PDA

View Full Version : New White RT Limited ----- What are your top Farkle?

bobgeorge
07-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I just ordered a 2015 Pearl White RT Limited. The dealer gave me 12% off accessories so I ended up getting a chrome tri-axis adjustable handlebar, black heated comfort seat, and chrome side wind deflectors.

Besides a BajaRon sway bar....what are your top 3 farkles you have on your RT and why?

Thank you in advance!

JayBros
07-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Laser alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, Kott Grilles

bobgeorge
07-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Laser alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, Kott Grilles

Thanks. Where can you get laser alignments? & how much do they cost?

PMK
07-25-2015, 12:11 AM
1) Aftermarket Seat, we have Corbin Seat, Backrest, Trunkrest, passenger Armrests and Cupholder. Expensive but worth every penny on rides over an hour for us. You might prefer something different.

2) Front suspension package... Properly balancing the Front Wheels, aligning the front wheels, Bajaron Swaybar. We are average size riders, if you are light the sway bar may be not noticed as much. If you are heavy, the swaybar will be an asset and should likely be supplemented with preload adjuster from Bajaron also.

3) BRP HID Headlights, will work on yours, but requires non standard mounting for the ballasts.

PK

SpyderAnn01
07-25-2015, 01:17 AM
I like your choices on BRP accessories, that is pretty much what I had installed on mine before I picked it up. As for aftermarket products:

1. Laser Alignment (come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you Squared Away)
2. Baja Ron Anti Sway Bar
3. Lights: Replace the reflectors on the front fenders with LED lights (Tricled.com)
High Mount Brake Light (Custom Dynamics)
4. Baker Built Air Wings

Why?
1 & 2 Will greatly enhance the handling of your Spyder
3 Safety
4 Comfort

PW2013STL
07-25-2015, 03:38 AM
I like your choices on BRP accessories, that is pretty much what I had installed on mine before I picked it up. As for aftermarket products:

3. Lights: Replace the reflectors on the front fenders with LED lights (Tricled.com)
4. Baker Built Air Wings

Why?
3 Safety
4 Comfort

No experience with number 4, but agree 100% with the rest!

Larry rt
07-25-2015, 05:40 AM
Third rear brake light, is a must! !! For safety!

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-25-2015, 09:01 AM
A " Utopia " backrest......It's very adjustable, ( un-like BRP's ) and mounts very easily, plus it's about 1/2 the cost....just sayin......Mike :thumbup:

bobgeorge
07-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Thank you for all the great recommendations.

What do you all think about the Akrapovic exhaust? I have been watching youtube and has a deeper sound.

Also, what about the adjustable vented windshields? I know the FT windshield has vents built in.

murphybrown
07-25-2015, 09:09 AM

4. Baker Built Air Wings

Why?
3 Safety
4 Comfort

Agree with everything Ann lists (Les the Baker Air Wings are a necessity in my world of Spydering...have had them on both the '10 and now my '14).
I will add a couple more: CUP HOLDER (I actually have 2) and 12 V on dash with helps me keep phone, etc charged (I also like my JT dash bar for mounting phone, SPOT tracker, GPS or Camera or whatever you deem a benefit to your travels).
Enjoy the farkling...just an FYI...you can farkle, farkle and soon you will find something else you just reallllly need!!! (Oh yea I am a salesman's delight!!):yikes::thumbup::yes:

bobgeorge
07-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Agree with everything Ann lists (Les the Baker Air Wings are a necessity in my world of Spydering...have had them on both the '10 and now my '14).
I will add a couple more: CUP HOLDER (I actually have 2) and 12 V on dash with helps me keep phone, etc charged (I also like my JT dash bar for mounting phone, SPOT tracker, GPS or Camera or whatever you deem a benefit to your travels).
Enjoy the farkling...just an FYI...you can farkle, farkle and soon you will find something else you just reallllly need!!! (Oh yea I am a salesman's delight!!):yikes::thumbup::yes:

For you all that have cups. How do you ride and drink? I have a full-face helmet. Seems like that would be difficult. :D

bobgeorge
07-25-2015, 09:21 AM

4. Baker Built Air Wings

Why?
3 Safety
4 Comfort

Are Baker Built Air Wings similar to the BRP side wind deflectors?

murphybrown
07-25-2015, 09:22 AM
For you all that have cups. How do you ride and drink? I have a full-face helmet. Seems like that would be difficult. :D

Yep also ryde with full face shield...raise shield enough for my flexible straw easily finds mouth...suck away...BUT learn to position tongue close to end of straw...dang hitting those bumps without tongue in position can make an OWIE..:yikes:. My straw is "custom made"...food grade flexible plastic (1/4") cut to length that will reach bottom either my thermos (24 oz) or coffee cup (20 oz). Found cork that fits opening...drilled hole in center and put straw in...yep works great...:yes::yes:

kbwitt
07-25-2015, 09:46 AM
1. BajRon sway bar for bike performance and comfort ride $$ if paying to install $$$
You never said what type of riding
If long distances here are some great items.
1. Shuberth c3 pro helmet lightest, quites, built-in sun shade most air through it. $800.00
2.sena 20s blue tooth much better than the Shuberth neck roll system.$450.00 for 2 helmets
3.Rivco highway pegs very simple do it your self $250.00
4. Luggage rack and a 15" x15" netting.do it your self $80.00
5. luggage netting inside of trunk lids and side bag lids. $12.00

Helmets great for short rides also. Buy it and you will never have to buy a second or upgrade

Kenn

bobgeorge
07-25-2015, 09:49 AM
1. BajRon sway bar for bike performance and comfort ride $$ if paying to install $$$
You never said what type of riding
If long distances here are some great items.
1. Shuberth c3 pro helmet lightest, quites, built-in sun shade. $800.00
2.sena 20s blue tooth much better than the Shuberth neck roll system.$450.00 for 2 helmets
3.Rivco highway pegs very simple do it your self $250.00
4. Luggage rack and a 15" x15" netting.do it your self $80.00
5. luggage netting inside of trunk lids and side bag lids. $12.00

Helmets great for short rides also. Buy it and you will never have to buy a second or upgrade

Kenn

Thanks Kenn. I will mostly be riding to work which is about 25 miles....mostly highway...then some city. & touring on the weekend with friends.

Also, I bought a Shoei GT-Air helmet.

kbwitt
07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Thanks Kenn. I will mostsley riding to work which is about 25 miles....mostly highway...then some city. & touring on the weekend with friends.

Also, I bought a Shoei GT-Air helmet.

Also if you are driving in a windy area, put the windshield down. It is like a sail.
The electric winshield was a great idea by BRP alot of people do not use it.

PrairieSpyder
07-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Hello,

I just ordered a 2015 Pearl White RT Limited. The dealer gave me 12% off accessories so I ended up getting a chrome tri-axis adjustable handlebar, black heated comfort seat, and chrome side wind deflectors.

Besides a BajaRon sway bar....what are your top 3 farkles you have on your RT and why?

Thank you in advance!

Only 3? You'll never be able to stop at 3!

I've managed without the air wings so far & the only light I've added is the third brake light from Custom Dynamics. But all the above a good places to start.

bobgeorge
07-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Also if you are driving in a windy area, put the windshield down. It is like a sail.
The electric winshield was a great idea by BRP alot of people do not use it.

So the adjustable vented windshields don't add much value?

Deanna777
07-25-2015, 10:18 AM
1. Painted dash board( Cognac).................................... adds color to the dash board ( got the idea from Blueknight911 mike he painted his dashboard Pearl White send him a Pm ask him how he painted his)

2. Laser Alignment.......... better wear on the tires

3. New Rear Tire( General Altimax RT 43)...................... tire ratings ( had to replace rear tire, no tread left on tire Original Kenda)

4. Led Lighting (Tric)............ ( Front Amber with Safety Reflector & Front Red Amber with Safety Reflector & Red RT Rear Side LED with Reflector).................................... Safety, Visible nice looking Deanna

ARtraveler
07-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Your limited is pretty well decked out. Your add on's are also very good.

Now:

:ani29:: LED lighted bumpskid
:ani29:: KOTT grills--chrome of course
:ani29:: Custom dynamics trunk light bar.

PW2013STL
07-26-2015, 07:16 AM
So the adjustable vented windshields don't add much value?

I have the F4 windshield and use it a lot. It adds a cooling breeze when opened fully and I have used it to help flow rain by adjusting the opening to blow the airflow upward.
I will never be without one again.
Not sure how well the BRP adjustable one works as I have no expeareance with one. The F4 uses a large Gold Wing adjustable vent in the center of the shield that in my opinion works the best.

JayBros
07-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Thanks. Where can you get laser alignments? & how much do they cost?

Since you're in Woodbridge, I suggest checking this link and calling the shop:
http://alloutcycles.com/. The ride would be worth the change in your Spyder's handling. This link is for the company that designs/sells the Rolo system: http://www.spydercomfort.com/index.html.

The bill for my alignment was $125; prices vary.

Bob Denman
07-26-2015, 08:55 AM
:congrats: on your new bike! :clap: :2thumbs:
Accessories; this is always fun! :D
I like more brakelights, and the LED-equipped Bumpskid up front for safety.
After that; I'd look into increasing the comfort of the bike... Add what you need, to make it fit and work better for you. :thumbup:
Seats, backrest, and floorboards might need to be on your radar...
Happy Shopping! :yes:

jaherbst
07-26-2015, 09:31 AM

That is why I took my cup holder off. I would rather stop. get off, stretch and move around a little to get a drink.

Jack

Utah Geezer
07-26-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm with you on this. I'm getting off the bike every 1 1/2 to max 2 hours to stretch and hydrate. Drinking while riding seems to be a distraction that I don't need.

That is why I took my cup holder off. I would rather stop. get off, stretch and move around a little to get a drink.

Jack

bobgeorge
07-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the god feedback. Here's the Farkle I will probably add:

- Baharon sway bar
- Laser alignment
- Utopia backrest
- Kott Grilles
- LED lights (fender/back /brakes)
- Spyder Drops bumpskid....I might get LEDs but I need to check if it is legal in Virginia

Question about Baker Built Air Wings. Are the BRP Wind Deflectors similar?

Rawhide kid
07-26-2015, 09:11 PM
I've had my spyder for a month or so. Other than basic fluid and air checks, I've simply ridden the heck out of it, including a 2k mile ride home where I bought it. Here's my list of what I've bought, put on, or considering to buy.

Spyder to do's:Laser alignment
Oil change and checkup at 3k miles
Check coolant and brake level
Check battery
Ask about recalls being done
Get non chip key and hide

Need to get:
New gas cap- check photos
Air hawk r? (Try Corbin seat)
KOTT grill covers

Passenger arm rests
Tail brake light LED kit
Replace Horn?
Tire graffix?

Ordered:
Ride on tire goop
Highway pegs - rivco
Corbin Seat with drivers backrest- used, from member on this site!

Received, need to put on:
Usb double hub
Trunk weather strip
Bump Skid led plate
Belt guard

Baja Ron sway bar w end links
Ram mount for iPhone
Matt black paint rubber type- custom design?

Already In or on:
Cup holders, driver and passenger
Garage door opener in middle box
Electronic tire air gauge
Inflators And Emergency kit- add light, first aid
Shoe helmet and sena smh20
tried gel and air type seat pads on long trip home. Not good.

Rawhide kid
07-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Forgot. Looking for a tank bag (?) that my pup can sit in, especially when I get the Corbin seat with a bit more room in front of me.

Low priority, but the pup gives me an evil look every time I leave without him. And I think I'm missing some shoes now. New mounds in the garden. Hmmmmm.....

PMK
07-26-2015, 10:24 PM

Interesting but smart idea on the SPOT tracker considering the riding you get in. Never even considered the SPOT on the Spyder before.

PK

jimnsusie
07-26-2015, 11:00 PM
I really like the spot idea and mounting it on the dash. Already have my gps there and still plenty of room on the jt bar. Had the gopro there but moved that to the side mirror due to the bugs on the windshield.

sidecars
07-26-2015, 11:45 PM
A " Utopia " backrest......It's very adjustable, ( un-like BRP's ) and mounts very easily, plus it's about 1/2 the cost....just sayin......Mike :thumbup:

My first Farkle, and really only on so far.. is the Utopia backrest. REALLY helped my back. Just finished 1000 mile trip plus.. and NO problems.. which is new for me!