PDA

View Full Version : Create a new topic area for "Emergencies"

Brentc
07-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Would there be any merit in creating a new topic area " For emergencies only" that people could use if they were stranded, couldn't get their bike started, out of gas etc..... If so and this forum could be made one of the ones you could subscribe to on the "Tapatalk" app I could see that being a very useful tool for all of us to help and be helped in those rare but inevitable situations.

ARtraveler
07-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Would there be any merit in creating a new topic area " For emergencies only" that people could use if they were stranded, couldn't get their bike started, out of gas etc..... If so and this forum could be made one of the ones you could subscribe to on the "Tapatalk" app I could see that being a very useful tool for all of us to help and be helped in those rare but inevitable situations.

Worth thinking about--but that will ultimately be up to the site administrator.

I do note, that emergency posts are usually answered within minutes of the original post, even without a special slot to put them in.

robmorg
07-26-2015, 07:36 PM
:agree: The problem with a special section would be... How many folks are going to monitor it? Emergencies list in the "General Discussion" section usually get answered fairly quickly - especially when the poster puts "EMERGENCY" or "URGENT" in the thread title.

Chupaca
07-26-2015, 08:07 PM
get the app...:lecturef_smilie: spyder codes (androids) my spyder (apple). There is a wealth of information there that can help including "spyders to the rescue" listing folks all over the country willing to help a fellow ryder in need. Close dealers etc. As akspyderman stated most help posts are answered within minutes...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I always go to What's New so i see anything that has just been posted. I don't see me checking a specific forum on a regular basis.

bmccaffrey
07-26-2015, 08:16 PM
get the app...:lecturef_smilie: spyder codes (androids) my spyder (apple). There is a wealth of information there that can help including "spyders to the rescue" listing folks all over the country willing to help a fellow ryder in need. Close dealers etc. As akspyderman stated most help posts are answered within minutes...:thumbup:

I agree.
Don't leave home with out it :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-27-2015, 06:38 AM
If things go "pear-shaped" :shocked:; take a look in "Spyders to the Rescue" on the home page...

PrairieSpyder
07-27-2015, 08:47 AM
I always go to What's New so i see anything that has just been posted. I don't see me checking a specific forum on a regular basis.

Me, too!

cuznjohn
07-27-2015, 10:07 AM
i am pretty much a loaner, if i have a question on something non mechanical i will post a question on here. but in a emergency my survival mode kicks in and i go from there. to be honest this would be the last place i would ask for help. because if there is a emergency nothing moves fast enough for me. i would try to contact dealers and look for a rental car and lodging to do what i need to do.
PLEASE don't misunderstand me, i really appreciate all the people on here that help me when i have a question, but i just need to handle things myself.

Darren111
07-27-2015, 11:11 AM
i am pretty much a loaner, if i have a question on something non mechanical i will post a question on here. but in a emergency my survival mode kicks in and i go from there. to be honest this would be the last place i would ask for help. because if there is a emergency nothing moves fast enough for me. i would try to contact dealers and look for a rental car and lodging to do what i need to do.
PLEASE don't misunderstand me, i really appreciate all the people on here that help me when i have a question, but i just need to handle things myself.
When I get F3, I will get breakdown cover. OJ UK do you have breakdown cover and if you do who are you using?