PDA

View Full Version : Reset Hyperflashing instructions

pitzerwm
08-04-2015, 01:19 AM
I have been looking for 30 minutes and I can't find the thread. I know its been here and of course I did't write it down, but changed out rear signal lites with LEDs and get hyperflash, which is strange IMO because the front ones are LEDs.

pitzerwm
08-04-2015, 01:35 AM
I never give up and found it, as it was the great Lamonster, not Finless as I assumed.

https://youtu.be/gpuEqpiTm4M?t=177

Now, what I found that just by holding down the hazard flasher for 30 seconds with a blinker on reset the whole thing. In this video, he shows doing the procedure for eash side. I didn't need to do that nor did I have to do the let the signal flash once and turn off the key. Maybe they made it simpler. Any way between now and hell freezing over, I'm sure people will need this info.

FWIW what I have also done is to add a relay to the fender LEDs that had been added by the previous owner, but they didn't flash. The relay is hooked to the turn signal and interrupts the fender circuit. Then I changed out the rear turn signals with LEDs.

pitzerwm
08-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Well, just double checked it and without the motor running it flashes right, but when the engine running, after a few flashes it goes into hyper flashing. Went thru the procedure again and the same-thing. So live with it, or get a couple of resistors.

Doc - Riverside
08-04-2015, 06:10 AM
After adding the LED upgrade to the front fenders on my 2014 RT and a friends RT they were hyper- flashing. The reset procedure I used was to hold down the Hazard button, turn on the key and while watching the right side of the cluster you will see one of the warning icon flash after about 30 seconds. One this has occurred release the hazard button. The turn signals should now flash normally.

Bob Denman
08-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Cruzr Joe was the first to report on this "fix". I think that Doc R has it right; but you could always PM Joe for a confirmation. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-04-2015, 07:47 AM
You all forgot one critical step in the reset. You must do this while standing on one leg.

Bob Denman
08-04-2015, 07:57 AM
:shocked: Damn... Does it matter which one? :dontknow:

:roflblack:

billybovine
08-04-2015, 08:27 AM
:shocked: Damn... Does it matter which one? :dontknow:

:roflblack:

Of course it does. Right leg in northern hemisphere and left in southern. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-04-2015, 08:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s_P9PU5FcMQ

Chupaca
08-04-2015, 09:40 AM
is if you change all the turn signals you will get this problem but as long as you have one conventional bulb in the system it works normal. :banghead: so if all you may need to add the resistors...:dontknow:

pitzerwm
08-04-2015, 01:06 PM
After adding the LED upgrade to the front fenders on my 2014 RT and a friends RT they were hyper- flashing. The reset procedure I used was to hold down the Hazard button, turn on the key and while watching the right side of the cluster you will see one of the warning icon flash after about 30 seconds. One this has occurred release the hazard button. The turn signals should now flash normally.

Ok, I followed this "reset" and it didn't work, so I tried it a little different. I started the bike, then held down the Hazard button down for 30 plus seconds, I didn't see anything on the cluster. turned off the hazard, and turned on turn signal, it appears fixed.

I'll report later if I need to try the right leg thing.

As for the fender LEDs, they were wired as always on, I interrupted the power with a relay tied to the turn signals. That way they won't be in the nanny circuit, but do flash opposite the turn signals. I replaced the real turn signals and that started the hyper flashing.