PDA

View Full Version : Tip for cleaning/detailing

rmag
08-07-2015, 08:00 PM
So, I've had my '14 RT limited with the matte platinum paint for about a month. Been having so much fun getting to know Nanny. I'm looking for tips for keeping her looking good. I'd rather spend my time riding instead of cleaning. I'm looking for something I can spare and wipe. Has anyone tried anything like Simple Green. Also what about Back to Black, have used on my Ram pickup and seems like a good product for the vinyl.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Shiznit98204
08-07-2015, 08:15 PM
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Meticulous_Matte_Detailer_16_oz_p/spi_995_16.htm

Use it on a victory motorcycle with matte (suede as they call it) paint. Works great!

Sccar
08-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Many threads/discussion on cleaning. Here is a recent one below
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84036-Cleaning-tips-help-for-this-Newbie&highlight=Cleaning

dlby
08-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Simple green way 2 strong
Please do not apply to your nice machine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

xBobbyx
08-09-2015, 05:17 AM
http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/lamonster-black-dymond-detailer-non-aerosol/

Old Man Grizz
08-09-2015, 07:38 AM
I used Simple Green on my Kawasaki Voyager for years. I now use it on our 14 Pearl White RTS.
I've never had a problem.
Just wondering why You say it's too strong?
Not being argumentitive, just wondering😳
Thanks for Your Time.
(I use Peroxide on the Clear Stuff)

missouriboy
08-09-2015, 07:43 AM
I used Simple Green on my Kawasaki Voyager for years. I now use it on our 14 Pearl White RTS.
I've never had a problem.
Just wondering why You say it's too strong?
Not being argumentitive, just wondering��
Thanks for Your Time.
(I use Peroxide on the Clear Stuff)Methinks it's the difference between the finish-types, not the cleaner. "Matte Platinum" vs "Pearl White" :popcorn:

Old Man Grizz
08-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Yup, I can see that😜
thanks!!
Old Man Grizz

sscheuer47
08-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The wife is using the cleaner from Chemicalguys on her bike and loves the result.

Pirate looks at --
08-09-2015, 12:19 PM
http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/lamonster-black-dymond-detailer-non-aerosol/

Yep this stuff is for real! Great on helmets too.

dlby
08-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Well I had a janitorial business for several year's

At least back inthose days simple green was fairly caustic to most metals, did not rinse well and was smelly

Pretty stringent also

Perhaps formula has changed or I am thinking of diff product
Carry on & enjoy!

I use ICE clear liquid wax for finishing
Just a few drops of any good car wash in 5 gallon bucket for washing
No hose unless reallybad

Microfiber cloth to dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Old Man Grizz
08-13-2015, 06:56 AM
I have been using Simple Green for YEARS. I never found it harmful in any way to any surface. I also think it smells good too.....
If I'm wrong,( and Lord knows I have been!)
I guess I've yet to see it hurt anything....
Thanks for your Reply!
Stay Safe,
Old Man Grizz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coastrider
08-13-2015, 09:52 AM
I had a discussion with my dealer about the matte finish, and he said that BRP cautions against using waxes with any abrasive, as they can turn the matte finish shiny. I'd stick with washing it with car wash soap and water, and using any good detail spray for touch ups.

ARtraveler
08-13-2015, 01:12 PM
A generic method that I find does the job nicely.

A spray bottle. Add one dryer sheet. Add water. Spray and wipe with a microfiber cloth. It dissolves the bugs, and leaves a nice finish. We have the magnesium silver (2011) and does not seem to mess with the finish. Also have yellow (2014)--no issues there either.

DrewNJ
08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
I had a discussion with my dealer about the matte finish, and he said that BRP cautions against using waxes with any abrasive, as they can turn the matte finish shiny. I'd stick with washing it with car wash soap and water, and using any good detail spray for touch ups.
Meguiers quick detailer in the purple spray bottle. I use it on everything including the matte finish on my harley and spyder bits. Works great and won't damage the finish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
08-13-2015, 05:45 PM
:agree: Meguiars Quick Detailer is some pretty good Sh... :shocked: Stuff! :D