DriftersWay
07-31-2015, 03:29 PM
I know that when a Harley gets a DESS codes they can hit a
sequence of buttons to start the bike. Does anyone know if
you can do the same with the Spyder

Thanks Butch

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-31-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't see why not.....Have you tried and it didn't start............Even if you have the " dreaded " LIMP MODE the bike still starts and runs ( slowly )......Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-31-2015, 05:13 PM
The only series of buttons that you can push to start the Spyder are the mode, engine cutoff and the starter button. Are you talking about getting error codes? If so then you push the mode, set and turn signal cancel buttons at the same time.

Deanna777
07-31-2015, 05:18 PM
Butch,

Look @ the post that I started about the "DESS KEY CODE PICTURES ON A 2014 RTS-SE6" I started the thread on 7/12/15. I did have the DESS key code show on my spyder( luckily I was at home when I got the DESS key code) it did not start.

The dealership replaced the DESS module and reprogramed both keys, and it is under warranty.

Do you have any warranty left on your spyder? I did not use the RECC ( roadster electronic command center). Some one else might be able to help. Deanna

Bob Denman
07-31-2015, 05:33 PM
:shocked: Sorry; there's no "magic sequence" of button-pushing, that'll get you out of this sort of trouble... :banghead:

Chupaca
07-31-2015, 05:45 PM
anyone knowing that sequence of buttons can start the Harleys..?? :yikes: painfully annoying but nice to know if I can't start my spyder....no one can..:thumbup: but as mentioned as far as anyone knows there is no button patteren to bypass the DESS system. Must be why it is the Digitally encoded security system...:hun:

DriftersWay
07-31-2015, 06:10 PM
Butch,

Look @ the post that I started about the "DESS KEY CODE PICTURES ON A 2014 RTS-SE6" I started the thread on 7/12/15. I did have the DESS key code show on my spyder( luckily I was at home when I got the DESS key code) it did not start.

The dealership replaced the DESS module and reprogramed both keys, and it is under warranty.

Do you have any warranty left on your spyder? I did not use the RECC ( roadster electronic command center). Some one else might be able to help. Deanna

I did read your post and shortly after I started getting it. Bike goes in Tues.
I was just wondering about the button trick. :)