PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!

remark2013
07-24-2015, 04:52 PM
So I changed my tire following the instruction from Finnless Bob and now I have "Brake Frailer" as well as in linmp mode and the Parking Break doesn't work. What could I have done wrong?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I was planning on going for a 300mi ride tomorrow, guess I'm headed to the Dealer! GRRRRR :gaah::gaah:

cuznjohn
07-24-2015, 04:56 PM
i have never changed a tire on the bike but i would check the anti lock brake sensor and also check the parking brake cable under the right side Tupperware. just a start till others can help you

Bob Denman
07-24-2015, 05:04 PM
I have heard of bikes popping a brake code after a tire change...
...But I've not seen it.
Try sending a PM to rnet; he would know the cause.
Good luck! :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-24-2015, 05:13 PM
So I changed my tire following the instruction from Finnless Bob and now I have "Brake Frailer" as well as in linmp mode and the Parking Break doesn't work. What could I have done wrong?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I was planning on going for a 300mi ride tomorrow, guess I'm headed to the Dealer! GRRRRR :gaah::gaah:
Did you by chance put the bike in gear and run it with the rear wheel off the ground? If so, take it for a short ride. The codes should clear out.

remark2013
07-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Just so everyone understands, I in no way blame anyone for this issue, I took the risk and it's all on me. Just wanted that out there so no one thinks I am point fingers at any advise I used I.E. Finlless Bob.
i thank everyone for any and all advise, Kent.

remark2013
07-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Did you by chance put the bike in gear and run it with the rear wheel off the ground? If so, take it for a short ride. The codes should clear out.

I did do that! Would that cause the Parking Break to quite working?

Kent.

remark2013
07-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Kent.

WasWinger, you were correct, that did it:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
07-24-2015, 05:52 PM
So, the ride is back on? :D

OUTSTANDING!!! :yes::yes: :2thumbs:

Chupaca
07-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Glad that trip to the dealer was averted. Have a great trip and be safe and cool...:2thumbs: love these full start to finish threads...:thumbup:

finless
07-24-2015, 07:02 PM
WasWinger, you were correct, that did it:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sorry I was not online when this came up. Waswinger gave you the right advice.
FYI Waswinger is a great guy technically so you can count on his answers!

Because you followed my video I would for sure have tried to help had I been online when this came up, as it was me that talked you into DIY with my video...... Sorry I was not here.

Just an FYI. My video did not tell you to run it on the jack!!! ;)

Anyway... Aren't you proud of doing it yourself? I bet you are! :yes:

I am glad my video helped you. Makes me happy to know someone got good use of it :)

Bob

ARtraveler
07-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Quick and easy resolution. :yes::yes::yes:

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I am glad that you came here before running to the dealer. Many, many trips to the dealer can be averted by taking advantage of the knowledge on this site. It also helps to have the phone number of a smart member so if you are stuck you can call someone who may be able to talk you through your problems.

As I told my girlfriend when we parted ways in the Yukon Territory, don't cry if something goes wrong on your bike, call us first. Today she called (not crying) and said that her husband's bike wouldn't start, he had just had a battery installed a few weeks ago. Joe talked him through checking his battery connections and, sure enough, the ground wire was loose. I told Joe that there are a lot of owners that faced with that situation would have been calling for a tow truck. Hello AAA, I have a Spyder and I'm 300 miles from a dealer, help me please!!

900Dave
07-24-2015, 07:44 PM

Kent.

I did the same thing the first time I tried to align the belt. I jacked up the back tire and and idled it in gear and WOW! These codes popped up and I am thinking I just ruined our weekend ride. Nope rode it around the block and they went away.

oldgoat
07-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Maybe I was lucky or the '08s are different. I didn't get any codes when I ran the engine in 1st gear (with the rear wheel securely raised & the front wheels chocked)

remark2013
07-24-2015, 09:22 PM
finless, this was not the first time I used one of your videos for help and your right, you didn't say to run the bike on the jack! I was trying to make sure the belt would track correctly!
Once again thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement, it means a great deal to know help is moments away.
I also changed the oil today so I'm good for another 6,000 mi!

To the mountains we go!
Everyone have a great and safe weekend and ride safe all!
Kent.

Ex-Rocket
07-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Glad that trip to the dealer was averted. Have a great trip and be safe and cool...:2thumbs: love these full start to finish threads...:thumbup:

Yes I have to :agree:. Far too many people post a problem on here and they get a lot of people involved trying to solve the problem and you never hear another word from them. Makes you wonder if they really had a problem in the first place. Glad the OP replied to let everybody know that the problem is sorted and they are on the road again.:clap:

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-24-2015, 10:45 PM

Kent.
I guess it must, particularly if you use the brake to stop the rear tire. By running the rear tire off the ground you upset Nanny. She asks why is the rear tire turning and the front ones not, and says something is screwed up, especially since the front ones aren't turning at all. I don't know the ins and outs, just that I read here somewhere last year that doing so upsets things, which I did, and figured out by trying that taking the bike for a spin let's Nanny see all is well, actually! Nanny wants to see all three tires turning at near the same speed.

Bob Denman
07-25-2015, 07:44 AM
:agree: This is why it's tough to nail a Spyder down to a chassis dyno... :banghead:

finless
07-25-2015, 09:14 AM
I have run the rear tire before with it jacked up. Mine is a SM5 and if I just let it idle in gear I got no codes. The minute I gave it some throttle to spin it a little faster that's when it started throwing codes.

But due to the fine info provided here before, I knew if I just went and rode it they would clear.

Of course when your dealer plugs in BUDs he is going to see them. When I took my Spyder in for the set screw warranty repair thing, I told the dealer they would see some codes logged as I did that and to not think something was wrong somewhere.

Bob