PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good exhaust , Shot Gun exhaust is out .

Edsts
08-02-2015, 10:20 AM
I was ready to order the shot gun exhaust from all things chrome , since i love the loudness , I am :banghead: . since the wife rides the sts more than me , I got shot down very quickly . So no shot gun and i am looking for a good exhaust some thing to make a throaty sound but not as loud as the shot gun.

If i want the shot gun then i would have to go thru a divorce , Still thinking bout it , lol. :clap:

JayBros
08-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I agree with your bride. Do you frequently ride right behind Spyders with a loud exhaust? IMO, it's the worst thing about riding one of these neat machines and I'm half deaf. YMMV

CrossFit
08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I was ready to order the shot gun exhaust from all things chrome , since i love the loudness , I am :banghead: . since the wife rides the sts more than me , I got shot down very quickly . So no shot gun and i am looking for a good exhaust some thing to make a throaty sound but not as loud as the shot gun.

If i want the shot gun then i would have to go thru a divorce , Still thinking bout it , lol. :clap:

I have a two Bro's exhaust I had installed not too long ago for sale. Nothing wrong just too loud for my taste.

Chupaca
08-02-2015, 02:52 PM
you tube has many with sound clips to give you an Idea. I had the Hindle and now have the yoshimura R77 with baffle in. Hard to recommend one cause I have no clue what would be to loud...you could put on the yosh and tell the wife...here is the new pipe and your choices are ... baffle in or baffle out...:roflblack: wear your helmet when you do this...:roflblack:

jcspyder
08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
I just installed a Two Brothers as well. I don't know how it compares to your Shot Gun, but it is fairly loud. Two Brothers makes a couple of "PowerTip" sound diffusers that reduce the db output if it's too loud for you out of the box. I haven't gone that route yet, but may if I get complaints.

900Dave
08-02-2015, 04:43 PM
I have a Two Brothers and I am thinking of selling it. It is the Carbon Fiber M5 and I also have the P1X power tip (baffle). If it were just me I would keep it, but my better half is really not to happy about the noise. I also have primary muffler bypass (CAT Delete) This is also a contibuting factor to sound in my case. There is probably only 500 to 700 miles on it.

danotech
08-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm interested in a cat delete and possibly the two brothers. How much $

danotech
08-02-2015, 05:38 PM
2014 RT by the way

900Dave
08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
2014 RT by the way

The Two Brothers I have will not fit the 2014/15 RT,s. This fits the 2013 thru 2015 RS/ST and the 2013 RT.

whitjim10
08-02-2015, 06:38 PM
my wife and I have the spyder attitude dual we love them I had a two brothers and changed to SPYDER ATTITUDE

NSPYTE
08-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Pricey...but the Akrapovic Sport with both baffles out sounds good and deep not annoying, doesnt set off alarms. I swung by the dealer last saturday and drew a few lookers along with a couple sales guys when we pulled up.

MelloYelloSpyder
08-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Pricey...but the Akrapovic Sport with both baffles out sounds good and deep not annoying, doesnt set off alarms. I swung by the dealer last saturday and drew a few lookers along with a couple sales guys when we pulled up.

I have the Akrapovic exhaust on my 13 STS.... How do you go about removing the baffles? and can you reinstall them if you dont like them out? Will this affect the performance of the bike. As it sits it a bone stock bike. Have not done anything to it other than the new air flow panels

Thanks,

NSPYTE
08-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I have the Akrapovic exhaust on my 13 STS.... How do you go about removing the baffles? and can you reinstall them if you dont like them out? Will this affect the performance of the bike. As it sits it a bone stock bike. Have not done anything to it other than the new air flow panels

Thanks,

There are two rubber plugs on the inside of the carbon fiber tip. Pull both plugs and inside (about an inch) are set screws that can be taken out with a 4mm allen wrench or an 8mm socket (1/4 inch drive works best). Some say they come right out..HOWEVER...mine were both tack welded into place. The top one came our real easy with the socket, so easy i didnt even think it was tack welded until i looked at the screw once it was out. The second one was a bear. I had to grind down the end of my socket to remove the chamfer so it would get onto the screw head to get extra oomph. Take your time. If you drop the screw into the silencer make sure you have a magnet and you can fish it out thru the hole. Been there, done that. Once the screws are out, take vice grips, grab lip of the baffle and pull out. Pretty easy. They can be reinstalled.

You can remove one...or both baffles depending on what you may or may not like.

Some say you might lose a little torque doing this. I noticed that after removing the baffles the bike died a couple times as if the computer was doing a bit of relearning. It hasnt died since. I have a slight stumble if i hammer on the throttle from a dead stop but had the dealer look at it on my first service. He thinks its the fly by wire throttle lag.

I wish someone would make a true tuner for these things where you can download the stock tune and upload a performance one. I had one on my Mustang GT and have one on my Powerstroke and its an amazing difference. Oh well...

Good luck and enjoy.

Edsts
08-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Doing this mod , will this increase any more power , also do i need to get a PC with this mod.

900Dave
08-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Doing this mod , will this increase any more power , also do i need to get a PC with this mod.

some do and some do not use a fuel controller. I did not it seemed to run good with out, and I also have the CAT delete. I have recently put the stock muffler back on and I do think it runs even better than it did with the 2 bros installed.

PM me if you are interested in my Two Brothers. It is Carbon Fiber and there is only about 500 miles on it.