PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place called Hell?

Rogue Hawk
08-05-2015, 01:41 PM
There are many religions that claim there is, and if you don't attend there church and give them money you are going straight there after you die. Well, I don't trust religions. They are made up of humans who can have agendas other than salvation. So here is my take...

From what I have observed, Hell can be any place. It depends on each individuals circumstances and perceptions. I would say most people and animals live in intolerable conditions on this planet. We who live good lives are the exception. So billions of people suffer every day, all day and all night long. Is that not the definition of Hell?

I was watching a program where a camera followed a guy who fishes along the roaring rapids in South America to feed his family. One slip on the slippery rocks and he is dead. He is out there, rain or shine eking out a meager existence. He has been doing this much of his life, and he is my age. We where born at around the same time, but our two lives are completely opposite by a seemingly random act of birth. So why am I more fortunate than he is?

cuznjohn
08-05-2015, 01:51 PM
i found that religion is the one topic that should be taboo, too many beliefs

Magdave
08-05-2015, 02:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_zJrO_ptk

wyliec
08-05-2015, 02:08 PM
He may perceive himself to be more fortunate than you. Some people don't need a lot of money or items to feel good about themselves. Did he say he was less fortunate than others who live in the lap of luxury, whatever that may be? Or, are you just making an assumption that he'd be better off living like you?

Magdave
08-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Watch "Life Below Zero" subsistence living can be tough but rewarding. Having all we do can be depressing playing the consumer keep up with the Joneses game. The Inuit enjoy their lives and lament the destruction we have brought to them.

ARtraveler
08-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Post fast. I am guessing the life of this thread will be short.

Tick, tick, tick...:roflblack::roflblack:

wyliec
08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Post fast. I am guessing the life of this thread will be short.

Tick, tick, tick...:roflblack::roflblack:

Why do you say that? I don't think it's a religious thread; JMO.

ARtraveler
08-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Why do you say that? I don't think it's a religious thread; JMO.

Time will tell. It is not religious yet. I have a feeling it will be.

My contribution:

There is a Hell, Michigan and there is a Hell, Norway. Not sure if there are others, but guess the list can be expanded.

Bob Denman
08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Is there a Hell? :dontknow:
Of course there is; and my Missus has given me so much of over the years, that you can now call me
"Beelzebub"! :D

I now own the entire thing!

JerryB
08-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Hi Rogue Hawk,

Re: So why am I more fortunate than he is?

I have had the advantage of travelling in Europe ( including eastern Europe ), Asia, South America, a good chunk of North America & a lot of places in between.

We are very fortunate. It is nothing more than the luck of where we were born.

Most Americans have little knowledge ( and this really is 2015 ) of just how lots people on this old planet live.

Some of the worst that I have ever seen are the slums of Brazil; not nice.

Jerry Baumchen

mxz600
08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Time will tell. It is not religious yet. I have a feeling it will be.

My contribution:

There is a Hell, Michigan and there is a Hell, Norway. Not sure if there are others, but guess the list can be expanded.

You can breath a sigh of relief, I am not going to say a thing on this subject because it would definitely get out of control.

I have rode to hell and back.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113023&stc=1

kyspyder
08-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Why yes there are places called Hell!

Hell, California, U.S
Hell, Michigan, U.S.
Hell, Grand Cayman, the Cayman Islands
Hell, Norway, a village in Stjørdal
Hell Station, a railway station at Hell, Norway
Hell Creek, a place in Montana notable for Cretaceous dinosaur fossils

Magdave
08-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi Rogue Hawk,

Re: So why am I more fortunate than he is?

I have had the advantage of travelling in Europe ( including eastern Europe ), Asia, South America, a good chunk of North America & a lot of places in between.

We are very fortunate. It is nothing more than the luck of where we were born.

Most Americans have little knowledge ( and this really is 2015 ) of just how lots people on this old planet live.

Some of the worst that I have ever seen are the slums of Brazil; not nice.

Jerry Baumchen
Olongapo Philippines I was there during Marshall Law in the early 70's. Cops carried UZI's and shot pick pockets down on the main street. Kids dived in the sewage canal for pesos that were tossed to them. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than smart. We ARE very lucky and take a lot for granted and yet we still have politicians that want to run our lives by their morals . It is a slippery slope we rest on. :dontknow:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-05-2015, 04:22 PM
i live & pay taxes to nyc & nassau county, i work in mineola. come visit me in hell if you dare
p.s. hell freezes over every jan. & feb.

Pirate looks at --
08-05-2015, 04:27 PM
There are many religions that claim there is, and if you don't attend there church and give them money you are going straight there after you die. Well, I don't trust religions. They are made up of humans who can have agendas other than salvation. So here is my take...

From what I have observed, Hell can be any place. It depends on each individuals circumstances and perceptions. I would say most people and animals live in intolerable conditions on this planet. We who live good lives are the exception. So billions of people suffer every day, all day and all night long. Is that not the definition of Hell?

I was watching a program where a camera followed a guy who fishes along the roaring rapids in South America to feed his family. One slip on the slippery rocks and he is dead. He is out there, rain or shine eking out a meager existence. He has been doing this much of his life, and he is my age. We where born at around the same time, but our two lives are completely opposite by a seemingly random act of birth. So why am I more fortunate than he is?

He really may be fortunate than you, and may end up living longer as a result of a more active life style, healthier diet, and less stressful lifestyle!

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Being gifted of being able to look into the future I see this coming in couple of years!

Bob D passes suddenly while on a Spyder ryde. On his way up he is stopped by St Pete who tells him to turn around, that he is doomed to the lower nether regions. As he approaches the door he looks in and all he sees is ice and snow and a huge frozen lake. He turns to St Pete and says, "This isn't what I've always been told hell was going to be. Where's all the fire and brimstone?"

"Oh, I guess you haven't heard. BRP announced a new Spyder today that has side by side seating and a steering wheel!"

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I told my doctor a couple of years ago that every person in the food and medical industries who is knowledgeable about diet and nutrition shares a common characteristic with every teacher of every religion in the world. There isn't a single one of them who has a lock on the truth.

Rogue Hawk
08-05-2015, 05:41 PM
He may perceive himself to be more fortunate than you. Some people don't need a lot of money or items to feel good about themselves. Did he say he was less fortunate than others who live in the lap of luxury, whatever that may be? Or, are you just making an assumption that he'd be better off living like you?

That is why I added 'perceptions' to what can be considered a personal Hell. He may compare himself to the guy in the other village who has leprosy and considers himself blessed. It is true that material items do not mean happiness. For me, if I had his life, it would be Hell because I have professional ambitions in engineering and his life would severely limit that.

bmccaffrey
08-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Religion and politics, 2 very bad topics for discussion.

I believe in judgement.

That guy is probably better off then u or i.
The simpler your life the better.

GOD BLESS:pray:

Chupaca
08-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Not going there. Been to several of the places mentioned by kyspyder and they are quite nice...Hell is what you make it, and guilt is what feeds it...:lecturef_smilie:

garb55
08-05-2015, 08:28 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

loisk
08-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Here you go - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/hell.html
I like Mark Twain and Aldous Huxley's views... Enjoy.

SDM
08-05-2015, 08:33 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113041&stc=1

donec
08-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Typed hell into Google Maps and it came up with only one listing..........

Hell
Hell Rd
West Bay
Cayman Islands

So I guess that's it.:dontknow::yikes::yes::roflblack::pray: Depending on your point of view.

SpyderAnn01
08-05-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113042&stc=1I'm pretty sure that I took this picture on my first trip to Hell.

Peter Aawen
08-05-2015, 09:22 PM
I've been to Hell nojoke

it's the site of a fairly remote & difficult to get to former 'town' in our Snowy Mountains....

We took 3 days of fairly difficult & rough 4 wheeling to get there along an old & very overgrown goat-track (would've challenged a feral goat!!) after we left the blacktop - not far from the deserted site of 'Wantabuggery' & passed the old sites of 'Hellholehate' & 'Numbugga' along the way. Took us 6 hours to 'drive' the last mile down into the tiny clearing that used to be the town (& a fair bit of winch work!); and once we got there, I could understand why the original settlers gave it that name!! :yikes: Hardy fellas, the early settlers & prospectors out here! :thumbup:

DJFaninTN
08-05-2015, 11:01 PM
i lived in it!! it was with my ex wife :yikes:

and for the record I did go out once with a devil with a blue dress on :doorag:

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Being gifted of being able to look into the future I see this coming in couple of years!

Bob D passes suddenly while on a Spyder ryde. On his way up he is stopped by St Pete who tells him to turn around, that he is doomed to the lower nether regions. As he approaches the door he looks in and all he sees is ice and snow and a huge frozen lake. He turns to St Pete and says, "This isn't what I've always been told hell was going to be. Where's all the fire and brimstone?"

"Oh, I guess you haven't heard. BRP announced a new Spyder today that has side by side seating and a steering wheel!"

:yikes:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113046&stc=1 :clap: :roflblack:

EDIT: I've got this potential sorted out too! :thumbup: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113048&stc=1

Deer Slayer
08-06-2015, 07:39 AM
If one is married to the wrong person,:yikes:

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 09:15 AM
If one is married to the wrong person,:yikes:
This reminds me of a joke... :D
An English Professor asked his class to explain the difference between the words , "Completed", and "Finished".
After several feeble attempts by the Class, a young man stood up...
"When a Man marries the right woman; he is completed."
"When he marries the wrong woman; he is finished!"
"And if the right woman catches him in bed with the wrong woman; he is THROUGH!"

MarkLawson
08-06-2015, 10:11 AM
I told my doctor a couple of years ago that every person in the food and medical industries who is knowledgeable about diet and nutrition shares a common characteristic with every teacher of every religion in the world. There isn't a single one of them who has a lock on the truth.

Cynical and very broad brush strokes there.

I believe Hell is a place where God has withdrawn His presence. No one alive has experienced this level of abject horror and no one dead will until they have had their final judgement. God has made for each of us provision to avoid this eternal separation through Jesus Christ, but most choose to reject Him. Everyone who ends up in Hell will have eternity knowing it was by their own choice. I also believe those there will not find any comfort in the sharing of the experience, nothing to distract them from their self-imposed torments. They'll suffer alone.

mxz600
08-06-2015, 10:24 AM
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a university chemistry exam. The answer by one student was so profound that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state: that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1.If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2.If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in
Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct ... leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"!!!

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 10:27 AM
:clap: I'm glad that you posted this one; I've been looking for it! :thumbup:

Sarge707
08-06-2015, 11:01 AM
You Make your own Heaven or Hell while you are on earth?
Once you Pass your Brain is No longer active and you are Dead so Make the Best of your life on earth?:yikes:

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IoyaTGHweAo

mxz600
08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I can't believe this thread hasn't "gone to hell in a handbasket". :shocked:

Are we all learning from our past with the recent rash of deleted posts? Probably not, silly me. I almost responded back to one of the posts, but I kept my fingers off the keyboard. Didn't want to destroy this thread as it's kind of fun.

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 12:42 PM
:agree:
Here's one to ponder...
Is Heaven; the absence of Hell"
or
Is Hell, the absence of Heaven?

:shocked:

mxz600
08-06-2015, 01:14 PM
:agree:
Here's one to ponder...
Is Heaven; the absence of Hell"
or
Is Hell, the absence of Heaven?

:shocked:
I pondered and now I have a headache.

mxz600
08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113066&stc=1

Bob Denman
08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Try just "idly Speculating" next time; it hurts less! :D

Netminder
08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I have been to Hell Grand Cayman, very small and interesting place!:yikes:It even has a post office, for sending postcards from Hell!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113084&stc=1

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-06-2015, 04:54 PM

I believe Hell is a place where God has withdrawn His presence. No one alive has experienced this level of abject horror and no one dead will until they have had their final judgement. God has made for each of us provision to avoid this eternal separation through Jesus Christ, but most choose to reject Him. Everyone who ends up in Hell will have eternity knowing it was by their own choice. I also believe those there will not find any comfort in the sharing of the experience, nothing to distract them from their self-imposed torments. They'll suffer alone.
Cynical? I don't think so. The key word in your comment is "believe". You believe, and I believe, but we do not "know". The only ones who know are all dead. You will have one (pardon the expression) hell of a time finding objective evidence to prove my statement wrong. In fact, you will want to hope I am never proven wrong. If someday scientifically sound objective evidence is discovered that shows my statement to be wrong because it shows that the Hindu priest on the other side of the world is the one who holds the truth, you will be in a quandary! Right? So will I.

Think about this. History records only three people who have died and come to life, Jesus, Lazarus, and Jarius' daughter. But there is no historical record, oral or written, that relates what each those three experienced on the other side. The strength of our belief that God, Jesus, Heaven, and Hell exists, lies not in having objective evidence that proves that belief, but in the fact there is no scientifically sound objective evidence that disproves that belief.

Deer Slayer
08-06-2015, 07:14 PM
This reminds me of a joke... :D
An English Professor asked his class to explain the difference between the words , "Completed", and "Finished".
After several feeble attempts by the Class, a young man stood up...
"When a Man marries the right woman; he is completed."
"When he marries the wrong woman; he is finished!"
"And if the right woman catches him in bed with the wrong woman; he is THROUGH!"
Spot on, brother!:cheers:

billybovine
08-06-2015, 07:25 PM
There is a highway to Hell and a stairway to Heaven.

That explains the amount of traffic expected to go to each.

SNOOPY
08-09-2015, 09:01 PM

Very well said.:thumbup:

jScotD
08-09-2015, 10:53 PM
being in a sleeping bag overnight in Death Vally would get close... then there is always this place...........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell%27s_Kitchen,_Manhattan

clinard
08-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Hell, California
Hell, Michigan
Hell, Norway
Hell, Grand Cayman

Bob Denman
08-10-2015, 07:03 AM
There is a highway to Hell and a stairway to Heaven.

That explains the amount of traffic expected to go to each.

This reminds me of yet another joke... :D
A life-long biker passes on, and is met at the Pearly Gates by God... :bowdown:
He addresses the bewildered biker:
"Since you were a caring and honest man throughout your entire life; always trying to help your fellow man, and always keeping me in your heart... I will grant you one wish."
The biker thinks about it for a moment...
"Hawaii is such a beautiful place... could you build a bridge to Hawaii, so that bikers will be able to ride out there, and enjoy what has to be one of the nicest places on the Planet?"
God thinks about this for a moment...
"I'm sorry; my Son. The engineering for such a structure would be difficult, and the actual construction would be even tougher. Can you think of anything else that you'd like?"
The biker strokes his chin...
"How about giving us a World in which there is no strife. Please give us a World of peace..."
God is perplexed...
"Let me take another look at those bridge plans..." :roflblack: