PDA

View Full Version : Givi Capacity

BRPjunkie
01-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Givi site says V35 will hold a full face helmet. Twisted Throttle site says XL full face won't fit. Will someone with Givi V35 cases let me know if full face helmet fits. I know that each helmet has slightly different shape and the V35 shape is different, but what do owners say. We use HJC full face (L & M) and it would be a bummer if we can't stash helmets.

sleepman
01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I've got a large Shoei and while I haven't tried putting it in my V35's yet, I'm fairly certain that it won't fit. The unique shape of the V35's makes me think that it won't hold a full face.

LittleJohn
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Givi site says V35 will hold a full face helmet. Twisted Throttle site says XL full face won't fit. Will someone with Givi V35 cases let me know if full face helmet fits. I know that each helmet has slightly different shape and the V35 shape is different, but what do owners say. We use HJC full face (L & M) and it would be a bummer if we can't stash helmets.

My 2XL HJC Full face will not fit due to the slanted shape of the bags.

BRPjunkie
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
My 2XL HJC Full face will not fit due to the slanted shape of the bags.

My gosh, 2XL!! :yikes: Will your head fit in the Givi? :dontknow: Not sure how much difference there is between 2XL and L HJC, but my guess is it is the shape of the Givi case that is the problem. Bummer. :mad:

sleepman
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
My gosh, 2XL!! :yikes: Will your head fit in the Givi? :dontknow: Not sure how much difference there is between 2XL and L HJC, but my guess is it is the shape of the Givi case that is the problem. Bummer. :mad:

You're talking cm's between helmet sizes, so yeah I'd say unless your wearing a half helmet you're probably not gonna get it in the Givi's.

BRPjunkie
01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
You're talking cm's between helmet sizes, so yeah I'd say unless your wearing a half helmet you're probably not gonna get it in the Givi's.

Glad I checked. If I would have ordered based on Givi website which says they hold a full face helmet, I would have been disappointed. While we would use them mainly for trips, I was really hoping to leave them on and be able to stash helmets for around town rides. I will have to decide if that shortcoming changes my mind.

NancysToy
01-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Glad I checked. If I would have ordered based on Givi website which says they hold a full face helmet, I would have been disappointed. While we would use them mainly for trips, I was really hoping to leave them on and be able to stash helmets for around town rides. I will have to decide if that shortcoming changes my mind.
You can also get mounting kits for the Spyder to fit the E41 side cases, which are straight sided and larger. Another alternative is adding a V46 topcase, which also allows you to fit an optional backrest.
-Scotty

M2Wild
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Does Givi make Spyder specific top case mounting bracket?

bjt
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM

I'm not sure if GIVI is actually making a rack that fits the Spyder but Industries 7 (http://www.industries7.com/pages/Spy360.jsp) does. Owners of the BRP backrest have been making their own mounting plate for GIVI top bags to the BRP rear rack. Also, Kewlmetal offers a rear rack (http://www.kewlmetal.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30&ctl=CatalogItemDetails&mid=369&CatalogItemID=465&MasterCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=20&pagenumber=0) that works with GIVI top bags.

BRPjunkie
01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
From the photos posted here, the Givi V35 cases seem to follow the lines of the Spyder pretty well. I have not seen any photos of the E41 cases, but I'm afraid the straight lines won't flow as well. I know the V46 will swallow full face helmets, but personally, I'm not a fan of top cases.

NancysToy
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
From the photos posted here, the Givi V35 cases seem to follow the lines of the Spyder pretty well. I have not seen any photos of the E41 cases, but I'm afraid the straight lines won't flow as well. I know the V46 will swallow full face helmets, but personally, I'm not a fan of top cases.
You are pretty much right on all counts. I guess it comes down to priorities. One can choose either form or function, but apparently not both in this case.
-Scotty

Director
01-06-2009, 10:37 PM

I tend to agree; I was not a fan of top boxes, although when Givi finally ships the coloured panels as I have been promised, the top box will look a lot more integrated with my Spyder, and it is extremely functional. I tried to put a Shoei XL helmet in the V35 and had no joy. It's just a little too big. I still like the V35s a lot in any event. I think they will be very useful when traveling. They are a tad smaller than the Shad bags I had on my last bike though.
Cheers,
Bruce

John in PA
01-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Givi's new Monokey plate for tailtrunk for the Spyder is supposed to start shipping this month. Any Monokey trunk Givi makes, including the 52 liter Maxia (givi's R300 red optional color nicely matches Spyder red, other colors available too) A Maxia will fit 2 full face large helmets if the rest of the case is nearly empty (stuff small things inside the helmets when stowing) Never tried an XL or 2XL, so can't comment.

Here's the red Maxia on a Moto Guzzi Norge sport tourer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jwellsgnr/GiviE52001.jpg?t=1231330001

Director
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Givi's new Monokey plate for tailtrunk for the Spyder is supposed to start shipping this month. Any Monokey trunk Givi makes, including the 52 liter Maxia (givi's R300 red optional color nicely matches Spyder red, other colors available too) A Maxia will fit 2 full face large helmets if the rest of the case is nearly empty (stuff small things inside the helmets when stowing) Never tried an XL or 2XL, so can't comment.

Here's the red Maxia on a Moto Guzzi Norge sport tourer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jwellsgnr/GiviE52001.jpg?t=1231330001

Is that your Norge, John? I have not seen one this colour before. It's a beautiful bike. The Norge is a bike I was seriously looking at before I got Spyder bitten. :D

Bruce

NancysToy
01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Is that your Norge, John? I have not seen one this colour before. It's a beautiful bike. The Norge is a bike I was seriously looking at before I got Spyder bitten. :D

Bruce
The red Norge had me drooling, too. I test rode one, and almost bit. My wife's needs prevailed, however, and eventually she ended up with her Spyder. The red norge is still a gorgeous machine!
-Scotty

John in PA
01-07-2009, 09:10 PM

Yes, Givi makes a specific topcase mount. They're supposed to be shipping starting this month. I've had one on order since they first offered them on the site. I'll post pics once I get mine mounted.
They also show sidecase mounts for the V35 cases on the Givi USA website. I haven't ordered them, so I don't know anything about shipping on those.
they don't offer anything for the Monokey/Monolock sidecases yet, only the V35's with the stepped inner contour.

M2Wild
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes, Givi makes a specific topcase mount. They're supposed to be shipping starting this month. I've had one on order since they first offered them on the site. I'll post pics once I get mine mounted.

That would be great. I am thinking about drilling into the plate that came with the BRP sport rack and mount the Givi E250 universal plate onto it.

adrims
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I have Givi V35's on my spyder, I wear a large nolan n102 full face and my wife wears a small and our helmets fit in the panniers, its a tight fit. We lay the helmets on their side and place the bottom of the helmet to the inner wall. Alan from Whitsundays OZ.

Director
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I have Givi V35's on my spyder, I wear a large nolan n102 full face and my wife wears a small and our helmets fit in the panniers, its a tight fit. We lay the helmets on their side and place the bottom of the helmet to the inner wall. Alan from Whitsundays OZ.

Yes, the V35 will accommodate a large, but not an XL, unfortunately.

Bruce

retread
01-10-2009, 10:00 PM
What about the E 41 sidecases? They're bigger, should fit more???

john

Director
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
What about the E 41 sidecases? They're bigger, should fit more???

john

Yes, I expect they would. They just don't fit the Spyder's lines quite as well.

Bruce