PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Ryders Of Amercia " OPTION " Chapter Name

robr32
08-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Hello All,
Now that we have the required items to form a chapter here in Arizona ( There can be MORE thane ONE chapter in the state ), I would like to throw some names out there and ask for assistance :-)
I figured I would let the poll run for a week ( I will end it on Sat 8/8/2015 ) & we would go with the one with the most votes

If you have a different name you like, please post that and if " IT " has the most votes we will go with that :-)

BTW, Sonoran Desert is in ABOUT the middle of Phoenix, Tucson & Yuma :-)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112802&stc=1

I am going with Spyder Ryders Of America Sonoran Desert Chapter

Thank You :-)

Bob..

Rawhide kid
08-01-2015, 11:08 PM
i voted. Thanks Bob!

robr32
08-01-2015, 11:10 PM
i voted. Thanks Bob!

I like Superstition also! :agree:

Chupaca
08-01-2015, 11:14 PM
threeway tie...like the painted desert one , much nicer than the city name we have...:ohyea::ohyea:good luck...

robr32
08-01-2015, 11:26 PM
threeway tie...like the painted desert one , much nicer than the city name we have...:ohyea::ohyea:good luck...

I LOVE your icon Chupaca, every time I see it it makes me smile :bowdown:

robr32
08-03-2015, 10:32 AM
( 4 ) Way Tie, 8/3/2015 This Afternoon

Central, Arizona

Superstition

Painted Desert

Sonoran Desert

If we are still in a tie the evening of Fri 8/7/2015, I will pick the name :spyder:

robr32
08-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Be SURE To VOTE If You Have Not Already By Friday Evening :ohyea:

Thank You All,

Bob..

robr32
08-07-2015, 09:08 AM
We will have the chapter's NAME this Evening !! :2excited:

Pampurrs
08-07-2015, 11:43 AM
( 4 ) Way Tie, 8/3/2015 This Afternoon

Central, Arizona

Superstition

Painted Desert

Sonoran Desert

If we are still in a tie the evening of Fri 8/7/2015, I will pick the name :spyder:

I prefer Superstition

Pam

Rawhide kid
08-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I agree. Superstition. If my opinion matters at all.....:)

PaladinLV
08-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Being a member of Mojave Desert Chapter - my vote maybe tainted!!! :p

Voted for Sonoran :)

AJ

Hello All,
Now that we have the required items to form a chapter here in Arizona ( There can be MORE thane ONE chapter in the state ), I would like to throw some names out there and ask for assistance :-)
I figured I would let the poll run for a week ( I will end it on Sat 8/8/2015 ) & we would go with the one with the most votes

If you have a different name you like, please post that and if " IT " has the most votes we will go with that :-)

BTW, Sonoran Desert is in ABOUT the middle of Phoenix, Tucson & Yuma :-)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112802&stc=1

I am going with Spyder Ryders Of America Sonoran Desert Chapter

Thank You :-)

Bob..

robr32
08-07-2015, 03:53 PM
I prefer Superstition

Pam

Sonoran Desert is in the lead...
I have a plan :-)

robr32
08-07-2015, 03:54 PM
I agree. Superstition. If my opinion matters at all.....:)

Sonoran Desert is in the lead...
I have a plan :-)

robr32
08-08-2015, 12:44 AM
The Spyder Ryders of America™ - Superstitions Chapter :yes:

jaherbst
08-08-2015, 10:54 AM
The Spyder Ryders of America™ - Superstitions Chapter :yes:

Superstitions are in Pheonix. Just as I thought, another PHX club! I am disappointed. Would have thought Sonoron would have included all of us and not just another "club from the valley". Thanks but no thanks!

Jack

Pampurrs
08-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Superstitions are in Pheonix. Just as I thought, another PHX club! I am disappointed. Would have thought Sonoron would have included all of us and not just another "club from the valley". Thanks but no thanks!

Jack

I live 50 miles southeast of Phoenix, and I'm not the least bit offended by the name. It's only a name after all :dontknow:

robr32
08-08-2015, 07:33 PM

Jack

WoW,
I am sorry you feel that way Jack :opps:, never meant for ANYONE to FEEL like they were being excluded by what the chapter ended up being named
I said if the names came in as a TIE, that " I " would pick the name...which I did

Superstitions had ( 5 ) votes
Sonoron Desert had ( 6 ) votes

If you look PaladinLV voted for Sonoron Desert, but he is not located in Arizona

So ==> Superstitions & Sonoron Desert BOTH had ( 5 ) votes each, I picked Superstitions

Again, I am sorry...

Bob..

jaherbst
08-08-2015, 09:33 PM
WoW,
I am sorry you feel that way Jack :opps:, never meant for ANYONE to FEEL like they were being excluded by what the chapter ended up being named
I said if the names came in as a TIE, that " I " would pick the name...which I did

If you look PaladinLV voted for Sonoron Desert, but he is not located in Arizona

So ==> Superstitions & Sonoron Desert BOTH had ( 5 ) votes each, I picked Superstitions

Again, I am sorry...

Bob..

Your own graph shows Sonoran 31.58 and Superstion 26.32????? It was obviously the most popular name and hardly defined an area ie Superstition.I was originally interested but I must say localizing the name to the PHX area is a turnoff by a lot of us who live a long way from the PHX area.
I commend you for starting a chapter but now don,t feel that I would really be comfortable with superstition to represent the whole state per sa with a localized name representing PHX.

Jack

NautiBrit
08-08-2015, 09:40 PM
The Superstitions are not in Phoenix, the closest town being Apache Junction. If the name conjures up visions of Phoenix, then I can understand the angst, but for me, I don't see it.

3 Wheel Rider
08-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Not sure if it is too late but I vote... Sonoran Desert

Rawhide kid
08-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Rob- I highly commend you for making this as fair and logical as possible. You explained yourself and now need to let it go. I'm shocked that someone could be offended by a name like this, but I guess that's the world we live in now. This should be a fun organization and I look forward to it. Those with overly sensitive personalities, well, perhaps it's best they look elsewhere. No worries. Let's move on. Let me know how I can help. Happy to do so. I'd rather help and contribute than complain about very trivial things.

robr32
08-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Your own graph shows Sonoran 31.58 and Superstion 26.32????? It was obviously the most popular name and hardly defined an area ie Superstition.I was originally interested but I must say localizing the name to the PHX area is a turnoff by a lot of us who live a long way from the PHX area.
I commend you for starting a chapter but now don,t feel that I would really be comfortable with superstition to represent the whole state per sa with a localized name representing PHX.

Jack

Well. not to :bdh:

But, I am sorry that " THIS " chapter does not seem to be able to work out for you Jack :opps:

But maybe if you are able to get ( 5 ) people together in the Tucson area you could start a " Southern Arizona " chapter :D

Here is the info page:

http://www.spyderryderofamerica.com/start-a-chapter/

PaladinLV
08-09-2015, 01:04 AM
WOW!
Sorry about voting.
But you did say, "Hello All" :)

AJ

WoW,

Again, I am sorry...

Bob..

robr32
08-09-2015, 03:04 AM
WOW!
Sorry about voting.
But you did say, "Hello All" :)

AJ

No Worries My Friend :cheers:
I also do not think we will have a issue with people being a member of more than one chapter, in fact Ken Miller & I had talked about it last weekend :D

BTW, How do you like your CAT bypass?
I think that will be my next " mod ", does it cut down on the HEAT quite abit??

Thanks again :-)

jaherbst
08-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Well. not to :bdh:

But, I am sorry that " THIS " chapter does not seem to be able to work out for you Jack :opps:

But maybe if you are able to get ( 5 ) people together in the Tucson area you could start a " Southern Arizona " chapter :D

Here is the info page:

http://www.spyderryderofamerica.com/start-a-chapter/

Well originally it was said that this was going to include everyone in AZ. (Everyone welcome) Just as I stated in post 15 (looks like this is going to be another PHX group) it has come to pass.

Rawhide kid
08-09-2015, 01:15 PM
A name does not totally define the geographic focus of an organization. Its members do. Geesh. Sick of the whining.

robr32
08-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Well originally it was said that this was going to include everyone in AZ. (Everyone welcome) Just as I stated in post 15 (looks like this is going to be another PHX group) it has come to pass.

It Is OPEN to ANYONE statewide

The CHAPTER name CANNOT be STATEWIDE

I.E. Spyder Ryders Of America - ARIZONA Chapter

From Ken Miller, Once Again:
" Cannot be state wide because you can't service the entire state "
We use either a city, range of mountains,a regional the area for a name

Also, Ken just e-mailed me ( 08/09/2015 ) & told me this => There is another Arizona group that is thinking about being called Southern Arizona chapter :yikes:
So maybe things are looking up for a chapter in YOUR AREA

robr32
08-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Thanks Bob

Very glad to hear from you, the chapter name is approved and the meet up group ( http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-of-America-Superstitions-Chapter/ ) is approved

Kenneth Miller

SRA Executive Director
---------------------------------------

Oh Yea, OOHH YYEEAA :congrats: ALL !!!

Bob...

Pampurrs
08-09-2015, 06:25 PM
A name does not totally define the geographic focus of an organization. Its members do. Geesh. Sick of the whining.
:agree: Let's just ride and enjoy. What difference does it make if the name is synonymous with Tucson, or Phoenix or Sedona or Overgaard. It's a STATEWIDE group.

Pam

Pampurrs
08-09-2015, 06:29 PM

It's only a Phoenix group if someone chooses to view it as such. As far as I know, and based on what the others have posted, this is a state of Arizona group.

Pam