PDA

View Full Version : Patience Grasshopper....

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 10:12 AM
I am dying for a new RT and I'm hoping the 2016's will be available in the Viper red again (I think that was the name of it..). The good news is I will find out on the 31st if it is. If so I'll wait for one. The bad news is it will cost me several thousand and a much longer wait.
My 2nd choice is Pearl White and they are going fast. I have found some incredible deals, like just under $24k.
incentives are up on the 31st tho. Wonder if they will offer lower price on August 1?

Now I remember why I don't gamble, I'm not worth a crap at it.
:banghead:

Bob Denman
07-23-2015, 10:18 AM
:shocked: You've got it bad; don't you? :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112137&stc=1

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 10:35 AM
:shocked: You've got it bad; don't you? :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112137&stc=1

its terminal...:D

Bob Denman
07-23-2015, 10:47 AM
:congrats: And the only known cure...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112139&stc=1

ARtraveler
07-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Listen to the force Luke...:roflblack::roflblack:

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Seriously though, for those of you that have been on this forum for some time and have upgraded to newer models over the years what is the norm for discounts? These expire on July 31, think there will be more in August? I have no idea because I haven't bought a new bike in years.
Thanks!
Sid

Highwayman2013
07-23-2015, 01:42 PM
They are actually discounting early this year. Last year I think it was September.

Bob Denman
07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
:agree: Check BRP's website for the latest of the discounts. :thumbup:
But be prepared to get into trouble!! :D

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 01:47 PM
They are actually discounting early this year. Last year I think it was September.

Yes I know. And these discount expire July 31. What I was asking was does Can Am usually continue the factory discounts each month or is this it for this model year?

ARtraveler
07-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Yes I know. And these discount expire July 31. What I was asking was does Can Am usually continue the factory discounts each month or is this it for this model year?

Last year they (BRP) played games with discounts and warranty extension deals. When one sale period expired, they just extended it another 3 months or so.

Will they do it again this year? Time will tell. Would I jump on a particular discount for item x before the 31st, or wait until I hear the announcement on the 31st?

I am guessing if a particular discount were to expire on the 31st and you wanted to make the deal within the first week of August, the dealer would be a fool to lose the sale over a deal breaker like that.

If sale price X is good on the 31st, it should be just as good a couple days later. We would sure like to hear about dealers that try to play games over a situation like that.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-23-2015, 03:53 PM

IMHO, I would be checking what they are selling them at Florida Powersports for and also IMotorsports......Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
07-23-2015, 04:18 PM
When best to buy...(with rumors of the line up next week) deals abound which brings you to funding (how much do you have to work with) leaving you with can you wait...I couldn't when I got mine..:ohyea: hang in there...:thumbup:

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Last year they (BRP) played games with discounts and warranty extension deals. When one sale period expired, they just extended it another 3 months or so.

Will they do it again this year? Time will tell. Would I jump on a particular discount for item x before the 31st, or wait until I hear the announcement on the 31st?

I am guessing if a particular discount were to expire on the 31st and you wanted to make the deal within the first week of August, the dealer would be a fool to lose the sale over a deal breaker like that.

If sale price X is good on the 31st, it should be just as good a couple days later. We would sure like to hear about dealers that try to play games over a situation like that.

Much thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 04:42 PM
IMHO, I would be checking what they are selling them at Florida Powersports for and also IMotorsports......Mike :thumbup:

Yes I have been Mike. Good prices at both places So far Woods Cycle country and Central Florida both have the White limited for $23799. IMotorsorts is a few hundred higher but they will fly you in or ship it. But, (there's always a but, aint there?) they have no white.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Yes I have been Mike. Good prices at both places So far Woods Cycle country and Central Florida both have the White limited for $23799. IMotorsorts is a few hundred higher but they will fly you in or ship it. But, (there's always a but, aint there?) they have no white.

BikerDoc posted here a few days ago an RTS spec ed. SE-6 ....$ 21699......@ Central Fla. Powersports ......Mike

Madrebel
07-23-2015, 07:31 PM
BikerDoc posted here a few days ago an RTS spec ed. SE-6 ....$ 21699......@ Central Fla. Powersports ......Mike Yeah I remember his post on that model. Good price and I've seen several of those close to that price. Got my heart set on a white limited though.