PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Extensions

Sara
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I added the neonmagic 4" risers to my handlebars, and they are a great improvement for me, compensating for my height and arm length; however, my hands are now in the middle of my mirror reflections, and it seems a bit dangerous. Has anyone added to the length of the mirrors or the rise of them? I'd like to get more vision to the rear. Any help will be greatly appreciated-----Sara

ataDude
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi, Sarah. I added the Kewl Metal extensions and love them.
Clicky: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50909&postcount=78

I added the neonmagic 4" risers to my handlebars, and they are a great improvement for me, compensating for my height and arm length; however, my hands are now in the middle of my mirror reflections, and it seems a bit dangerous. Has anyone added to the length of the mirrors or the rise of them? I'd like to get more vision to the rear. Any help will be greatly appreciated-----Sara

bone crusher
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi, Sarah. I added the Kewl Metal extensions and love them.
Clicky: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50909&postcount=78

Ditto...make sure you really tighten them up...you're gonna have to put some elbow grease into it...they tend to loosen easily unless you really crank them home!

Jeff in Dallas
01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Ditto...make sure you really tighten them up...you're gonna have to put some elbow grease into it...they tend to loosen easily unless you really crank them home!

Ain't that the truth! I just put them on mine and am still cranking them down.

I have to say I'm on the fence with them. I appreciate not have to move my head to see clearly (although I had gotten used to it and it was no big deal), but I'm not crazy about the way they look on the bike. Great workmanship on the piece, just doesn't integrate as seamlessly as I had hoped. I'm sure I'll get past it!

Sara
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
What if the mirrors were exchanged side for side----put the left on the right, and the right on the left-----this would lower the morrors and maybe give a better view and better look on the Spyder????

BRPjunkie
01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Ain't that the truth! I just put them on mine and am still cranking them down.

I have to say I'm on the fence with them. I appreciate not have to move my head to see clearly (although I had gotten used to it and it was no big deal), but I'm not crazy about the way they look on the bike. Great workmanship on the piece, just doesn't integrate as seamlessly as I had hoped. I'm sure I'll get past it!

Did you use the star washers fix that was posted on the site? I don't have the mirror extensions, but apparently inserting the star washers fixes the problem.

wingnut
01-09-2009, 02:05 PM
has anyone tried drilling small dimples on the new lower
extenion plate to lock the mirrors in place?:dontknow:

bjt
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
What if the mirrors were exchanged side for side----put the left on the right, and the right on the left-----this would lower the mirrors and maybe give a better view and better look on the Spyder????

Interesting idea. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-020.gif That may work for some people.