PDA

View Full Version : What Spyder will fit me?

Dubliner
07-23-2015, 01:16 AM
I am 6'4" tall, what Spyder would fit me best?

While talking to a dealer today he suggested that the seating of the RSS would be too cramped for me and that the ST would probably be the way to go for legroom, sitting position and comfort etc!

So what do you guys think?

4 MARIE
07-23-2015, 01:32 AM
I'm 6'6" and sadly didn't test sit either of those, but "gravitated" to an RT. It was just so much more casual.
Although I can admit liking the idea of having a sportier one also. Now if they would just put the triple in an ST...

JKMSPYDER
07-23-2015, 05:58 AM
The only way to know for sure is to go to a dealer that has all 4 models on the floor and sit on each one. Also test drive your favorite if possible. Then you will know.

JayBros
07-23-2015, 06:21 AM
The only way to know for sure is to go to a dealer that has all 4 models on the floor and sit on each one. Also test drive your favorite if possible. Then you will know.

:agree: and if possible you should try to sit ones with a Comfort Seat and the extra leg room. You may or may not like the feel of the seat but you would get an idea how much more comfortable a couple of inches of leg room would be that you could have in an aftermarket seat of your choice.

retired1
07-23-2015, 06:31 AM

While talking to a dealer today he suggested that the seating of the RSS would be too cramped for me and that the ST would probably be the way to go for legroom, sitting position and comfort etc!

I'd try the F3 with the adjustable seating and handlebar.

Bob Denman
07-23-2015, 07:09 AM
http://cycle-ergo.com/

If you click on the link, you can go directly to the website, pick out the bikes that you want to investigate a bit closer, and plug in your own measurements! :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112127&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112128&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112129&stc=1

PistonBlown
07-23-2015, 07:54 AM

I'm 6'2" with long legs (36" inside leg) and the RS is the perfect position for me, certaiinly don't feel cramped.

I have standard footpegs, seat and bars and they feel just right.

It' more about the sitting position you prefer as Bobs diagram shows What sort of bikes have you ridden before and feel comfortable on?

Sports or naked = RS
Full dress tourers = RT
Sports tourers = ST
Cruiser = F3

blacklightning
07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm 6'6" and sadly didn't test sit either of those, but "gravitated" to an RT. It was just so much more casual.
Although I can admit liking the idea of having a sportier one also. Now if they would just put the triple in an ST...
:agree:Although I love my RT, if they would put the 1330 in a ST, I would trade in a minute.

Pirate looks at --
07-23-2015, 08:49 AM
A Spyder you can win! The Tickets are only $10.00 and the money goes to a great cause. Check ou the Win a Spyder Thread on this forum. Everything fits better when it is Free (or almost anyway)

Rockwall
07-23-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm 6'4" 235lbs and the STOCK RS was not comfortable at all. At the time of purchase my choices were the RS and RT and the RT was not for me. I have added many farkles to turn my bike into a quasi-cruiser style ride and it now fits me like a glove. Read my upgrades and check them out. The custom seat is the biggest improvement, along with floor boards, highway pegs, mirror extensions and handlebar risers.

Good luck and PM me if you want to ask more.:doorag:

Dubliner
07-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all the replies, at present my ride is a 1500 Gold Wing. I have been riding over forty years and so the wheels have changed quite a bit. Last year I had a blow out which took some of my confidence with it. An exciting moment not to be repeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
07-23-2015, 12:26 PM
The chart showing sitting positions above and the brief descriptions of each model should be helpful.

The best way though, is to test sit/test drive the models you are interested in to be sure.

The most adjustment will be found on the F3. The RT can be had with a Comfort seat that puts the driver back two inches more than the OEM seat.

Floorboards on most upline versions make foot position movable.

There are also adjustable handlebars available for the T models.

Chupaca
07-23-2015, 04:00 PM
I am 6'1" have an RS box stock seating and love it. 400/600 miles no problem. But this is me and you have to decide whats best for you. The RSS and the RS are the same seating position. There are modifications that can be made to all models if you find the need. In the end the test ryde is your best friend...:thumbup: just consider where you'll be ryding the most..around town, freeway touring or backroads ...