PDA

View Full Version : Rear Foot Rests

Desert Spyder
08-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Has anyone come up with an easier way to adjust the rear foot pedals instead of laying on your side with wrenches and raising or lowering the rests. Normally the same person rides in back and its adjusted for them exclusively. But what if Fred and Cherrie Rau switch places. That might be hilarious to watch. And painful too.

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 10:55 AM
I never thought of this as a problem? Could you rig up a "thumbscrew" on the bolt that holds it in place; or would that be in the way? :dontknow:

JayBros
08-06-2015, 11:18 AM
What am I missing, are we talking RT? If so, I just bend down with a 13mm socket and ratchet and do the job.

Vt. Rider
08-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I think that Fred uses a piece of 2x4 (or at least he used to) to raise the foot rests.
If that's something you would do, then perhaps you could ty-wrap the 2x4's and remove them when necessary.

Desert Spyder
08-06-2015, 11:25 AM
What am I missing, are we talking RT? If so, I just bend down with a 13mm socket and ratchet and do the job.
Yes the RT. But if you're on the road you can't everything with you.

Desert Spyder
08-06-2015, 11:28 AM
I never thought of this as a problem? Could you rig up a "thumbscrew" on the bolt that holds it in place; or would that be in the way? :dontknow:

I don't know Bob. I just noticed it yesterday after I brought the bike home from the shop. One pedal was higher than the other. Apparently the mechanic lowered it down all the way and forgot to put it back in place. I know there are grooves where you set the block in but I was hoping BRP might notice this thread to come up with an easier way to QUICKLY adjust them like a channel lock.

wiredgeorge
08-06-2015, 11:44 AM

The act of "bend down" starts to mean something different at some point in your life. I now have to take a nap after tying my shoes!

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 11:59 AM
:agree: Once my head gets that close to the ground; there's a nap breaking out! :D

Desert Spyder
08-06-2015, 12:34 PM
I have ants of all kinds in the carport so I'm not anxious to be laying down there.