PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon Sway Bar needed on 2014?

Cognac
07-30-2015, 10:14 PM
I read a lot about how much the BajaRon helps the 2013 ST. Is the 2014 improved as is or are the sway bars still just as important? Anybody put them on a 2014ST? Did it make a big difference?

Tazzel
07-30-2015, 10:57 PM
yes

Pirate looks at --
07-31-2015, 12:14 AM
Yes

toliverh
07-31-2015, 09:00 AM
I asked the same question and without a definitive answer recently install Baja Ron's on my 2014 RT Limited. One up I noticed little difference in the feel of the bike and wondered if I had wasted the money. That was until I noticed that, while the bike felt the same - surefooted and stable, I noticed that I was taking the turns significantly faster. Then the real confirmation came when the rear admiral mentioned how much better the bike felt in the turns - not having to hold on for dear life on our country roads. So I would say the bars make a subtle but measurable difference.

kbwitt
07-31-2015, 09:17 AM
I read a lot about how much the BajaRon helps the 2013 ST. Is the 2014 improved as is or are the sway bars still just as important? Anybody put them on a 2014ST? Did it make a big difference?
This is one item the manufactore should take notice of and change. Makes foramuch better ride.
Do not hesitate it will make a huge difference.
Kenn

jaherbst
07-31-2015, 09:26 AM
Probably not necessary if riding solo on the 14 and 15. If riding two up or you are heavy, yes it does help. Bar does not have the drastic effect it had on the 2013 and prior RT. 2014 and later have a completely different front end suspension and also an enhanced sway bar.

Jack

The Bee!!
07-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Probably not necessary if riding solo on the 14 and 15. If riding two up or you are heavy, yes it does help. Bar does not have the drastic effect it had on the 2013 and prior RT. 2014 and later have a completely different front end suspension and also an enhanced sway bar.

Jack

I don't know about riding two up. But the sway bar made a huge difference on my 2014 rt s. And I ride solo... Highly recommended them.

Big F
07-31-2015, 11:06 AM

Jack

We (2 up) just got back from riding all over the Black Hills (Needles Hwy, Iron Mtn. Road, Spearfish Canyon, Nemo Road and all others) with my 2014RT Limited and I do NOT have the overpriced sway bar and DID NOT have any problems negotiating all of the turns etc...
and I kept up with two Spyders that had the bar????
Just an FYI.
BIG F

spyderbirds
07-31-2015, 11:54 AM
We have the BajaRon anti-sway bar on both the 2010 RT and the 2013 ST and it made a very noticeable improvement in both.
Its not a matter of being able to negotiate a turn or keep up, but the comfort factor and secure feeling when doing so.
All in all it is the best value for the dollar of any item I have done on the spyders, Not at all overpriced in my opinion.
Don't like my opinion, use your own...

AY4B
07-31-2015, 04:28 PM
I got one and Yes It made a big difference. You will gain a lot mire confidence on the turns and twisties.:thumbup:also make it a piont to get the heim links. When you see those cheap ones that are on the spyder, you will wonder why they did that. They look like something that came out of a cracker jack box.

jaherbst
07-31-2015, 08:28 PM
We (2 up) just got back from riding all over the Black Hills (Needles Hwy, Iron Mtn. Road, Spearfish Canyon, Nemo Road and all others) with my 2014RT Limited and I do NOT have the overpriced sway bar and DID NOT have any problems negotiating all of the turns etc...
and I kept up with two Spyders that had the bar????
Just an FYI.
BIG F

I guess my wife cast's a taller shadow than yours!:D

Jack