PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo GPS Lifetime Maps Information (Please Read)

Cruzr Joe
08-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Some of Garmins Zumo GPS's that came with your Spyder may not have the free lifetime maps included, (it is supposed to), If yours does not have the free lifetime maps, you can call Garmin at 1-800 800-1020 and they will send you a card with a serial # on it to activate a Lifetime Maps update for your unit. Apparently when Garmin sets these up for BRP sometime the serial # does not get into the Free Maps Division. This is what has happened to my Zumo and Garmin is sending me a new card at this time.

When you call be sure to have your serial # handy. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

robmorg
08-03-2015, 04:45 PM
That's a good "Heads UP", Joe. Thank you. :thumbup:

My 2013 RTL came with a Zumo 660, and I don't know if it's supposed to come with the lifetime map feature, but it has it now. I'm on Garmin's email list and every once and a while (especially around the Holidays) they will sell LM subscriptions at half price. I bought one for my zumo in 2013. Can't remember what I paid, but I do remember thinking that it was a very reasonable cost at half price. Never knew that BRP Garmin units are supposed to have them included.

azcpl85711
08-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Just bought my 13 RTL in May and didn't know. Paid for the lifetime updates. Always a day late and a dollar short.

Bob Denman
08-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Once you've got Garmin Express in your computer; it will ask you to hook up your GPS to it. :thumbup:
I would assume that if you have Lifetime Maps available; it'll tell you whenever new maps are there for the picking. :D

billybovine
08-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Some of Garmins Zumo GPS's that came with your Spyder may not have the free lifetime maps included, (it is supposed to), If yours does not have the free lifetime maps, you can call Garmin at 1-800 800-1020 and they will send you a card with a serial # on it to activate a Lifetime Maps update for your unit. Apparently when Garmin sets these up for BRP sometime the serial # does not get into the Free Maps Division. This is what has happened to my Zumo and Garmin is sending me a new card at this time.

When you call be sure to have your serial # handy. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

I think you may have been misinformed. I called Garmin in 2013. At that time it was explained to me that BRP changed models. Initially they sold Zumo 660's as the Can Am GPS. No lifetime maps. Then they changed to the Zumo 660LM. This model has lifetime maps, LM stands for lifetime maps. If anyone wants to know what model they have. Take out the battery and look at the model number underneath.

Bob Denman
08-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Mine does say 660LM. :thumbup:
Billy,
Thanks for letting everyone know where to look for the important information. :clap:

billybovine
08-03-2015, 10:41 PM
There is some confusion here and I added to it. Cruzr Joe did not say what kind of Zumo GPS he had but since his ride is a 2015 so it will be a Zumo 590LM. So what he said specifically about his 590LM would apply. The confusion came and I added to when we assumed he was talking about the Zumo 660 models as well.

Papa
08-03-2015, 10:53 PM
2016.10 is the latest. It just came out within the last week or so. .

2014 White RTS
2010 Silver RT A & C retired

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruzr Joe
08-04-2015, 10:36 AM
on garmin Express, mine registers as a Zumo 590 (no LM), Under the Battery it says 590LM. Garmin is sending me a lifetime map update serial #.

Technically all Zumos are supposed to have lifetime map upgrades, according to the tech i spoke to at Garmin.

Cruzr Joe

Pennyrick
08-04-2015, 10:50 AM
on garmin Express, mine registers as a Zumo 590 (no LM), Under the Battery it says 590LM. Garmin is sending me a lifetime map update serial #.

Technically all Zumos are supposed to have lifetime map upgrades, according to the tech i spoke to at Garmin.

Cruzr Joe

Both of our 2012 LTD's with the Zumo 660's were sold to us by the sales rep, stating they had lifetime map updates.

When I went to update one of them in 2013 I was told 'no way' and I was charged $90 for the update.

Our Zumos show '660NA' as the model under the battery. Guess that must stand for 'not available' but I think it means 'North America'.

JayBros
08-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Once you've got Garmin Express in your computer; it will ask you to hook up your GPS to it. :thumbup:
I would assume that if you have Lifetime Maps available; it'll tell you whenever new maps are there for the picking. :D

Yes, it checks for all updates, for Express, Zumo 590 software and maps.

JayBros
08-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Cruzr Joe

I just rang off with Garmin after reading Papa's update note and finding that Garmin wanted to charge me for 2016.10, just like Joe's problem. The Garmin rep said there was some kind of a problem with my account that it had dropped the LM and would not let the tech update the account. They're overnighting me some kind of corrective information to follow to get things right.

Another reason to participate in this great gang -- fast solutions to problems. Thanks for starting the thread, Joe.

Cruzr Joe
08-04-2015, 12:05 PM
I just rang off with Garmin after reading Papa's update note and finding that Garmin wanted to charge me for 2016.10, just like Joe's problem. The Garmin rep said there was some kind of a problem with my account that it had dropped the LM and would not let the tech update the account. They're overnighting me some kind of corrective information to follow to get things right.

Another reason to participate in this great gang -- fast solutions to problems. Thanks for starting the thread, Joe.

This is the exact same thing that i was referring to, glad you got it squared away.

Cruzr Joe

bmwlarry
08-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Just tried to update my 590LM and it would not update. I called and they created a ticket for the issue. They tell me that the device is LM but the LM is dropped so it will not update. I am waiting for resolution

Cruzr Joe
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Everyone needs to check theirs so they can get it worked out.

Cruzr joe

Blade
08-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Everyone needs to check theirs so they can get it worked out.

Cruzr joe

I recently purchased and had my GPS 590 installed (7/15/2015), I checked my product information and it does state that I have life-time mapping but I will check just to make sure. Thanks for this information.

Blade

Blade
08-14-2015, 01:15 PM
I recently had my GPS Installed (7/15/2015) on my RTS 2015 does this apply too those as well. I read the product card and the box both state that I have lifetime mapping. So I hope I am covered but I will check to make sure. :clap:

Thanks for this post.

Blade

PaladinLV
08-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Not sure if this still works, but IF you find that the LM has dropped from your account, REREGISTER the unit.

It worked for me, but that was a couple of years back!

Good Luck

AJ