PDA

View Full Version : Just things that I have observed or have happened to me (remember I am a newbie)

beadaholic
08-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Well I now have 1800 miles on my 2014 RT, we don't even have 2015's here in Mexico yet that I know of. Anyway, I had that harmonic vibration happening at 71 miles per hour, and never went past that point until Sunday, I took it up to 86 miles per hour! Whooo hoooo! Talk about fun, my freeways are not the smoothest by far, but this was a particularly nice patch of road and I felt safe so I did it! haha, fun fun! No more vibration at that speed. I guess I could have made it up to 90, but that was as far as I felt I should at the moment.

My other observation is that has anyone felt like the rear tire like slides around a tad when changing gears aggressively a bit? I had someone coming up on me on a "normal road" where I was doing 30 miles per hour, I decided to get away from him (as I do have the power to do so). and giving it the gas and changing up to 5th pretty fast (mine is a SM6 not SE6) I noticed a little bit once like the rear end was going faster than the front end if that makes sense to you? It wasn't enough to lose control or anything but it did of course get my attention. I feel much more competent on my bike now (it is my first ever except the one I had at 10 years old hehe and crashed into a parked boat with my little brother on the back of it, yikes, scared the crap out of me and my little 2 year old brother, never wanted another motorcycle until I saw the Spyder (at 55 years of age!)).

I saw a video where someone was showing off a little bit on a Spyder, nothing major like I see in burn out videos, but how does a person spin out the tire a little bit without losing control. I can't imagine me doing that with it, but hey, it is good to know what and how things work? I have taken off pretty fast, off and on, in 1st and love how the motor basically "screams" with power until I go into 2nd and 3rd hehe, it is such an awesome machine and I just love my bike and how powerful it seems to me. It is so much fun for me to have and I am so glad I took the step to get me one without anyone telling me about it, and I did this all by myself! I still get looks from all the men and women in my village (shaking their heads and they can't wrap their brains around it) that they don't understand a woman who isn't saddled with all the chores of 12 kids and a macho man! haha, NOT ME! 2 kids was enough! :roflblack:My poor car has not been driven now for about 3 months :shocked:, as the motorcycle is always my go to vehicle! :ohyea:

I can do 50 miles per hour in 3rd or 4th on curvy roads pretty evenly now. It used to be 30 to 35 miles per hour and always hitting the brakes like I shouldn't have been doing and much less adding gas to come out of the curve. I think I got that figured out pretty good. And I feel pretty safe as well.

So I am going to buy the Kelvar Denim pants for short rides here and there nearby so I don't put on my Fieldsheer pants with CE armor everytime, they are heavy and good for my longer trips (why I think this makes a difference is unknown to me? But for some reason I have the idea that this is "ok" :dontknow: ) So no one knows what is Kelvar is here so I compare it to Teflon to try and explain it, anyway, we have a joke going on here with my crew, that I am going to invent Teflon Undies, (haha, sorry if this is going over some line I shouldn't go over but we all think it is funny) and the guys ask me why, and I tell them so the "eggs" don't stick together roflmao....sounds better in spanish than english but I think you get the idea haha, too funny. I could get rich here with this gag I think! But those that do have Kelvar Denim Pants what is your take on them, good? Or just a gadget?

I still don't know what the Nannie is, I know it is the system in the bike to keep us safe, and all. But I cannot pin point anytime that I have felt it working or going on?! I have not lost power from a wheel lifting up or anything like that, I have felt a few times that I have actually been off the road with all 3 tires for a millisecond or something, because I hit an irregular patch on the road, but it just keeps going the same strength to me anyway. I guess because I have never had a motorcycle before I just have no idea about this, the difference, to me the Spyder is it, and I have learned straight from it, and don't have really any other experience to draw from.

Anyway that is my story so far, it is a blast, love it and would not ever want to get rid of it!:f_spider:

Bob Denman
08-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the update! :D

Just keep on doing what you're doing; you're doing it VERY well! :clap: :2thumbs:

OJ UK
08-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Sounds like you're getting there....well done!:bowdown::thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Geoff,
:shocked: Shouldn't you be drinking already?? :cheers:

OJ UK
08-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Noooo......it's only 6:30! I shall be going to the 'local' at around ten........probably get home
by one(ish).....Food first! Then sharpen my pool cue!

Bob Denman
08-05-2015, 01:17 PM
I thought that we had another hour's worth of time difference between us... :shocked:
Have fun! :thumbup:

Rawhide kid
08-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Love your post beadaholic! Hilarious. I think I've felt the nanny kick in once or twice in y short time on the spyder. I'll look on YouTube for a video of it. Engine just suddenly drops rpm biting time and I swear a little brake applied it feels like. I did it at relatively low speed turn with my son behind me. The engine returns quickly to where you were before- so it's a very quick drop in speed but return to normal. At least that's my impression. Others with a lot more experience can chime in.

Ive vey spun rear tire on gravel. I would think the nanny might kick in with a low speed rear tire spin and quick turn onto pavement. But I'm not ready to try it yet.

Rawhide kid
08-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Brp has a vid about it.
http://youtu.be/77By0mM1qDA
longer brp video. Well done.
http://youtu.be/2e4l93BBku0

Spyder in the snow. Very stable due to VSS.
http://youtu.be/wCXPtvdJzjI

ARtraveler
08-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the great update. Sounds like you are having a great time AND getting the :spyder2: figured out at the same time. :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace::yes::ye s:

beadaholic
08-05-2015, 03:17 PM
I didn't get a DVD with mine, or the manual, I have the manual now from online but these two videos were very interesting to me, the snow one I already saw and I thought that was cool, not that there is any snow here! haha But thank YOU! I enjoyed these as well as learned more about my bike! Love IT! :yes:

CanAmChris
08-05-2015, 05:24 PM
So I am going to buy the Kelvar Denim pants for short rides here and there nearby so I don't put on my Fieldsheer pants with CE armor everytime, they are heavy and good for my longer trips (why I think this makes a difference is unknown to me? But for some reason I have the idea that this is "ok" :dontknow: ) So no one knows what is Kelvar is here so I compare it to Teflon to try and explain it, anyway, we have a joke going on here with my crew, that I am going to invent Teflon Undies, (haha, sorry if this is going over some line I shouldn't go over but we all think it is funny) and the guys ask me why, and I tell them so the "eggs" don't stick together roflmao....sounds better in spanish than english but I think you get the idea haha, too funny. I could get rich here with this gag I think! But those that do have Kelvar Denim Pants what is your take on them, good? Or just a gadget?

You can tell them that Kevlar is what bullet proof vests and modern military helmets are made of. I have several pairs of black Bilt Kevlar cargo pants and I will never ride without them. I got them at http://www.cyclegear.com/ and they will ship to Mexico.

I did take the CE armor out of the knees because I ride to work and it gets uncomfortable sitting that many hours. If I am just riding on the weekend or after work I wear the armor. They are slightly warmer then a pair of blue jeans but I will take that over road rash any day.

Enjoy your Spyder and keep those huevos safe!

beadaholic
08-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much for the tips! I will check these out! hehe, but I am a girl, don't have "huevos" only you GUYS! haha too funny!

You can tell them that Kevlar is what bullet proof vests and modern military helmets are made of. I have several pairs of black Bilt Kevlar cargo pants and I will never ride without them. I got them at http://www.cyclegear.com/ and they will ship to Mexico.

I did take the CE armor out of the knees because I ride to work and it gets uncomfortable sitting that many hours. If I am just riding on the weekend or after work I wear the armor. They are slightly warmer then a pair of blue jeans but I will take that over road rash any day.

Enjoy your Spyder and keep those huevos safe!

Chupaca
08-05-2015, 07:37 PM
your doing good....lots of improvement..:2thumbs: the squirrly rear end happens when the rear wheel breaks loose. (spins like a burnout) if it get wild the nanny will help out. Ryding a manual (way to go) you can have similar effects when downshifting into a turn , you will see as you get faster. Nothing to worry about. As for the nanny....you will know when she finally decides you are getting to wild. My wife questions my ability to ryde when the nanny gets involved...:roflblack: now as to the kevlar..." lo que usan para hacer los chalecos a prueba de balas" or like the rancho grande underwear..te los comienzo de lana y te los acabo de acero...:roflblack: have fun fun fun like you've been doing....:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-05-2015, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=beadaholic;1017887]Thank you so much for the tips! I will check these out! hehe, but I am a girl, don't have "huevos" only you GUYS! haha too funny![/QUOTE.....L,....Hi,...my best guess is you hit some sand on the road, that was was so little you didn't notice it at speed......and your shift was timed at the exact moment of contact and excelleration............Mike ..:thumbup:

beadaholic
08-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Shows you what I know, I didn't relate the Kevlar with anti bullet vests....haha, geeze, should have known that like immediately. But anyway, they all laughed at me here when I explained what it was finally, it was a DUH moment! I love it that my bike is a manual although I had at first really wanted the semi-automatic, but destiny did its part and I have the right bike! I am really convinced of this. Way more power this way! I like that! haha, thank you! haha, love you spanish!

your doing good....lots of improvement..:2thumbs: the squirrly rear end happens when the rear wheel breaks loose. (spins like a burnout) if it get wild the nanny will help out. Ryding a manual (way to go) you can have similar effects when downshifting into a turn , you will see as you get faster. Nothing to worry about. As for the nanny....you will know when she finally decides you are getting to wild. My wife questions my ability to ryde when the nanny gets involved...:roflblack: now as to the kevlar..." lo que usan para hacer los chalecos a prueba de balas" or like the rancho grande underwear..te los comienzo de lana y te los acabo de acero...:roflblack: have fun fun fun like you've been doing....:thumbup:

beadaholic
08-06-2015, 02:13 PM
.....L,....Hi,...my best guess is you hit some sand on the road, that was was so little you didn't notice it at speed......and your shift was timed at the exact moment of contact and excelleration............Mike ..:thumbup:

Yes those things do happen! I probably just timed it perfectly for me to think otherwise, it is something I am pretty good at! Whoo HOOOO tomorrow I get your little item in the mail! FedEx guys already told me today! Excited! Thank you again Mike, you are a jewel! :clap:

beadaholic
08-06-2015, 02:16 PM
I have several pairs of black Bilt Kevlar cargo pants and I will never ride without them. I got them at http://www.cyclegear.com/ and they will ship to Mexico.

btw now I know what Kevlar is, I knew, but my light bulb didn't go off...haha, and I also ordered a pair of the ladies Bilt Kevlar Levi's.....on their way to me as I type!

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Yes those things do happen! I probably just timed it perfectly for me to think otherwise, it is something I am pretty good at! Whoo HOOOO tomorrow I get your little item in the mail! FedEx guys already told me today! Excited! Thank you again Mike, you are a jewel! :clap:

:yes::yes::yes:....And we will want PICS PICS PICS and a test report of course :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.........Mike :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Rawhide kid
08-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Saw this on Facebook and had to share here.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113227&stc=1

Bob Denman
08-08-2015, 05:12 PM
:shocked: That poor dog won't be able to crap right for about a Month! :yikes:

beadaholic
08-08-2015, 07:25 PM
NOW I got to get used to the Utopia Backrest. This changed everything! I am very happy with it, looks fab and besides I am sure it is better for me, posture wise. But my NEXT item will be the BajaRon Sway Bar! Whew....do you think I will be ever done spending money on my Spyder? haha, :rolleyes:

Just wish I could get things as fast as you guys in the US! haha, but that is ok, the waiting makes it even more exciting I guess.

Now on to the next Farkle! LED Pod Lights! Going to light up all the grill pieces with these! and MIKE's HELP! haha, poor Mike! If only he knew what he got into! haha :bowdown:

beadaholic
08-08-2015, 07:28 PM
OH!! I forgot to tell everyone. Well you know here we have street dogs, some are quite viscous :mad:. So I bought me a can of pepper spray, I can legally carry that and use it if needed. haha, well needless to say, twice now a dog almost nabbed me, well next time the dog is going to get a lesson and I am sure he will leave me alone forever after this! Oh well....I feel sorta bad about doing this, but not that bad. :trike:

pitzerwm
08-09-2015, 01:06 AM
once you get the bumpskid, you can just run over the street dogs. I remember living in Mexico. Keep trucking, to answer your question, about when will you stop spending money on your bike, the answer is never. You will deck this one out and then decide that you need a new one and start over.

beadaholic
08-09-2015, 02:00 PM
haha Bill, I thought that might be true about the money, oh well..as long as I keep making it! I should be fine!