PDA

View Full Version : Hinge Upgrade - do they work?

Roadster Renovations
07-28-2015, 07:51 PM
I repair my broken hinge assy. Sorry video is so dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ULzDPrzZzI

pitzerwm
07-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Trade this video with the 7 minute one, this one is pretty useless. When it ended the 7 minute one showed up, but might not always. Send a kit to Finless, he makes great videos.

Roadster Renovations
07-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Trade this video with the 7 minute one, this one is pretty useless. When it ended the 7 minute one showed up, but might not always. Send a kit to Finless, he makes great videos.
Yeah, I need to reshoot it......

Roadster Renovations
07-29-2015, 02:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIuIT3jKiUA&feature=youtu.be

At least the instructions came out nice

Bob Denman
07-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Thanks, Doc!
Now that I've seen the installation; it makes PERFECT sense!! :clap:
I'll start on mine tonight, and report back tomorrow! :thumbup:

JerryB
07-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi Doc,

Re: Hinge Upgrade

I'm just a lurker on this issue; but: Fantastic

American innovation at its finest.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) However, let us not forget: This is not a BRP-approved modification or option. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-29-2015, 01:47 PM
:shocked: Are you saying that if my radio quits working; they'll invalidate the warranty??? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112510&stc=1

Bob Denman
07-29-2015, 06:31 PM
After watching the video about forty-eleven time; I folded my table tray, and returned my seat to it's upright position. I was ready for flight! :2thumbs:

And these kits are about as "Bob-Proof" as anything that I've ever seen! Pop out one bolt, hang a bracket on a bolt from the kit, and you're almost halfway home! :shocked:
Thank goodness for Vise-grips; I did have to bend the spring clips a fair amount, in order for some light contact to occur.
The toughest part? Getting the second bolt to start, while the first one is still a bit loose... The backing plate kept wanting to shift. After a minor string of cuss-words; they fell into place! :thumbup:

I've got all four of the spring clips in place; the backers will get tackled tomorrow!
This is a kit that tackles a problem, and tackles it for a real loss! It's a "must buy"! :clap:

Pirate looks at --
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
...........what is the problem?:dontknow:

JerryB
07-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: After a minor string of cuss-words; they fell into place!

That usually works for me. :yes:

Re: the backers will get tackled tomorrow!

One never wants to overwork oneself when making changes with unknown results.

:yikes:

Jerry Baumchen

finless
07-29-2015, 07:17 PM

I did offer to do it..... People tend to like voice explanations of what to do and what your watching.....

Offer is still open Doc...

Bob

Roadster Renovations
07-29-2015, 09:50 PM
I did offer to do it..... People tend to like voice explanations of what to do and what your watching.....

Offer is still open Doc...

Bob

We may have to, Bob. I like the sound of your voice better than mine! :opps::yikes:

Bob Denman
07-30-2015, 06:52 AM
:shocked: I have a voice made for silent movies...
...And a face made for radio! nojoke

Doc,
Let the "Smart Bob" do your voiceover! :thumbup: