PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in Radiator

Semperfi66
07-30-2015, 03:44 PM
2015 RT Limited
How do you get to the radiator to get the bugs out that made it past the screen? Thanks

Highwayman2013
07-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Take off the frunk.

ceyer69
07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
I thought I read a post somewhere about using an air compressor from the backside and blowing them forward.

2015 RT Limited
How do you get to the radiator to get the bugs out that made it past the screen? Thanks

Orange Spyder Man
07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
use water to soften the bugs... (hose).. wet the bugs down again in 5 minutes... then again in another 5 minutes... then take a water hose using a spray nozzle.. it should remove most bugs...

osm

JayBros
07-30-2015, 04:09 PM
After you debug your Spyder go to Spyderpops web site and split for a pair of KOTT Grilles. I have 9,500+ miles on my '14 RT-S and not a single bug has made it to the radiators. No bugs on the right side BRP screen and just a couple on the left side. To get those critters off you just pop off the KOTT Grille and brush 'em off the screen. They look very professional too IMO.

Bob Denman
07-30-2015, 05:07 PM
:shocked: No KOTTS on my bike, and the radiators were just about full of the nasty little vermin! nojoke
I don't know how the bike managed to run as cool as it did (and does).
Water, a soft cloth, and some elbow grease; managed to evict them! :thumbup:

Semperfi66
07-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I will soak them with hot water then try and flush them out from the other side. I was hoping there was an easy way to remove the stock screens.

grumpybob
07-30-2015, 05:26 PM
use water to soften the bugs... (hose).. wet the bugs down again in 5 minutes... then again in another 5 minutes... then take a water hose using a spray nozzle.. it should remove most bugs...

osm :agree:, works for me.

Xyzzy
07-30-2015, 08:52 PM
1) Put some hydrogen peroxide in an opaque squirt bottle.
2) Spray the bugs.
3) Wait a few minutes.
4) Rinse with hose water.

garb55
07-30-2015, 09:32 PM
1) Put some hydrogen peroxide in an opaque squirt bottle.
2) Spray the bugs.
3) Wait a few minutes.
4) Rinse with hose water.

Never heard of using hydrogen peroxide before. I will have to try it thanks
At least I know the :f_spider: will not get an infection :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I will soak them with hot water then try and flush them out from the other side. I was hoping there was an easy way to remove the stock screens.

I did remove mine, but it wasn't pretty....I finally just cut them out......To correctly remove them you pretty much have disassemble every piece of the FRUNK to get at the bolts....because most of them face away from you after you have the frunk off, and you have no access to the heads....Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-31-2015, 06:59 AM
Never heard of using hydrogen peroxide before. I will have to try it thanks
At least I know the :f_spider: will not get an infection :roflblack:

:agree: That's a nice-sounding idea! :clap: :thumbup:

SPYD3R
07-31-2015, 07:23 AM
BUGS? WHAT BUGS???
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112665&stc=1
:roflblack:

as stated before... water, water and pressure via air or water...
dp

Bob Denman
07-31-2015, 07:38 AM
:congrats: Every one that you kill... is one less that's going mess up my windshield! :shocked:

azcpl85711
07-31-2015, 07:47 AM
I have always left mine there. I thought Spyders like bugs.

KJWEB
07-31-2015, 08:37 AM
My Spyder likes flies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkGI4tr8f8&feature=youtu.be

vondalyn
07-31-2015, 09:04 AM
The F3 is harder to clean the my RT.... I got to Deadwood with my grill looking like this.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112668&stc=1
I sacrificed a toothbrush and a good hour and a half trying to get them out, but they were still soft and bendy, so I couldn't get them all. When I got home, I made another attempt at getting them, but there are still parts left in the grill. I think I'll have to take the frunk basket out to get them, but when I tried to do that in Deadwood, it got hung up on the power outlet that is installed in there. Since my dealership installed all my power outlets, I'm not familiar with how to make that work. I think we might have to pull the outlet into the frunk and then disconnect it and then we can remove the frunk basket? Until I can figure that out, I'm stuck with some remaining parts. GROSS!

SPYD3R
07-31-2015, 06:17 PM
The F3 is harder to clean the my RT.... I got to Deadwood with my grill looking like this.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112668&stc=1
I sacrificed a toothbrush and a good hour and a half trying to get them out, but they were still soft and bendy, so I couldn't get them all. When I got home, I made another attempt at getting them, but there are still parts left in the grill. I think I'll have to take the frunk basket out to get them, but when I tried to do that in Deadwood, it got hung up on the power outlet that is installed in there. Since my dealership installed all my power outlets, I'm not familiar with how to make that work. I think we might have to pull the outlet into the frunk and then disconnect it and then we can remove the frunk basket? Until I can figure that out, I'm stuck with some remaining parts. GROSS!

Von...
no need 2 take da 'bucket' out....
there r 4 skruz in each corner of your grill... remove those, wash u'r grill out with u'r garden hose, clean out the inside b'hind da grill, n reinstall da grill... very fast n simple...
dp

JerryB
07-31-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: is one less that's going mess up my windshield!

A few years ago I read where a female mosquito ( the ones that bite ) will travel up to 50 miles one-way to get blood to feed their young.

nojoke

Jerry Baumchen

Brogers57
07-31-2015, 08:17 PM
I've not had too much of a bug problem yet. Thought about the KNOTT grills but I would like to try my 225mph leaf blower and some water! One may try compressed air would be easy to get the straw back there but that could be somewhat expensive after a while.

AMTJIM
08-01-2015, 10:09 AM
A toilet brush or some similar rigid brush...not the one already being used in the house or your van down by the river.