PDA

View Full Version : DIY Passenger drink bottle

robtdonna
08-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Been looking for one but not finding anything I'm in love with. Going on an extended rYde tomorrow and it's supposed to be hot so rigged this up. Not very elegant but it actually turned out ok and will suffice until I find something better.

Used a zip tie around the bottom of a can coozie, this allows you to slide a drink bottle in and out I tried it in the middle but was too tight and the bottle wouldn't slide.

I threaded another zip tie through the tie on the coozie and around the passenger hand rail. Then I made a small loop with a utility zip tie (has a small hole for mounting) and used a small self tapping screw to attach it under the seat . Finally used another zip tie through the one on the can coozie and through the loop on the tie under the seat. Close the seat and it's quite secure as seat captures the zip tie.

Oh yeah, popped another can coozie on top of drink bottle so it's all insulated.

Pics attached.

pitzerwm
08-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Cheap and clever

Shiznit98204
08-07-2015, 08:25 PM
I found that the 16.9 oz water bottles seem to fit perfect in that spot. No need to tie them down when you lay them down.

robtdonna
08-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Really hmmmmmm, will have to check that out, too !

I found that the 16.9 oz water bottles seem to fit perfect in that spot. No need to tie them down when you lay them down.