PDA

View Full Version : adjusting front head lights

Spyder12
08-07-2015, 04:33 PM
hi

looked at owners manual and no help. would like to find out how to adjust front head lights. seams mine are to high.

do not want to take to dealer if its a simple job.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thx

spyder12

Roadster Renovations
08-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Not sure what bike you have, but my 14 RT has 2 detachable sides just behind the front wheels. I take them off and there is a cable assy with an adjustment screw. Use a wall that allows you to see where the lights hit. To have them adjusted correctly you should have the rear suspension adjusted to the way you ride and if you ride 2 up you need to check the position with both of you sitting on the bike. It's a pretty straight forward adjustment.

Deer Slayer
08-07-2015, 09:01 PM
I adjusted my head lamps on a country road. Just right.

Firefly
08-07-2015, 09:26 PM
There's a procedure on adjusting them in either the service manual or the operators manual. Did it on a few RS's, but if you have an RT with the rear adjustable air bag then it's a waste of time to adjust your lights at all. Between low pressure and high pressure on the air bag you can adjust them a good 12 inches @ a 30 foot distance from a garage door. Somewhere I did a video of this that I can post. I have the AirLift adjuster system so I can put the pressure wherever I want and it's amazing how much the lights change based on the air pressure in the rear.

Chupaca
08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
if I remember correctly you should makeca mark at 27" on the wall set your roadster 35' away put weight on the seat equivalent to your ryders and adjust accordingly. Don't know about the RT adjusters.....:thumbup:

PMK
08-08-2015, 05:11 AM
On the RT, at least the 2014, you set the headlight vertical with the rear air suspension deflated. This will aim the lights as high as possible. Then use the specs from the owners manual to set the vertical based on a distance away from a wall.

It is very easy to do.

When I installed the BRP HIDs in our 2014 RTs, I used the vertical height specs in the manual with the rear suspension deflated and so far have no issues of being flashed high beams form others and the lights illuminate the roadway very good.

PK

Mazo EMS2
08-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Pull the side panel off each side at home, find the adjustment cable for each side and grab the right allen wrench. Drive out to a dark road and adjust em where you want em. Then when you get home, park about 20 ft from a wall and just tweak them so they're both shining at the same vertical setting. Yeah, there's a factory formula in the manual too.

Flamewinger
12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I have an ST and the manual says to use #4 screw driver to a screw just under the right headlight (as you look at it) and for the life of me, I can't see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldguyinTX
12-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Would help to know what model Spyder you have. For a 2013 RT, the instructions for aligning the headlights are on pages 140 & 141 of the Owner's Manual. I would think that the procedure would be the same for all RT's. Rear suspension has to be at zero psi.