PDA

View Full Version : Windshields

TX_Cruiser
01-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I want to replace the stock windshishield and wanted to know what was companies make windshields for the Spyder. I know there is:

BRP
Cal Sci
Cee Bailies
Industries 7 Adjustable - C.H.A.D.
Rifle

Are there others? If so, how about providing a link if you can.

Do you have an aftermarket shield? Likes? Dislikes? How Much $?, Link Available? Able to purchase on line?

Currently I'm leaning toward the Cal Sci Large.

Thanks for any input.

bjt
01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I have F1 Windshield's EVO III slide screen. My wife has their EVO III standard (non slider). We both really like the F1 windshields.

http://www.f1windshields.com/index.html

There is also a Mel's Monster Garage windshield. Do a google search on Spyder windshields and you'll find many manufacturers.

If you search windshields in this forum, you'll see quite a few pictures and reviews (both positive and negative) on about every windshield you've mentioned.

ps. disregard any comments by tatt2r. :D :joke:

mrb
01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
We just brought in a dozen windscreens (CHAD) to Australia- feedback so far from Alan in the Whitsunday Islands.

Hi Martin, well, opened the box and there it was the biggest spyder windscreen I have ever seen, a Mantaray, but wait where is the tail. One must be optimistic, so I fitted it, didn't like the look much, but back to optimism. I took it for test ride, several adjustments. I ended up about 25% tilt and about 2" lift and boy did it work great. A day and a half has passed and already I am getting used to the look. I think when riders go past first impressions and test they will be very very impressed. I believe I have bought the best screen on the market to date. I have had the BRP sports, the BRP tourer screen and the Calsci screen which was quite good, and now the Mantaray C.H.A.D, which is the best, thanks Martin, Alan from Whitsunday.

BRPjunkie
01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Since it's the middle of January (almost) and I can't ride anyway, I'm willing to wait a couple of months and see how the new BRP ultra tour tests out. Pictures look like it will provide good coverage, but I need to actually see it on a Spyder to decide and then see what test ride shows.

effgjamis
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Finally, I settled on the Rifle Custom... it is about 19.5 inches above the ignition and I am very happy. I am 6'2" at 260 and have to sit pretty straight..
The CalSic is a very good one, but just was not high enough for me.
The EVO III non slider would most like be good for someone who like a bit of wind at my height or 5"9" or less.. IMHOP.

I still have them both along with the installed Rifle.

NancysToy
01-09-2009, 08:35 PM
The only other one I can think of is the largest BRP super touring windshield that is supposed to be introduced in April or so. Considering that Marcel also has several versions of the F1, there are a lot to choose from, and no clear consensus on the best. Partly depends on the person, any Spyder modifications, and how you ride.
-Scotty

sleepman
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Brp sport touring windshield is as high as I'll be going.

Arachnid
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
The F1 Windshield's Evo III Slider.
I am pretty happy with it. Pictured in my avatar.

Mike