PDA

View Full Version : Sena 20S Question What am I missing?

idahospyder1
07-26-2015, 08:09 PM
My wife and I have used the Sena20's for the past month pretty steady. One thing we can't seem to figure out is how to adjust the intercom volume to either the bluetooth volume streaming from the SM10 through the bike and ipod, or even a phone call. The intercom volume can be fine, but the music is too loud. You turn the music down and can't hear the intercom. :banghead:

What am I missing here?:banghead:

SpyderAnn01
07-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Casey, I believe that you have to adjust the volume on each of the settings separately. If all else fails, do a factory reset. You will have to pair to your devices again and likely to each other but it usually fixes things.

Mine are going back to Sena tomorrow, I am really hoping that they issue a refund instead of sending me new ones.

Darren111
07-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Casey, I believe that you have to adjust the volume on each of the settings separately. If all else fails, do a factory reset. You will have to pair to your devices again and likely to each other but it usually fixes things.

Mine are going back to Sena tomorrow, I am really hoping that they issue a refund instead of sending me new ones.
Why are you taking yours back? I am planning to buy the 20s purely to listen to music from a mp3 player.

WA5VHU
07-27-2015, 01:12 PM
The wife and I use the 20s and have no problems however the other day I was in the menu on the unit to change a setting and ran across the "audio boost" setting or something like that. Thinking it would make the music louder I enabled it and I didn't really notice that the music played louder however it seemed I could no longer set the source volumes independently. Adjusting the music volume also changed the intercom volume. I went back in and disabled it and things went back to normal.

Just to be sure, you have to set each source volume while listening to that source. First power the unit on and then adjust the 20s prompts to your desired level. Then start your music and set its volume, then connect with your partner and set that volume while they give you a 10 count. Works fine for us every time.

Check the "audio boost" setting and disable it and if issues persist do the "reset to factory default settings", which you also have to do each time you install new firmware.

Charles

BikerDoc
07-27-2015, 02:33 PM

What is wrong with yours??

flaggerphil
07-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Punctuation is your friend...