PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Ramps

Gunner3773
08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
I've had my RT about a month now and needed to change the oil for the 3k oil change. I had a couple of lightweight ramps from EZcarlift's low profile oil changing kit that I thought I would try out. The ramps raise the Spyder about 3 3/4" which was about right for me to change oil and doing some cleaning. I contacted the company and was sent a third ramp to get all three wheels up in the air. In addition to changing oil, I also thought this little extra room might help when I install my SmoothSpyder.

A couple of things I like about these small ramps is that you can remove the ramp from the base once the Spyder is up and that the ramps store out of the way and hang from their own bracket when not in use. When I told the owner of EZcarlift why I wanted a third ramp, he seemed intrigued about developing something that would lift the Spyder.

Gunner

Bobster
08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Curiousity question. Reason for backing up the ramps versus driving forward?

Bobster

Pampurrs
08-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Curiousity question. Reason for backing up the ramps versus driving forward?

Bobster

I asked the same question awhile back, on a different thread. The answer made sense, but now I can't remember what it was :banghead:

Pam

vided
08-06-2015, 04:27 PM
No clearance for ramp in front of rear wheel

Pampurrs
08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
No clearance for ramp in front of rear wheel

:clap::2thumbs::bowdown:

Bobster
08-06-2015, 06:31 PM
That certainly makes sense, but those ramps are only 3 and 3/4" high. So there is less than that for ground clearance?

Bobster