PDA

View Full Version : Transmission slipping

Rhondabh3
07-17-2015, 06:45 AM
A few weeks back I was traveling in the mountains pulling trailer and check transmission light came on. Transmission felt like it was slipping. I stopped and bike cooled n started again and as long as I didn't accelerate too quickly all was we'll. drove another 200 miles to get home Transmission still seems to be slipping. I'm taking to dealership today but want to know if anyone has had this experience before. 2011 RT with 21,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandpot
07-17-2015, 06:50 AM
Do you know what type of oil was used for the last oil change. If the oil was "Energy Conserving", it has friction modifiers that will cause the clutch to slip. If that's not it, then it does look like a trip to the dealer.

billybovine
07-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Clutch has gone bad. Wrong oil used or if it's a SE5 too many miles at low rpm possible causes.

Chupaca
07-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Have to agree with the clutch is going. Wrong oil, under full engagement rpm's or other it would be best to have it checked out. I would change it and not run the risk of it going out while out on the road....:dontknow:

gypsy_100
07-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Clutch has gone bad. Wrong oil used or if it's a SE5 too many miles at low rpm possible causes.

Have to agree with the clutch is going. Wrong oil, under full engagement rpm's or other it would be best to have it checked out. I would change it and not run the risk of it going out while out on the road....:dontknow:

:agree: