PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of a motorcycle accident

Rogue Hawk
07-28-2015, 01:30 PM
This is an interesting article where they analyze motorcycle accident scenarios. The high side crash does apply to Spyders, so it is applicable.

Also note that I post this as a fyi, I don't criticize people for there gear configuration and I am not looking to convince anyone of anything. You can make up your own minds, you don't need me. I just share my research.

http://www.helibikes.co.uk/anatomyofmotorcy.html

wyliec
07-28-2015, 01:41 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing articles. But, you seem to be fixated on having an accident.

I'm fixated on something too; but, it is on living to the fullest.

Bob Denman
07-28-2015, 02:49 PM
:agree: Look where you want to go; the same as driving or riding. :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
07-28-2015, 08:39 PM
:agree: Look where you want to go; the same as driving or riding. :thumbup:

:agree: ALWAYS look to where you want to GO, not to where you ARE. Learned that in the basic motorcycle course several decades ago. Still relevant today. I've only crashed once, (in 1976) but it taught me a lesson. I then took the basic motorcycle course & learned a lot. Seems to me that those guys either didn't take the course, or didn't learn anything from it.

Rogue Hawk
07-28-2015, 11:14 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing articles. But, you seem to be fixated on having an accident.

I'm fixated on something too; but, it is on living to the fullest.

Not really, I just put on my gear and go riding. I am not worried about an accident, I am prepared.