PDA

View Full Version : Muth Signal mirrors installed

Lew L
08-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Installed the signal mirrors yesterday on theRT. I recently did this mirror install on my wifes car so i knew what was comming. It's not easy by any means and frustrating at times. Hardest part is taking the mirror apart, a real pain so on the second one I fished the wires through the mirror ( extra dremel cut hole reqd.). electrical was easy as all hookup is in the mirror. Not so on a car!!!

Finished product looks and works great, like OEM type. No more leaving signal on too long and great visibility.
I've got this mirror removal thing down pat but it still feels like I'm breaking my toys???

Kaos

Chupaca
08-08-2015, 10:53 AM
have heard some folks had a tough time including the odd broken mirror...:2thumbs: now some photos would be nice....:thumbup:

cuznjohn
08-08-2015, 11:40 AM
both my old mirrors broke thaking them out, but with the luck i have i didn't care about 7 more years of bad luck

Lew L
08-08-2015, 03:09 PM
have heard some folks had a tough time including the odd broken mirror...:2thumbs: now some photos would be nice....:thumbup:

No broken mirrors here, Gene.

BRP does ues cheap, low grade plastic on it's mirrors though. When I did my wifes Chevy mirrors I had no trouble with the plastic softening-----same low temp setting and just enough heat to soften the mirror adhesive and the Spyder plastic softens/Chevy didn't?? Had to reshape and flatten the mirror suport on the Spyder.

Pix would just look a stock mirror (but now with signal lights) Plenty bright at night and quite noitcable day times. I like'm.

Kaos

Bob Denman
08-08-2015, 05:31 PM
both my old mirrors broke thaking them out, but with the luck i have i didn't care about 7 more years of bad luck
Seven years of bad luck would be an improvement; right? :D :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-08-2015, 09:21 PM
RS mirrors are not that easy so went with the dash outrigger led's to let me know which signal is on...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113242&stc=1 works well but not as fancy...:thumbup: