PDA

View Full Version : ISCI Handbrake Installed on 2015 RT Special

Thump
07-24-2015, 11:35 PM
9 hrs and done with my ISCI Handbrake install :p
Owners manual was great for taking all the plastic off
Only boggles were the 2 anti tamper screws on the upper right side
I thought the on board toolkit would have the proper tool for removal
Bad assumption - Checked with dealer and they pulled another 2015 kit and verified same thing - service department recommended Sears for the right tool
Same dealer who wouldn't install it for me:mad:
First time ever bleeding brakes but got a Harbor Freight kit for $25 that made it a breeze
Thanks to everyone for their tips on the forums; had to modify the back handlebar cover as someone else stated due to Tri-Axis bars, used a hot knife.
Test ride was awesome. Brakes felt as good as foot pedal.
Next project - BajaRon sway bar!
Love this forum and the support for enabled riders:D
Thump

Chupaca
07-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Busy man...but successful congrats..!! :2thumbs: good luck with the swaybar though a lot easier than the hand brake. :thumbup:

Thump
07-27-2015, 01:07 AM
I put on the missing drive belt guard today and went for a quick 40 mile ride.

Love my Spyder and the new Handbrake

Researching the forums for all info on the sway bar install

Hope to have it and the bumpskid done this week.

Will have to ride some more first though to burn out more gas to make it lighter to lift:yes:
That's my excuse anyway:)

gypsy_100
07-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Only boggles were the 2 anti tamper screws on the upper right side
I thought the on board toolkit would have the proper tool for removal
Bad assumption - Checked with dealer and they pulled another 2015 kit and verified same thing - service department recommended Sears for the right tool
Same dealer who wouldn't install it for me:mad:

Thump

Sounds like a good dealer to avoid. Those two "security" torx are not, repeat not, to be removed. They simply push in and out of rubber grommets underneath. Difficult but that is what they do. They are push pins. One is straight, one is curved in a certain direction. When all the other bolts are out, then gently work the panel off with those pins in place. They will pull out from the grommets underneath. If your dealer has worked on one RT, he knows that well. He is misleading you.

Thump
07-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Roger that Gypsy!
I didn't figure that out though until after I had the special tool set bought
Thanks for clarifying so other folks won't get snookered
Figure I will keep the set for other projects anyway
Appreciate the info
Thump

jgride
10-26-2015, 08:11 AM
A good friend has a prosthetic right leg he bought a new f3 not able to ride it with out a hand brake, I was Adler to build a left foot brake for him, he was able to ride all summer with me and other friends. For those that need a left foot brake call me and I will send you picturs 208-863-7322