PDA

View Full Version : speaker setup for 2008 GS

obiwanbill
07-31-2015, 10:13 PM
I have a 2008 GS SE5. Have seen music setup with speakers molded to sides of instrument pod and speaker shells bolded to sides or to mirror stalks. Usually a 100 watt amp that a MP3 player attaches to with cheap arse 4 watt speakers that blow up/crack within a week. Hear of set ups for less than $100, but can only find the $300-500 set ups on internet so far. Help

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-31-2015, 10:56 PM
I have a 2008 GS SE5. Have seen music setup with speakers molded to sides of instrument pod and speaker shells bolded to sides or to mirror stalks. Usually a 100 watt amp that a MP3 player attaches to with cheap arse 4 watt speakers that blow up/crack within a week. Hear of set ups for less than $100, but can only find the $300-500 set ups on internet so far. Help

Someone else just asked about similar.......Shark Audio ( advertises a lot on E-bay ) sells some 600 + watt set-ups that have FM ( but not good without a better ant. ) but great for an MP-3 ( which is what I did with mine )......be sure to get one with THE WIRED REMOTE CONTROL , not all have this option.....the AMP is very small , I put mine in the area on the right side above the frunk under the hood ( 08 GS )......you will have to mount the PODS somewhere ....I mounted mine to the windshield...............and YES the speakers aren't great but I swapped them for JBL GTO 350's which really made them terrific.......Mike :thumbup:

Sempyder
08-01-2015, 12:32 AM
I would contact Dan Am, or just go buy a JL audio slam pak.

Sempert out,

obiwanbill
06-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Someone else just asked about similar.......Shark Audio ( advertises a lot on E-bay ) sells some 600 + watt set-ups that have FM ( but not good without a better ant. ) but great for an MP-3 ( which is what I did with mine )......be sure to get one with THE WIRED REMOTE CONTROL , not all have this option.....the AMP is very small , I put mine in the area on the right side above the frunk under the hood ( 08 GS )......you will have to mount the PODS somewhere ....I mounted mine to the windshield...............and YES the speakers aren't great but I swapped them for JBL GTO 350's which really made them terrific.......Mike :thumbup:

I found your reply...I put my question on two areas to try to get seen to get a reply:thumbup: peace brother

SPYDERGUY1
06-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Wow, a long time ago I posted info and beleive pics for individuals. I have a wireless remote Alpine deck mounted in the frunk and DWG water proof speakers mounted on the mirror stalks, been running with it like that since 08 , still works GREAT, even able to stuff 2 helmuts in there. I was questioned numerous on that one, but it works.

Bfromla
06-05-2016, 04:13 AM
:dontknow:Why not skip the speakers & amp ,just get a SENA from Dave & Bluetooth your music & bonus you have coms if you want later:thumbup: