PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hindle

proudcoppop
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi all,
I want to purchase a Hindle and would like suggestions on where to buy for a good price. I would also be interested in a used one if anyone has one available.
Thanks

steven888
01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey, I have a hindle for sale. I had the baffle removed for a beefy sound and It's great. I want $300.00 plus shipping. Let me know if your interested.

AMTJIM
01-02-2009, 02:17 PM
If steven888 doesn't work for you...try your dealer. Many if not all got the spyder accessory display and this was one of the included accessories. They forgot they even had one and I told them were to find it. After that, showing them how low they sell for when they start at 0.00 with no reserve on ebay and all the other exhausts out there for less than Hindle, I got it for about 400.00.

proudcoppop
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I appreciate the offer regarding the Hindle with the core modification but I am concerned that even the std Hindle might be too loud. Based on the on line sound bites I hope it will be OK.
I am going to the dealer tomorrow to check on their price. The brochure the dealer gave me regarding Spyder accessories shows $624 which is too steep for my blood. Hopefully the dealer discounts. I'll find out and let you know.
Thanks for your input - much appreciated.
Ted

SpyderDog65
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi all,
I want to purchase a Hindle and would like suggestions on where to buy for a good price. I would also be interested in a used one if anyone has one available.
Thanks

dont buy that piece of crap buy a real exhaust get yourself a Venom exhaust by Motad can be had with the 90degree pipe for 425 complete from annitore dist i got mine off ebay from him wow awsome sound the mech that worked on it last week told me it was the best sounding exhaust hes hear on a spyder yet :) its got a nice rapp really nice i love it
i had a pic of the one i bought but now i cant find it here is a pic of basicaly what i got the can is exactly what is pictured but the 90 degree tube is not pictured :) this thing is :b2b:

Greg H.
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I am about ready to buy a Hindle, as well. There is a local dealer that might discount some. I'm not paying the $625 + retail price.

So; if anyone has any good info for a great price online, let us know. A couple of eBay dealers have the Hindle for around $525.00. I might spend that. But, less would be better. :)

Spydr in KS
01-02-2009, 09:49 PM
$479.99 w/ free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Can-AM-Spyder-BRP-Roadster-Hindle-Performance-Exhaust_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el 1262QQcategoryZ35619QQihZ008QQitemZ180317490898QQt cZphoto

bone crusher
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
If you want a hindle for $430.00 delivered from a BRP authorized dealer...brand new and in box, PM me...

bjt
01-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I appreciate the offer regarding the Hindle with the core modification but I am concerned that even the std Hindle might be too loud. Based on the on line sound bites I hope it will be OK....
Ted

The Hindle is not all that loud. You'll notice a small volume increase at idle. Its when you start giving the Spyder some throttle that the Hindle gets a lot louder than the stock pipe. For example, when riding on the interstate with the stock pipe, you can't hear the exhaust sound at all, mostly just wind noise. When riding on the interstate with a Hindle, you can hear the exhaust sound competing with the wind noise. In city driving (25 - 35 mph), the stock muffler allows you to hear the engine / gear whine. The Hindle drowns out the engine whine for the most part at those speeds. When pulling up next to a motorcycle with straight pipes, their exhaust noise will drown out the Hindle unless they are idling and you are goosing the Spyder.

proudcoppop
01-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I bought the Hindle where I purchased my Spyder for $479. I could have purchased probably for less as indicated in the other threads but want to support my local dealer as long as the price is within reason.
Thanks also for the information regarding the sound.
The dealer had to order the unit and with Indiana weather I might not have a "sound report" for a little while.

Greg H.
01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Locally; About $615 is the best price I have found (including tax) - 10% off. I'm not paying that.