PDA

View Full Version : Heated hand grips, fog lights issue

One Legged Willie
07-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Hi, I have a 2014 RT LTD stopped to put different shocks and a new back tire yesterday and last night riding the fog lights, and heated hand grips didn't work. Looking through owners Manuel and can't see which fuse they would be on, any help?

JayBros
07-22-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm a little new in this area but I suggest powering up the Spyder and first thing, try the horn. If the horn doesn't work look at Fuse 5 in the right fuse box. It's a 25 amp fuse that according to the way I read the wiring diagram completes the circuitry for the heated grips, fog lights and horn.

Doc - Riverside
07-22-2015, 02:39 PM
As stated if the horn works then then the 25 amp fuse is good. The fuse feeds Load Shedding Relay R4 which is located in the Right Hand Fuse Box. Re-seat the Relay and start the engine. If the fog lights and grips still don't work the relay is probably bad.

2Paw
07-22-2015, 02:47 PM
on my 2012 turned out that the left hand heated grip had to be replaced because of a short.

One Legged Willie
07-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Thank you, replaced and horn worked but blew new fuse when turned fog lights on but thank you for your help.

JayBros
07-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Thank you, replaced and horn worked but blew new fuse when turned fog lights on but thank you for your help.

If you blew a fuse when you turned on the fog lights there's a short somewhere. Maybe a wire got pinched; there are some sharp edges on the machine.