PDA

View Full Version : 60 days, 5,580 miles, Many Smiles

Pampurrs
08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
I just realized that today marks sixty days since I picked up the new 2015 Spyder RT-S. My, how time has flown! It occurs to me that I should be at 6,000 miles by now, but then the summer has been exceptionally hot, and the monsoon rains have curtailed my riding. Primo riding season resumes in October, so I should be back to normal.

I must say that she has performed beyond my expectations. She handles great around my beloved Arizona twisties, and can cruise on the highway with the best of them. In terms of handling, the BajaRon Sway Bar turns out to be the best investment I made thus far. In terms of comfort, the Utopia back rest wins that category hands down.

Tires still look like new, despite many people stating that the OEM tires will only last 6,000 miles. I keep them maintained, airing them up before every ride, plus the Ride-On keeps them well balanced. I'll be keeping a close eye on them.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with my decision to go to the Spyder instead of a traditional trike. Many of my old riding friends question me about that, and I simply explain that with the two wheels in the front, it handles much better in turns. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand the dynamics involved. But there are still some hardcore Harley riders who say if the day comes to switch to three wheels, they would only ride a Harley trike. I just smile.:trike:

Anyway, for anyone who is on the fence about the Spyder like I was. I say, "Go For It!" :dg1:

Pam

ARtraveler
08-06-2015, 01:47 PM
:congrats: that is a lot of miles. Glad the :spyder2: is living up to your expectations.

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 02:00 PM
:D I'm glad to hear that this was the right choice for you! :thumbup: :firstplace:

Larry rt
08-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Don't let the weather stop you! Do what my brother and I did last year. Checked the radar in the morning for foul weather, looked at the temperature we wanted to ride in.After 24,000 plus miles we made it home and saw 41 great states. Enjoy the ride while you can , life is short!:2thumbs:

4 MARIE
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Larry rt;1018218]Don't let the weather stop you!

Uh ARIZONA. not MICHIGAN, if Pam isn't in Flagstaff, she probably get's to "hit it" all year long.

Strike while the iron is hot. Stay safe.

Chupaca
08-06-2015, 11:04 PM
thats a bunch of miles in a month...:yikes: there should be some kinda butt trophy for that, but there isn't..:banghead::banghead: glad it is more than you thought it would be but then thats the way they are...:2thumbs:

Bfromla
08-07-2015, 03:59 AM
:congrats:Sounds like you ride as much as me:firstplace:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113120&stc=1. Fyi I managed to get 15k on rear tire, was getting bald but timing was good, fronts were @ 16k (had a flat) & 19k. I just by chance hit 10k on day 200 & 20k on the 1year mark. Buds try calling me road warrior I say na I just need a lot of therapy. :yes:nojoke