PDA

View Full Version : Where to find used cycle clothing

Rawhide kid
08-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Where do y'all shop for used gear, other than the obvious classifieds on SL, Craigslist and eBay? Need to get some gear for my wife and kids. Especially mesh jacket or two.

Oldmanzues
08-03-2015, 10:02 AM
No real idea
Goodwill store ???
Motorcycle club newsletters ???

Good Luck
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
08-03-2015, 10:15 AM
If another biker is getting rid of it; do I want to be putting it on? :shocked:
Alternately: would you want to wear a jacket that I've been wearing??? :yikes:
Being the "Rawhide Kid"; shouldn't you be shopping at either an Agway, Sheplers, or Tractor Supply store for your riding gear?

AMTJIM
08-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Besides ebay, Jackets4Bikes.com...they sell on ebay too. Cycle Gear often has kid size helmets on sale(some unadvertised closeouts) NO USED HELMETS...That's just ICKY!

GOZFST
08-03-2015, 10:47 AM
New Enough, now called Motorcycle gear.com
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

Rogue Hawk
08-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Never buy a used helmet. If its old or been in a crash its useless.

Cycle gear has very good prices and have real stores. Bilt and Joe Rocket have good quality and prices.

cyclegear.com

Orange Spyder Man
08-03-2015, 01:15 PM
easy to wash a mesh jacket - remove armor..... soak in a bath tub for 15 minutes with some Woolite... agitate it a few times.. rinse well... hang to dry.. I wash mine often....

osm

ARtraveler
08-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Not a lot of commercial outlets for used. Check for sale ads is your best bet.

I also agree about used helmets and would not buy one of those--unless in the box new--never worn.

Rawhide kid
08-03-2015, 01:21 PM
easy to wash a mesh jacket - remove armor..... soak in a bath tub for 15 minutes with some Woolite... agitate it a few times.. rinse well... hang to dry.. I wash mine often....

osm

agree. That's what I'm looking for. No helmet or icky stuff. Washable, gently used stuff that is half the price of new but just as good. Yes, I'm cheap when need to be. Kids grow so darn fast that I hate to buy new.

Wondered what happened to "new enough". Thanks! And yes, I've been to cycle gear. It's where I got my helmet and some other stuff. Those new mesh jackets are pricey! Love my 14 year old joe rocket jacket.

spydaman60
08-03-2015, 01:24 PM
agree. That's what I'm looking for. No helmet or icky stuff. Washable, gently used stuff that is half the price of new but just as good. Yes, I'm cheap when need to be. Kids grow so darn fast that I hate to buy new.

Wondered what happened to "new enough". Thanks! And yes, I've been to cycle gear. It's where I got my helmet and some other stuff. Those new mesh jackets are pricey! Love my 14 year old joe rocket jacket.many dealers take 50% off on year old designs. 2014 gear in 2015 for instance. just keep an eye open.:thumbup:

blacklightning
08-03-2015, 01:51 PM

Wondered what happened to "new enough". Thanks! And yes, I've been to cycle gear. It's where I got my helmet and some other stuff. Those new mesh jackets are pricey! Love my 14 year old joe rocket jacket.
I order a lot of my stuff from leatherup.com. Their prices are normally better than most, just have to be careful about the size. I have a commercial account and can order from myleather.com. Their prices are even better than leatherup. I normally do a purchase about twice a year. Typically I let the local guys in and get it for them at cost. I would buy for others, but then shipping may take away their savings.

cuznjohn
08-03-2015, 02:21 PM
you could try e bay, i bought a used leather jacket off of there once, BUT NEVER buy used underwear

Rawhide kid
08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
you could try e bay, i bought a used leather jacket off of there once, BUT NEVER buy used underwear

Now you tell me! Sigh...I gotta go change.

oldgoat
08-03-2015, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1016506]If another biker is getting rid of it; do I want to be putting it on? :shocked:
QUOTE]

I would. If it is textile, wash it. Not so sure about leather items though.

oldgoat
08-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Up here we have the site "kijiji"

All manner of used m/c clothes on the Montreal site. Have bought loads of stuff myself including an almost new Nolan flip up helmet for $100.

ARtraveler
08-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Another good idea above--check the local cycle shops for sale stuff. There is always something to be had at 30% off or more here.

Sometimes, you just have to learn to like that fuschia colored leather jacket, or those helmets with the mohawks on them :roflblack::roflblack:

Seriously though, good stuff to be had by checking the bargain racks.

Bob Denman
08-03-2015, 06:18 PM

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112900&stc=1

NautiBrit
08-03-2015, 10:04 PM
The Cycle Gear in Surprise often has 50% off sales as do most of their stores. Check their website or drop by and see the manager's specials.

Rawhide kid
08-03-2015, 10:12 PM
The Cycle Gear in Surprise often has 50% off sales as do most of their stores. Check their website or drop by and see the manager's specials.

Yup. Been there several times now. Thanks!

SpyderAnn01
08-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Maybe you should post a Wanted to Buy thread on the For Sale Forum and put the sizes that you are looking for. I know I have some gently used gear that is taking up space in my closet.

Fjrwillie
08-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Where do y'all shop for used gear, other than the obvious classifieds on SL, Craigslist and eBay? Need to get some gear for my wife and kids. Especially mesh jacket or two.

You can get some pretty good bargains or wicked pissa bahgains (MA talk) at this place

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

I personally would never purchase a used helmet

Willie

Rawhide kid
08-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Maybe you should post a Wanted to Buy thread on the For Sale Forum and put the sizes that you are looking for. I know I have some gently used gear that is taking up space in my closet.

Great idea! Will do so now.