PDA

View Full Version : 2 Great Rides Yesterday, one Nasty and the other Smooth

Bam Bam and Pebbles
08-03-2015, 06:52 AM
It was a beautiful, hot day in central NC yesterday and I was able to get 2 completely different rides in. First ride was with a couple of my work buds. Me on the Beast and they were on their gixxer 1000's. We went to some nice tight curvy roads and just blasted through them. I followed right on the back wheel of one of the ricers while we left the other in the dust. After 15 minutes, we stopped to let my other bud catch up. Then I took the lead and did another 15 minutes on a different road. While waiting again for the one guy to catch up I got the highest compliment from a 2 wheeler I could get. Dude says "Man, you ride that thing nasty. I didnt think 3 wheelers could ride those turns that fast". I just smiled and said "most cant".

That evening, I went out for a nice enjoyable ride with my wife. Rode to Pilot Mtn State Park for a nice picnic dinner. No nasty ridin, just a great ride and evening with my Baby. All in all, 2 great rides.

PrairieSpyder
08-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Isn't it great to surprise the 2-wheel riders with your Spyder's twisty performance?

Chupaca
08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
thought a bit differently from the title....you actually had two great rydes..:2thumbs: must be cause I only know old english...:roflblack::roflblack: nasty is not a good thing...:roflblack:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
08-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Nahhhhh. Nasty is good when when talkin bout the twisties. LOL

ARtraveler
08-03-2015, 01:47 PM
All rides are good. :yes::yes::yes: We managed to get three, one hundred milers in this weekend. Blue Sky, Sun, and 80 degrees. Sorry about that NTA visitors. I tried on the weather. :thumbup:

BajaRon
08-03-2015, 06:14 PM
The Spyder has a pretty bad (and undeserved) reputation in many circles. I had a Harley rider keep pushing my backside on a nice, leisurely day in some mild to less than mild turns. It wasn't a road that you could pass on easily so I picked up the pace and then picked it up again. But he made a point of being right on my rear tire which was on the rude side (IMHO). He kind of set me off a bit but I made a point of getting over as far as I could on a short straight stretch and slowing some so he could get around. I though it somewhat of a courtesy under the circumstance. Mind you, I was not lagging. We were doing 10-15 mph over the speed limit.

He goes roaring by just inches from me when he had plenty of room an no reason to do that and flipped me off with some very rude, easily understood lip reading words for me as he went by.

I guess it didn't sit all that well with me so I decided to ride his tail a bit. Not quite as close as he did me but he got the idea. I think he figured he'd just leave me in the dust. But pretty soon he was over his head in the corners and I wasn't even breathing hard. I know he was a bit surprised that I was still with him as he would turn his head when he got a chance with that look of surprise. Those poor tiny mirrors were vibrating so bad I'm pretty sure he couldn't see a thing from them.

He finally couldn't handle a curve and went wide on it. It really scared him and me. I had no problem keeping my lane but he was not going to cry uncle so I backed off and let him go.

That was not wise on my part and I won't do that again. But it is surprising how many completely underestimate the Spyder.

nightshift357
08-04-2015, 10:05 AM
I totally agree with you. Sooner or later they will learn,the spyder is no joke!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk