PDA

View Full Version : Staying cool in hot weather

Roadster Renovations
08-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Just curious what everyone else does to stay cool. We use oversize denim long sleeve shirts to cover up. Nice billowing riding down the road and blocks the sun. We also bring a gallon of ice cold water in the frunk in a cooler bag filled with ice packs. We each have thermal cups that work well to keep the water nice and cool while riding. It really helps to reduce your core temp. Believe it or not, I use light colored long pants and wool socks with my riding boots. The socks actually keep the heat away from my feet!

garb55
08-02-2015, 10:27 PM
I pretend its raining and feel great :clap:

SpyderAnn01
08-02-2015, 10:45 PM
If I'm on a road trip in the dry climates I wear a textile jacket with a Cool Vest underneath and a 100 oz. Camelbak with icy water. Jeans or mesh riding pants. At home in the heat I wear a mesh jacket and jeans and always have at least one bottle of water on the Spyder. Boots and socks always, always, always and full fingered gloves too.

Chupaca
08-03-2015, 12:05 AM
I wear my Heat Out gear and a cooling neck bandana along with cooler ryding gear...:ohyea::ohyea:

Bfromla
08-03-2015, 01:30 AM
Someone shared this on another thread fyi. Me I keep hydrated as much as possiable & tend to strech my legs walking indoors A/c often. But im in no rush. "Nothing to do all day to get there"(GIT outta my way! :p)

http://entrosys.com/

PaladinLV
08-03-2015, 01:45 AM
Under Armour Tactical Heat long sleeve shirt.
Depending how hot add a Cool Vest under the UA. Carry a 2 gallon plastic bag to refresh vest when I stop for gas.
Khaki jeans, suede desert boots, a chrome helmet to reflect sun off head and blonde light weight deerskin gloves.
Of course water, water, water, more water, and 50-75 sunscreen.

AJ

Just curious what everyone else does to stay cool. We use oversize denim long sleeve shirts to cover up. Nice billowing riding down the road and blocks the sun. We also bring a gallon of ice cold water in the frunk in a cooler bag filled with ice packs. We each have thermal cups that work well to keep the water nice and cool while riding. It really helps to reduce your core temp. Believe it or not, I use light colored long pants and wool socks with my riding boots. The socks actually keep the heat away from my feet!

Bob Denman
08-03-2015, 06:54 AM
We don't get anywhere near that heat, that you guys get to enjoy...
Mesh jackets, modular helmets, Diamond Gusset riding jeans, BRP riding boots...

...and a whole bunch of water in the top trunk! nojoke

Blade
08-03-2015, 07:15 AM
I wear a t-shirt under my mesh jacket. I spray a little water on my t-shirt. It makes the breeze cool lowering my core temp.
I wear jeans or light cortex pants. I wear fingerless gloves to help my hands stay dry as possible and wear white ankle high socks in rawhide boots. And I try to stay hydrate by stopping frequently to drink a cold glass of water. Once I'm in hot weather I don't like to go into an air conditioned facility because it makes me even more hotter when I return to the heat.

I need to get me a cup holder.

Blade

WA5VHU
08-03-2015, 10:40 PM
It may be small but it's a screamer - puts out about as much air as that vacuum cleaner holding up the beach ball.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112924&stc=1

Fjrwillie
08-04-2015, 08:38 AM

A wicking t shirt under a mesh jacket is like having air conditioning (well that might be a bit of an exaggeration) but the mesh allows air flow, the wicking shirt retains the sweat off your body and the wind thru the mesh acts as a cooling agent with the sweat. For women it is perspiration.

Try it you might like it.

Willie

SPYD3R
08-04-2015, 09:02 AM
ON OUR 3 WEEK, X-COUNTRY RIDE LAST MONTH, BOTH FISPYDER & I USED THESE:

http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/CycleGear/web2046380~60744?$MD$

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Cooling-Waterproof-Vest
WITHOUT THEM, I THINK WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HANDLE THE HEAT....
AN AWESOME PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WHEN RIDING IN 90+ DEGREES...
DAN P
SPYD3R F3-S

Gray Ghost
08-04-2015, 05:41 PM
In real hot weather I use one of the cooling vests like Spyd3r posted, mesh jacket. The wife and I both usually wear one of the sun protective light long sleeved shirts like Columbia makes.

bluestratos
08-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I have hi output compact fan mounted on a ram ball that I use in the summer. I am in the process of adding a small electric water pump connected to a 1 gallon reservoir much like a windshield washer set up on a care. The water is misted into the fan via a small brass spray nozzle I built to give me a blast of cool moist air. This will help while moving or stopped, the fan by itself only helps at stops lights and vary little at any speed over 25.

Other than that I usually wet my shirt down and let nature do the cooling lol.