 80's. Fantastic place for many types of rides.

Pampurrs
08-10-2015, 06:54 PM
I was there from May 2007 through April 2009. It rained A LOT when I was there. I finally moved to Arizona so I could get some sunshine. Don't get me wrong, I love Oregon. I'm still a Ducks fan...OOOOOOOOOOOO

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

WEB-WVR
08-11-2015, 11:51 AM
We dont seem to get the kind of rain we did say 40 years ago. It has been quite dry here the last 4 years...especially this year.

ALBANY,OR; 1 hr. from the Ocean, 1hr. from high lakes and mountains, 1.5 hrs to desert areas a lot of local places to ride. Climate pretty mild....the further N. you go...Portland N.; then you get more rain. 55,000 population, all the big stores you need. You are also just off Interstate 5 so easy to get on the Fwy., and off to your destination. :thumbup:

Lew L
08-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi whiteyron,

Re: Possible move to Salem OR area,

Oregon does not allow you to pump your own gas; unless you have a motorcycle or specialty/show type of car.

Just for your info; and anyone else passing thru the state.

Jerry Baumchen

I have often wondered why Or. does this??? And do any other states?

Kaos

Pampurrs
08-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I have often wondered why Or. does this??? And do any other states?

Kaos

Oregon, New Jersey, and Hawaii are the only states that don't allow you to pump your own gas. It was hard to get used to when I lived in Oregon. Changing it has come up for a vote a few times, and keeps getting defeated. Not sure why people are so adamant about it. It's not like the attendant checks your oil or cleans your windshield or anything.

Pam