PDA

View Full Version : London Ontario

RTGENE
01-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I have a proposal for a June run to London Ontario

I would enjoy a road trip from just outside of Saint Louis to our Spyders birthing center. Along with that it would be nice to have someone else to ride with. Then again it would be really nice to have a bunch of Spyders to ride across Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and into Ontario Ca. I did a Google map that says 711 miles and 11 hours from STL
So:
Saint Louis to
Indianapolis to
Ft Wayne to
Lansing
That would be 525 miles and a good place to spend the night (I think)
If a group develops someone will know where to stay and a great dinner outing.
Day 2
Lansing to
Flint to
Sarnia Ca to
London 186 miles

So if your just mildly interested let me know.
There is plenty of time to iron out any problems, changes or make adjustments.

Gene Sturm
sturm111@swbell.net

zzneonzz
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a nice ride will have to see how the year turns out between now and then financialy but I could possibly be for this run.

NancysToy
01-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't know if we could make the trip. It would depend on the date. June gets very busy. You will be very close by, though, and we would certainly try to connect to say "Hi," and maybe grab a bite. Keep us informed.
-Scotty

dltang
01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
We are right on the route about 5 miles from I-69 East of Flint. We are about 2 hours from London, Ontario. Which by the way is home to our illustrious Director but it is not the birthplace of the spyder. You still have quite a long haul from London to Valcourt Quebec if you are going all the way to the spyder factory. Anyway, it still sounds like a great trip and we would love to either join you for a leg or host a stop off point along the way for hungry and thirsty spyder riders. Of course it depends on when in June. Right now it looks like we will be gone from June 18-30 or close to that. If all goes well, we will be in Kenya.

Director
01-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a proposal for a June run to London Ontario

I would enjoy a road trip from just outside of Saint Louis to our Spyders birthing center. Along with that it would be nice to have someone else to ride with. Then again it would be really nice to have a bunch of Spyders to ride across Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and into Ontario Ca. I did a Google map that says 711 miles and 11 hours from STL
So:
Saint Louis to
Indianapolis to
Ft Wayne to
Lansing
That would be 525 miles and a good place to spend the night (I think)
If a group develops someone will know where to stay and a great dinner outing.
Day 2
Lansing to
Flint to
Sarnia Ca to
London 186 miles

So if your just mildly interested let me know.
There is plenty of time to iron out any problems, changes or make adjustments.

Gene Sturm
sturm111@swbell.net

Hey Gene. It would be a short ride for me, since I live in London, but I would be delighted to meet up with you and any other Spyder Ryders who come this way.
Maybe I am not understanding your message, but the Spyder's "birthing center" is Valcourt, Quebec, which is another 521 miles east of London, so London would just be a stop-off point for you if you intend to go to BRP headquarters.

Bruce

RTGENE
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Is my face red!!!!
So as we pass thru London on our way to:
Toronto to
Kingston to
Montreal to
Valcourt
whew---
This trip is now 1216 miles.
This is now a great adventure -----something to brag about for years to come.
Now after leaving Lansing we all stop for lunch with the Director in London on our way to a nights stay north of Kingston-----1000 mile marker.
This may be a long day because of Toronto and all the Photo opportunity along Lake Ontario.
Then its a short run to Valcourt.
This is one of the little adjustments I mentioned in my previous post.
smilingene

BRPjunkie
01-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Fort Wayne to Lansing/Flint takes you close to Jackson, MI and I would love to hook up for the MI portion of the ride, especially the eating part. Firts week in June is a ride down to Natchez Trace Parkway, but after that, should be open.

retread
01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
If finances allow, I'm in. BTW, you left out the Thousand Islands and the Eisenhower Locks, just east of Lake Ontario. If we add everything to see up that way, we could take a week or better, I might do that anyway, the more I think about it.

john

Bersquack
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm planning a very similar ride late July/early August. Too bad we are not on the same schedule as early June is too busy for me at work to take off.

Have fun.

rleathen
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Since I live just east of Toronto I would be willing to go for a ride for awhile depending of course on the date.

Star Cruiser
01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Since I live just east of Toronto I would be willing to go for a ride for awhile depending of course on the date.
I will be at Americade June 1 - 7 (or so). A trip back to the Laurentians sounds like a plan. We would be passing by your place on the way. I am in Brampton, so the London route could work as we join the "arachnoy"

NancysToy
01-07-2009, 07:36 PM
...as we join the "arachnoy"
Nice word! It is now added to our vocabulary.
-Scotty