PDA

View Full Version : My First Commute Ride and using the Sena 10C (Washington, DC)

bobgeorge
08-06-2015, 08:16 AM
My first daily commute on my 2015 Can-am RT Limited. I need to work on leveling the Sena 10C.

Morning Commute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElbELB3B3n0

Afternoon Commute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMn4_pKpg-0

In addition, here is a little evening ride I did to test out leveling the Sena 10C and using the GPS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hpv_p-yww

HIspyder
08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for posting, one question though.

Why is it that your helmet keeps going in and out of frame? Is it due to some sort or image stabilization. It's a strange effect.

wiredgeorge
08-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Lived in DC area (College Park/Riverdale) from 1982 to 1995. The thought of driving in traffic still gives me the chills. OK... dumb question time: You were taling abou8t Sena 10... does it have a camera? I wasn't aware. I am a post-tech type person but am thinking about a bluetooth comms set up.

cuznjohn
08-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Lived in DC area (College Park/Riverdale) from 1982 to 1995. The thought of driving in traffic still gives me the chills. OK... dumb question time: You were taling abou8t Sena 10... does it have a camera? I wasn't aware. I am a post-tech type person but am thinking about a bluetooth comms set up.

it is the sena 10C that has the camera built in, now my question to the poster, do you find that the camera shuts off, and can you hear the 10c talking to you when it does. when i put it on my helmet i had cut some of the inside plastic away because of some other speakers i had in the helmet. i couldn't hear the commands, now i moved the speakers from the unit closer to my ears by building them out, but with the heat i have not tried them out yet

Darren111
08-06-2015, 02:54 PM
are car registration images clear from the 10c?

hdlongrod
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Man that takes me back to when I commuted from Woodbridge/Dale City VA to work in DC. Used to take a couple of hours some days... :yikes:

bobgeorge
08-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks for posting, one question though.

Why is it that your helmet keeps going in and out of frame? Is it due to some sort or image stabilization. It's a strange effect.

I'm not really sure why my head goes in and out. Maybe it is the way I turn my neck or head.

bobgeorge
08-06-2015, 05:50 PM
it is the sena 10C that has the camera built in, now my question to the poster, do you find that the camera shuts off, and can you hear the 10c talking to you when it does. when i put it on my helmet i had cut some of the inside plastic away because of some other speakers i had in the helmet. i couldn't hear the commands, now i moved the speakers from the unit closer to my ears by building them out, but with the heat i have not tried them out yet

I have a Shoei GT Air helmet and I can hear the commands very good. No problems so far with the camera shutting off? Did you have that problem?

bobgeorge
08-06-2015, 05:54 PM
are car registration images clear from the 10c?

I can see license plates...not sure about registration images.

bobgeorge
08-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Man that takes me back to when I commuted from Woodbridge/Dale City VA to work in DC. Used to take a couple of hours some days... :yikes:

Still does in the regular lanes. I always use the HOV...either bus, slug and now Spyder.

cuznjohn
08-06-2015, 06:05 PM
I have a Shoei GT Air helmet and I can hear the commands very good. No problems so far with the camera shutting off? Did you have that problem?

yea for some reason it sometimes shuts off, the book says if the camera overheats it will shut down

HIspyder
08-06-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm not really sure why my head goes in and out. Maybe it is the way I turn my neck or head.

Isn't the 10C clamped to your helmet, whereby making it rigidly mounted? Or do you have it mounted some other way?

bobgeorge
08-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Isn't the 10C clamped to your helmet, whereby making it rigidly mounted? Or do you have it mounted some other way?
It is mounted to my helmet.