PDA

View Full Version : I betcha!

Madrebel
07-31-2015, 08:40 PM
I betcha somewhere, sometime today there were two Can Am engineers reading the unveil posts on this forum and the following comment was made :
"See, I told you they'd be pissed!"
:roflblack:

Centurion
07-31-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't see the big deal. The F3 looked nice to me but I wasn't in the market for one. Did anyone expect the whole 2016 lineup to be unveiled?

Bob Denman
07-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Based upon the amount of Press that this "Big Event" was getting; I was certainly expecting a lot more...
So, :agree:

ARtraveler
07-31-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't see the big deal. The F3 looked nice to me but I wasn't in the market for one. Did anyone expect the whole 2016 lineup to be unveiled?

The original version of the announcement said that they would be unveiling ONE product from the 2016 lineup.

I think most of us were expecting more than just a paint job on something that is now not New.

Guessing that is what all the bru ha ha is about.

JerryB
08-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Hi Madrebel,

Re: there were two Can Am engineers reading

I would bet that it is two sales people; I cannot imagine an engineer considering that a 'new' Spyder.

Jerry Baumchen
Mech. Engr.

Bob Denman
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Do you want to know what I think that they were saying to each other?
":shocked: So this is what tongue-kissing your own sister tastes like..." :yikes::barf:

Madrebel
08-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Do you want to know what I think that they were saying to each other?
":shocked: So this is what tongue-kissing your own sister tastes like..." :yikes::barf:

:roflblack:

SPYD3R
08-01-2015, 07:48 PM
BRP will capture my interest when they offer an 1800 or larger 'cc' engine...
i now have the 1330 F3-S, and love it.... but it's all about "cc's"....
come on BRP, listen up... we want POWER....... and MORE IS BETTER...
a nice horizontal 6, 2100 cc ROTAX would be AWESOME..... :bowdown:
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S

Chupaca
08-01-2015, 07:58 PM
they were watching from the moment the first tweet, facebook or whatever went out and loving it...I am sure they got what they wanted out of all this...:thumbup: we did not...:banghead:

jaherbst
08-01-2015, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=SPYD3R;1015820]BRP will capture my interest when they offer an 1800 or larger 'cc' engine...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S[/QUOTE

Power? Who needs more power? What I need is Air Conditioning!

​Jack

ARtraveler
08-01-2015, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=SPYD3R;1015820]BRP will capture my interest when they offer an 1800 or larger 'cc' engine...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S[/QUOTE

​Jack

Take off the helmet and enjoy the open air. Just kidding, but the helmet thread is still fresh in my mind. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
08-01-2015, 08:26 PM
BRP will capture my interest when they offer an 1800 or larger 'cc' engine...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S

Me too!!!!! More power Scotty--give us warp 1800 and 6 cylinders. That would also turn my crank one more time.

Bob Denman
08-02-2015, 07:12 AM
:shocked: :crackpipe:
I guess it's just the "Olphartery" acting up again... :banghead:

What makes you think that "more power"; is the solution to every question? :dontknow:

cptjam
08-02-2015, 08:36 AM

What makes you think that "more power"; is the solution to every question? :dontknow:

When ANY econobox car can croak your Spyder in any traffic situation; stoplights, merging, passing.....yes, more power is the answer! When it looks sexy and fast, and is not; Yes, more power! When the company has a fleet of vehicles that use engines that are bigger and better, and could easily put one in a Spyder, Yes, more power! That 4 x 4 engine that cranks out 131 HP would do to start! Turbo or supercharger? They have them. Looking forward to more engineering breakthroughs in the future. Joe

Bob Denman
08-02-2015, 08:50 AM
An econobox?? :yikes:
It hasn't happened up here... :thumbup:
Let's face it:
BRP could probably put all of us on top of 300 horsepower tire-shredders. :D
...With the life expectancy of the typical top-fueler. :shocked:
They are trying to balance to opposing priorities of power, fuel consumption, engine life, rideability, (How many of us do you think could actually USE that power?), the cost of upgraded parts to handle power increases, traction and stability issues...
Try putting all of that in your back-pack, and walk a mile... nojoke

larryd
08-02-2015, 08:55 AM
A few weeks ago when BRP posted about the correct amount of oil needed for an oil change on all the 1330 engines there was a quote from the BRP poster that said; "AS OF NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE 1330 engine"...Which made me read between the lines that there may be something in the works??? Did anyone else pick up on this??? :dontknow: larryd

AY4B
08-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R F3-S[/QUOTE

​Jack
A seat cooler would be nice. Or maybe they throw in a space suit.
My truck had Air conditioned seats:dg1:

ARtraveler
08-02-2015, 12:36 PM

No crackpipe here. My reference was specifically towards a Gold Wing type engine. Tried, true, and the standard that most touring bikes have tried to emulate.

Power is not the solution to every question--but I do think it is a big consideration for the future. The 1330 went a long way--but it still underpowered compared to the Wing.

BRP would probably make a good marketing ploy if they put such an engine in the Spyder. They would sell a whole bunch of Spyders.

Bob Denman
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
A few weeks ago when BRP posted about the correct amount of oil needed for an oil change on all the 1330 engines there was a quote from the BRP poster that said; "AS OF NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE 1330 engine"...Which made me read between the lines that there may be something in the works??? Did anyone else pick up on this??? :dontknow: larryd

I wouldn't read much into that statement; it could have just been wishful thinking... :banghead:

...Or divine insight??? :D :2thumbs:

ScreaminMeanie
08-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I like HP and torque as much as the next person, but I've never felt the 998 is underpowered. So I guess I don't really care what size motor the thing has. I *would* however LOVE to see an AWD version with all-season tires. If it had A/C, too, I'd be able to get rid of my truck. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-02-2015, 05:14 PM
If it had AC also; you might just as well be in your truck... :D

They actually have a viable platform (engine, transmission and suspension), that could be the basis for this...
The Commander 1000! :thumbup: