PDA

View Full Version : So Confused-LED light strips

Brettssunshine
08-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I want to add some lights to my Spyder and have been reading threads on this forum....as many as I could find....but I still don't know what the heck I'm supposed to order or how they hook up. I see sets with toggles and key fobs, etc. but I want mine to come on when I turn on the key and stay on until I turn the key to off.

I know I want the strips and I want to place them on the front arms as well as underneath for ground effects and I want a DIY job. I've looked on Amazon and EBay, as some suggested they did but my head is spinning. :banghead:

I decided on the new muffler that I'll be ordering...that was easy after reading threads here for those...but this light thing is driving me nuts :yikes:. I believe that this has lead me to increase my alcohol intake at the end of the day :cheers:. (JK)

Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. I even looked through the videos here.

JKMSPYDER
08-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Go to the home page on this forum and look for TRICLED and CUSTOM DYNAMICS sponsors. They both offer DIY LED lights with full instructions and photos.

Lin
08-05-2015, 03:26 PM
As far as lights on the A-arms, I went with Tricled. It's a good product, good instructions and a connector that makes it very easy to tap into an existing light circuit.

About your desire for lights under the Spyder, make sure they are legal where you are. I think some states may frown on them on all the time. If you put a switch in line for them, you could turn them off while driving and on in a parking lot.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

Lin

Brettssunshine
08-05-2015, 03:48 PM
As far as lights on the A-arms, I went with Tricled. It's a good product, good instructions and a connector that makes it very easy to tap into an existing light circuit.

About your desire for lights under the Spyder, make sure they are legal where you are. I think some states may frown on them on all the time. If you put a switch in line for them, you could turn them off while driving and on in a parking lot.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

Lin

In PA any type of auxiliary light that can be added to a motorcycle to make it more visible is legal. I read the law and then called to be sure I was interpreting it correctly. So happy about that! :yes:

Sarge707
08-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Have lots of light on my GS and I recommend the Custom Dynamics Center light and Fender strips .
I tapped into wires under the back bottom cover to add running lights and Brake Lights (Not On) down below.

coz
08-05-2015, 07:17 PM
In PA any type of auxiliary light that can be added to a motorcycle to make it more visible is legal. I read the law and then called to be sure I was interpreting it correctly. So happy about that! :yes: I would buy an auxiliary fuse block and mount it under the front fuse cover. Wire it straight to the battery. Power all of your add on stuff off of it. This keeps it all out of the bike's electrical system, which is a good thing. There have been countless threads of folks screwing up the install, or getting faulty lights which cause other electrical problems on the bike. Sometimes these problems don't show up for a while, then you have to figure out which connection is causing the problem. If they're all running off of the fuseblock they can't cause other problems. I use the fz1 fuseblock. Not cheap, but very good.

RockyMountainRider50
08-05-2015, 09:34 PM
In PA any type of auxiliary light that can be added to a motorcycle to make it more visible is legal. I read the law and then called to be sure I was interpreting it correctly. So happy about that! :yes:
Hi!
Wanted and have done the same thing and I didnt think it was that difficult. Here's a video from youtube that might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw9xnE_Kptw and if your considering and extra or additional fuze blocker then check for my youtube video RockyMountainRyder fuze blocker. good luck!

RockyMountainRider50
08-05-2015, 09:48 PM
I want to add some lights to my Spyder and have been reading threads on this forum....as many as I could find....but I still don't know what the heck I'm supposed to order or how they hook up. I see sets with toggles and key fobs, etc. but I want mine to come on when I turn on the key and stay on until I turn the key to off.

I know I want the strips and I want to place them on the front arms as well as underneath for ground effects and I want a DIY job. I've looked on Amazon and EBay, as some suggested they did but my head is spinning. :banghead:

I decided on the new muffler that I'll be ordering...that was easy after reading threads here for those...but this light thing is driving me nuts :yikes:. I believe that this has lead me to increase my alcohol intake at the end of the day :cheers:. (JK)

Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. I even looked through the videos here.
Here is the fuze block video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YlJPrYv-g
and here is the LED light on my head lights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_4ovXm0NM4
Also added my LED to my skid plate then added an additional switch to turn on and off.

Wildrice
11-22-2015, 03:32 PM

I think you should marry a French Canadian as none of these instructions are English speaking compatable. They post a picture & then describe the easiest part of the installation. What do you mean increased alcohol consumption at the end of the day? My time zone clock is advanced by 5 hours---doesn't help-but the failures don't bother me as much.
Darrell

Cindy-TricLED
02-19-2016, 08:52 AM
:DHi Brettsunshine! This is Cindy with TricLED.
I would love to be able to help with your questions and lighting your spyder.
I believe we would have all the LED you need for your spyder, in terms of safety/visibility and "bling" factor.

Please visit our site at www.tricled.com (http://www.tricled.com), and we are also supporting vendor in SL with our link.
If you have any questions, you can also email me directly at sales@tricled.com or call at 954-908-7850 ext 2.
Thanks..

jtpollock
02-19-2016, 09:11 AM
:DHi Brettsunshine! This is Cindy with TricLED.
I would love to be able to help with your questions and lighting your spyder.
I believe we would have all the LED you need for your spyder, in terms of safety/visibility and "bling" factor.

Please visit our site at www.tricled.com (http://www.tricled.com), and we are also supporting vendor in SL with our link.
If you have any questions, you can also email me directly at sales@tricled.com or call at 954-908-7850 ext 2.
Thanks..

TRICLED is the only folks I would deal with there the best for what you need :thumbup::yes::firstplace: jtpollock

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Spyderpops has all your lighting needs on his home page with photos and instructions and he is a great vendor and sponsor of Spyderlovers, check it out www.spyderpops.com

Cruzr Joe